Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Default Is it just me?....

....... or is this website inaccesible to everyone/anyone else as well?

http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers

I've been trying to get on it for 2 days.

Your link works for me.

Wayne Guest

Strange! I just get this:

I got that the first time I tried, but now the site seems to be coming up OK.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

I'm still getting it.

Internet Explorer 6 Problems
    Hi

Admin are aware of the problems that Users are experiencing,in the mean time please bear with us and use Firefox or Internet Explorer 7 both of which work when downloading covers.

Regards

Ratcatcher
    From the site's FAQ.

The moral of the story is USE FIREFOX~!
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Or I.E 7.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    The moral of the story is USE FIREFOX~!
    A girl after my own heart!

Down with IE!!!

We only have IE 6 at work and I have the same problem...

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    We only have IE 6 at work and I have the same problem...
    Does your work have some kind of deathwish? Seriously you do need to regularly update your web browser - I know I joke about my hatred of IE, but all the same, the security built into IE 7 is still a lot better than IE 6.

They don't want to pay the licence for however many hundreds of thousands of employees to be upgraded I guess. We're still on XP as well, and I was just moved up to Outlook and Office 2007 from 2003. I was on 2002 for the longest time.

They do have the internet set up so we can't access tons of sites and I've never heard of a major problem from hackers, so I guess they know what they are doing...

Wayne Guest

Hmmm...... the idea of using a new browser is a bit scary to us non-techie types, but i use that site quite a lot, & if they don't fix the problem, i might be tempted to give it a try.
    What i'd like to do is just use Firefox to open websites like this one that don't work with IE, in the same way that you can open files on your PC with different programs other than the default programs if you want to.
    Is it possible to do that, or do i have to have either one or the other? If i installed Firefox & didn't like it, Would IE still be there, or would i have to re-install it?
    Dunno why this has happened with that website all of a sudden. I've been using it for ages, & it's been fine up until this week.

Pip Madeley Guest

You can have both installed Wayne, I have both but I make sure IE7 is the default browser (cause I like it).

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I have both but I make sure IE7 is the default browser (cause I like it).

Wayne Guest

Ta Pip.
    I'll give it a try if they haven't fixed it in a couple more days.

Pip Madeley Guest

On the other hand, you could stop being a cheap bastard and buy the DVDs.

Wayne Guest

You ought to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    What i'd like to do is just use Firefox to open websites like this one that don't work with IE, in the same way that you can open files on your PC with different programs other than the default programs if you want to.
    You can do it the other way - there is a Firefox extension which lets you tell it which sites to open in IE. So you'll be in Firefox, click your short cut to said website and it automatically opens IE for you. Microsoft weren't keen on letting their dwindling band of IE users develop something similar for Explorer.

Firefox will import all your favourites (etc) from IE when you install it so there won't be a steep learning curve.

Or you could try Safari, Chrome or Opera if you're feeling adventurous.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

WhiteCrow Guest

Chrome is a great tool to explore the internet with - but it has compatability issues with things like MySpace.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

#dammitbrent

WhiteCrow Guest

It is if you're writing something on there, and it all comes out as a single paragraph.

HELLO - I do know how to use paragraphs.

One of my hates are people who don't know how to hit return twice occasionally, and you see these posts which go on and on, and they're just one massive uber-paragraph. I probably use too many in contrast - perhaps it's a yin-yang balancing effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Hmmm...... the idea of using a new browser is a bit scary to us non-techie types, but i use that site quite a lot, & if they don't fix the problem, i might be tempted to give it a try.
    Is it possible to do that, or do i have to have either one or the other? If i installed Firefox & didn't like it, Would IE still be there, or would i have to re-install it?
    Dunno why this has happened with that website all of a sudden. I've been using it for ages, & it's been fine up until this week.
    You know, the easiest way would be to just go to windows update (use the custom update) & update to IE7. Seeing as you have a nice new PC.

Wayne Guest

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    Is IE7 much different to 6, Tim?

I'm set in my ways, & don't like change.

It works in exactly the same way. There really isn't much change but it is more secure.

Wayne Guest

Sounds a good option for me then. (If i can be arsed) Ta.