Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It was a very exciting scene to write- I can't wait to hear it at the weekend!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Like some sort of less-accomplished RTD I asked for an action-a-thon for this one. "The tone word is Loud!" I declared, as everyone wondered who put me in charge. But Si and Paul dissapeared and duly returned with exactly what I'd hoped for - a big, loud, Daleky blockbuster. Hurrah!

Si.

Yes. It wasn't what I originally had in mind. I had a much quirkier dalek story but when Si said blockbuster I went a bit mad, conceiving a story line that included loads of things which I then had to scale back, otherwise we would have had a Dalek Masterplan type thing. The original idea may still see the light of day though. Si Hart was drafted in to help me out with episode 2 and to be honest he may as well have read my mind because his episode was exactly as I'd imagined it. He wrote a fantastic ending and you're all in for a treat.

Thanks Paul. Collaboration isn't always easy and I certainly went through your very detailed storyline thoroughly several times to make sure I did it justice. I'm glad you think I did. It's certainly more action packed than my normal stuff, so it was great fun to write something different. I've made certain there are lots of action scenes, plenty of explosions and battles and I'm sure Si Hunt is going to make it sound suitably epic, especialy after his highly atmospheric and brilliant work on part 1.

Si xx

I rather like the way all four episodes of this part of the season were written by someone different. We all had a stab this time. And none of us are involved in the writing of the next adventure, it's done entirely by someone n-n-n-new to PS Audios! But you might know him, albeit not be able to send him a Christmas Card until he sends you his new address.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I know what you mean about collaboration - 'Ratanapura' was much darker in its original form, then Si came along and peppered it with jokes and made the story even more enjoyable

Some could interprete that as "My dark brooding masterpiece was ruined when some rotter came and added lots of jokes" you know!

But I was duly punished when someone else came along and re-wrote "Enjoy Your Shoes" for me

Si.

I only changed one line!

It was about 600 words long though.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Default Eye of the Daleks

It's a day early, as lots of us are in London at the weekend for the meet.

Click here to download - enjoy!

Please support our chosen charity, The Children's Society, by ordering a CD version containing free out-takes, trailer and bonus adventure "Enjoy Your Shoes". CD's can be obtained from the meet tomorrow evening in Victoria or by post (see separate thread).

Si.
    Last edited by Si Hunt; 7th Nov 2008 at 11:25 PM.

PS I've put it up early as it's the last episode of our season!

Wayne Guest

I'm hoping that some people noteable for not commenting on the Episode 1 thread, are merely waiting until they get their CD's.
    Meanwhile i think Part 2 is really exciting, so hopefully with the current oasis of stability in the running of PS, people will be able to download it without any problems. Hope folk enjoy it. It's chuffing brilliant, if i do say so myself!

We've got it donwlaoed, but are waiting until everyone in the house is ready to hear it together. Apparently this could be a while!

Si xx

I've still to check this out Waynester, I understand the Daleks give a performance to die for!

We even tried telling Ralph that the Daleks sounded like Pertwee- era Daleks to tempt Ralph into listening to it last night!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We even tried telling Ralph that the Daleks sounded like Pertwee- era Daleks to tempt Ralph into listening to it last night!

Si xx
    Yeah they better sound Pertweesque or else!

Wayne Guest

Well they do!

Don't worry Ralph, i wasn't singling anyone out, especially you as i know you're not really an audio man. I think last week's forum problems were hinderance for some in downloading Part 1, so fingers crossed that the forum doesn't explode into nothingness now that Part 2 is up.

There's only one word for that... EPIC!

Well done Si- excellent production there, and well done Wayne. You enjoyed that, didn't you?
    In fact well done everyone for making the script sound so good. Everyone was brilliant!

Si xx

Wayne Guest

and well done Wayne. You enjoyed that, didn't you?

Not 'arf!

I'm saving both episdoes for the train journey up to the meet this afternoon
    Bazinga !

Wayne Guest

Yay!

I downloaded it but didn't get to listen to it as Tabby got up.
    I'm glad its got a good reception and hopefully everyone will like the ending

I listened to it last night, and thought it made a great finale to the Season, with a very epic feel to it. The relationship between Rob and Choo developed well in such a short time, and led to the rather touching ending, which I think featured some of Rob's best scenes to date.

I also found Dave to be particularly good as Nick in those scenes where he thought the Doctor had left him behind, I think this story has featured some of the best acting to date from the three regulars.

Pip's Kroton voices were great too, I have to admit to laughing when I imagined him shouting 'DISSSSSPERRRRRSEEEEE!' they sounded great.
    And Wayne's Dalek voices continued to impress, the crazed 'Conquer and Destroy' chant at the end was chilling.

Glad you liked it Martin. I was a bit worried about the ending . I thought it might be confusing.

I thought that the whole adventure was absolutly fantastic the best story in the season. Well done to Paul and Simon for the excellent story and well done Si for the fantastic production and also to Pip for the best cover so far. Everyone who acted in it were fantastic but Steve's Rob was the best of the adventure he even brought a tear to my eye at the end of the adventure. There is nothing I can really fault about the whole thing. Thank you to everyone involved for the most fantastic season finale.

Yay, thanks Chris!

Si.