Default Biscuit Breakthrough! Best Biscuit Ever Made Even Better!

Those of you that pay attention to my wittering posts will know that this is the BISCUIT OF CHAMPIONS:

Made with a spicey, distinct cookie dough and baked so that it is SOFT and not CRUNCHY, this King of Biscuits is rounded off with a layer of thick Green and Blacks (i.e proper) chocolate which should spoil it with indulgence BUT SOMEHOW INSTEAD MAKES IT EVEN BETTER.

Case closed, you might think. I need never buy another biscuit.

YOU ARE WRONG.

Enter this matching beauty, which I was surprised and delighted to see sitting innocently on the shelf in Tesco this week (and reduced, no less). It seems that Green and Blacks (master chocolatiers and makers of Proper Chocolate) have dared to tamper with the winning formula of the Organic Chocolate Flapjack biscuit. It may seem like a fools errand, but then, if Henry Ford hadn't tampered with Rodney Tricycle's idea, or if someone somewhere hadn't said "the oven is all well and good, but why not make it smaller and not need cleaning" then where would we be?

Anyway it was with trepedation today that I sampled this oatey delight, alongside the traditional hot chocolate and Star Trek episode for quality control purposes. And lo, although only time can award a biscuit the Mark of The Champion, I do believe that this new feast is a veritable contender.

So I implore you now, to go out and buy a box (classy eh? None of yer common 'packets' for the mighty Green and Blacks) of these edible wonders, and ponder why you ever bothered eating another biscuit.

Go! Now!

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

I've never seen you so excited! I thought you thought biscuits were the Devil's work???

The problem with buying biscuits is that they have to get eaten and I tend to eat them quite quickly.

However, tomorrow is my book group meeting and as they delegate me to buy the biscuits I have a perfect excuse to buy some of these to see if they really are as good as you claim.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I tend to eat them quite quickly.
    That is why they are evil! And why Oreos are so lovely - they come as 4 foil wrapped fresh-a-licious biscuits.

Oh the evil of "I'll just have another one". We need a time locked biscuit dispense in our house. Or better yet have none in the house - trying to persuade the wife of that.

We've gone for the "none in the house" option and it does work. We just eat healthy Frusili bars instead!

Si xx

I've never seen you so excited! I thought you thought biscuits were the Devil's work???
    I was recently at someone's house when I noticed a book laying on the sofa. It was a self-help "lose weight" book by Paul McKenna. Yes, trash, I thought, flicking it open and reading a few lines. But quite frankly, those few lines that I read I found inspired, and they have been ingrained on my mind since.

McKenna said, eat what you like, with one condition. Because the way to PUT ON WEIGHT is to limit yourself, and that makes you want to eat more ("forbidden fruit") and then you tend to eat for the sake of it, joylessly. And that's the condition - you have to savour what you are eating. Relish it. Taste every crumb, and lap up every bite.

So these biscuits are for luxurious enjoyment really. You have to limit yourself to one and a time. I find generally with anything, the best thing is to have one and then stop because the second one is never as enjoyable as the first.

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Funny you should say that, Si- last Friday as a treat I went in a very expensive chocolate shop in Leeds and bought myself a selection of ten of their Belgian chocolates (well, one was a marzipan strawberry, but we won't split hairs) for ?5.95, expecting them to last me possibly to the end of Saturday night.

I finished the last couple yesterday.

I don't know about anybody else, but I tend to find that really good quality chocolate is quite difficult to eat in quantity anyway because it's quite filling. I don't rate Green & Black's, though- I like the almond bar, but wasn't keen on one of the ordinary bars when I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    You have to limit yourself to one and a time...the best thing is to have one and then stop because the second one is never as enjoyable as the first.

Si.
    I'm the same with women.

However, tomorrow is my book group meeting and as they delegate me to buy the biscuits I have a perfect excuse to buy some of these to see if they really are as good as you claim.
    Right! On the scales, you!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I don't rate Green & Black's, though- I like the almond bar, but wasn't keen on one of the ordinary bars when I tried it.
    I'm not keen on the milk chocolate, Ginger or Almond varieties. But try the Dark Chocolate or Cherry variations. The cherry in particular is to die for.

Si.

The cherry in particular is to die for.
    A choking hazard then...

They didn't have the apricot ones so I didn't buy them for my reading group. I went for the 2 for ?2 offer on Sainsbury's Finest cookies instead. Sorry Si.

Si xx

It's probably just as well Si, they're a bit wasted on snotty kids. Buy a box for yourself, lock yourself in with the curtains closed, the cookies, a glass of milk and "The Time Warrior" and experience heaven.

Si.

Snotty kids? These are fine older ladies!

Si xx

Well just give the glam ones a cookie.

I find the way I'm drawn to glam old ladies quite bizarre actually. There was one on reception at work today who looked like Lynda Baron and had a big ring. I thought "I like you. I want to take you home."

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Those of you that pay attention to my wittering posts will know that this is the BISCUIT OF CHAMPIONS:

Si.
    You may try to impress us with your sophisticated biscuit tastes, but other posts tell a very different story

"The Best Of Both Worlds (Part 1)"

Half way through this as I type (I did the first half with a hot chocolate and shortbread finger,
    So I found myself watching "Clues", which begins with one of the regulars dressed in a silly wig in obvious holodeck sillyness. I quickly realised I would need an extra Jammie Dodger to see me through.
    I bet you eat custard creams and Spar own brand Ginger Thins, and then feel all dirty inside too
    Bazinga !

Not at all Jon. I have one Green and Black's Organic Chocolate Cookie and one shortbread finger every day, that's the routine. One day I was out of shortbread fingers, so hauled in a Jammie Dodger as a substitute.

All are acceptable in biscuit terms. I mean, let's get some perspective - it's not like I was caught with a Tesco Digestive.

Si.

I have to applaud Jon's thorough detective work - it's as though 'eating biscuits' is the Bad Wolf sewn throughout Si's posts.

The scars have not healed in this house from the day when a boy who shall be nameless forced me to eat a Tesco value pizza.

It was like cardboard with a bit of red paint on it.

But not as nice.

Pip Madeley Guest

Sainsburys and ASDA value orange juice & apple juice are lovely.

The cheap value cola on the other hand...

Call me old-fashioned but it's between Pink Wafers and Bourbons for me.
    A revolution without dancing, isn't one worth having

I love pink wafers. Everyone thinks that's odd, but I've always loved them.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by sugartongs View Post
    Call me old-fashioned but it's between Pink Wafers and Bourbons for me.
    Another Bourbon fan!

And I like pink wafers too!