Default Scoring With Jack's Team

There was a recent BBC press release that claimed:
    the high-octane sci-fi thriller follows a team of modern day investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime, both alien and human.
    Now, that's not quite the series I've been watching. How many crimes have they actually solved? I thought it might be useful to have a tally of the number of times certain things occur, so that we can pin down what kind of a series Torchwood really is.

So to get us started, two questions. In the episodes so far, how many crimes have been solved and how many pieces of alien technology have they used to help them solve those crimes?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Good question(s) - I suppose there have been a lot of crimes, haven't there? Murder in the first episode, sex-based murders/attacks in the second, 40-year old murder in the third, and so on... but solved with alien tech? The first one was solved by Gwen's good old-fashioned police work, the second the same (unless Jack's snog counts as alien tech'), the third was uncovered I suppose by the use of alien tech... I think in general the alien tech' has been the cause of more trouble than it's solved!

There's only been no crimes solved because our government have been too shortsighted to make "death by sex with alien cloud" illegal.

Si.

They used Owens whibbly portable alien forcefield thing to catch sex gas girl.

Hmm - so that's one occassion. We could probably count using the Death Star laser to blow up the Sycorax at the end of Christmas Invasion too!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Ressurection Glove solved the crimes in 'They keep killing Suzie' true it caused more trouble, but it did actually find out who killed the people.

Everything Changes:
    There were murders being comitted and Torchwood used their analysis of alien artifacts to find out who was responsible. I'd give this a tick!

Day One
    Still keeping to the premise - although they didn't so much solve a crime as track down an alien monster. An alien-sex-gas-orgasm-exploding-vampire monster. They even used alien tech!

Ghost Machine
    There was an attempted mugging in this story, but Torchwood were comitting it, when they tried to retrieve the alien artifact. They did solve an old mystery murder, however. So far, three with full points!

Cyberwoman
    I suppose Ianto was harbouring a dangerous fugitive. They used guns to defeat her in the end.

Small Worlds
    Hmm - fairy vandals? It was a PJ Hammond story, so they didn't solve the crime but they did stop it.

Countrycide
    A crime solved, but no alien tech used

Greeks Bearing Gifts
    Alien tech used and I suppose the space alien lesbo was a criminal. Full marks!

They Keep Killing Suzie
    They used the Gauntlett again to solve crime, but the focus of the episode was something else entirely.

Random Shoes
    No crime was committed in this story, apart from fraudulent EBay activity *yawn*. Torchwood didn't use any alien tech either, though Eugene did.

So that's a pretty conclusive argument in the defence! I'd be wrong about that then Though I'll be keeping an eye on future episodes!

How much sex and swearing have we had?

Trudi G Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    How much sex and swearing have we had?
    Definitely not enough of that!