Default TV Crisis: "Hole In The Wall" May Be Axed!

Dale Winton's celebrity gameshow Hole In The Wall may be axed by the BBC.

According to The Sun, the show's bosses are worried that people are bored with the format and are struggling to find willing contestants.

The programme features two teams, led by Anton du Beke and Darren Gough, competing in a game of human Tetris, where they attempt avoid being knocked into a pool of water.

Vanessa Feltz, Bobby Davro, Phil Tuffnell, Andi Peters and Alex Wotherspoon have all taken part in the first series.

"There's a lot of love for Hole In The Wall," said a source. "It's a hilarious show and it's found a place in the nation's heart.

"However, there are only so many times you can watch Vanessa Feltz get dunked in a pool and laugh.
    OR ARE THERE?

Si.

I've never seen it - but I saw a clip on Harry Hill where the hole was shaped curiously like a bent 'thingy'.

Hang on. That game is their WHOLE SHOW?!?! Surely it's like a minor sub-game in a Celebrity It's A Knockout style tournament?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, Fox pulled it from their schedules over here fairly sharpish, so it's not surprise it's dying a death elsewhere

The trouble is that it's not a bad concept, it's just as Steve says it would be better as one game in a It's a Knockout-style show...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

The guests are woefully desperate! Sian Lloyd anyone?

Si.

I have not seen any of this aside from the clips alluded to by Steve, but it sounds a pretty desperate idea. Be gone and bring back Pets Win Prizes!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

BRING ON THE WALL!

Bring on the axe more like.

I genuinely think this is one of the worst programmes ever made! The format's tedious, the celebs beyond z-list and it's so slow - at least in the original Japanese version they tend to show just the wall bits and don't have any of the dull chit chat between rounds. But even then it's still pretty awful stuff.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Even silver lycra cald cameltoe and bulges can't save it.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Clearly it's a marketing issue. Advertise it as "Andi Peters in Dale Winton's Hole- Friday at 7.30" and you'd be packing them in.

Advertise it as "Andi Peters in Dale Winton's Hole- Friday at 7.30" and you'd be packing them in.
    Packing them in? What have you heard about Andi Peters then?!

This keeps reminding me of Mitchell and Webb's spoof of Weakest Link, which was called 'The Hole In The Ring'.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

I do catch bits of this various Saturdays. I watch for about 2 minutes, it's mildly amusing, but then I change channels, as it's not something you can watch lots of. I always thought it was just a round in a gameshow, and there was more to it than that. Wrong.

I caught about a minute of it last night, and one of the contestants was a rather pretty girl, don't know who, and the look in her eyes said that behind the smile, she was dying inside. Says it all.