Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Terileptil View Post
    Sarah Jane is Helped by the Nice Policeman.
    (That's a two-parter.)
    In part two, the nice policeman's hand falls off and he blows her head off. It also involves daffodils. Because daffodils are nice.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

When I said that was a two-parter, I meant that it was a two-parter with the story above it.

So you actually meant a four-parter.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    So you actually meant a four-parter.
    I believe he's thinking in terms of how they title the Doctor Who two-parters as in Army of Ghosts is part 1, Doomsday is part 2, and perhaps forgetting that all SJA stories are already two parters with "...part 1" and "...part 2" behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I believe he's thinking in terms of how they title the Doctor Who two-parters as in Army of Ghosts is part 1, Doomsday is part 2, and perhaps forgetting that all SJA stories are already two parters with "...part 1" and "...part 2" behind them
    Oh, yeah, good point.

Sarah Jane Learns About Terminal Diseases.

October is the mooted date apparently folks. Or least it was in something I read somewhere today, but I can't remember where. Sorry.

This is my most useless post of the month.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Good news! I remembered where I saw it. It was the Doctor Who News page!

The BBC has confirmed that Series Three of The Sarah Jane Adventures will premiere in the UK during October. The exact start date is unknown but sources indicate that Thursday 15th is the most likely day.
    The information came in promotional literature issued by CBBC on Saturday.
    Sarah Jane and her gang, Clyde, Luke and Rani, are back on TV this autumn for brand new escapades. They'll be battling Judoon, Slitheen and Blathereen non-stop in what's set to be endless action and adventure. And watch out for a very special guest star this series!

Brand new series starts this October, only on CBBC.
    Si xx

I'd be surprised if it debuts as late as mid-October, as the series wouldn't finish before Christmas. Late September would just about squeeze it in though.

Pip Madeley Guest

Slitheen... AGAIN?

Can't wait for the Doctor episode, hope it's good.

Did you say Blathereen?

Then that's TWO references to The Monsters Inside in undeniably-canon media!

You know, it's a pity there's no emoticon for EPIC SMUGNESS.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

DWM confirm that the series will begin on Thursday 15th October with Prisoner of the Judoon episode one, with episode two following on Friday 16th October - there'll be a new story each week, two episodes per week. Just like the early 80s, Davison fans...

Also, it's been filmed in HD, so I'm sure if you have access to BBC HD you will enjoy it even more than ever!

Finally, Simon Callow and Miriam Margolyes (finally!) will lend their voices to the final story, The Gift.

Hmmm. Is this a good thing? The season will last half as long as usual. That old trick's been inflicted on Doctor Who fans a few times down the years. It's fine til the season ends and there's an 11 month gap til the next one.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I suppose they don't want it running over Christmas/New Year when it might get lost in the busy schedules. Doesn't bother me as I'll probably end up taping them all and watching them in one go...

I always find it bizarre when they spend months and thousands of pounds making a series, and then seem to want to "get it out of the way" as quickly as possible! If Christmas is the concern, why not hold it back until February? It's not like there's like there's going to be many more of them.

Sadly, it all seems to be about saving money in a recession hit industry at the moment. It's the second most creative and inventive show they've got! The right thing to do would be to make a Christmas Special, and use that to kick off the season which would then run in the new year.

There's a chance they've realised the second episodes are less popular though, and are trying to counteract the gap between them.

Si.

It might be about maximising ratings buy putting the next episode on the day after to get people watching the show... or is that my natural optimism? They always used to show Grange Hill twice a week and it never did any harm to that show.

Si xx

True, plus also they seem to show things a lot more frequently - so in a sense, once they've 'got it out of the way' with the premieres, they can re-run them over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post

Also, it's been filmed in HD, so I'm sure if you have access to BBC HD you will enjoy it even more than ever!
    I'm pleased about this for two reasons....it'll look great in HD, and also it'll mean I won't have to catch even a second of those gormless CBBC presenters!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Twice a week is the way to go - especailly as they're all two parters. In fact by waiting just 24 hours I could watch a whole story in one sitting!

HD - Twice a week - this is going to stuff our Skybox! Watch those percentages of remaining space tumble.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

There's a georgeous picture of the TARDIS in Sarah Jane's attic here

And the best news is - Lis has great hair again! Gone is that hideous bob/fringe look she sported for Series 2, and she now has a lovely wispy 'old woman who gives you jam' look.

Si.

Could this "Pantheon of Discord" be something to do with the Trickster?

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

SFX have news that events in the first story of season three of SJA will have a direct link into the events in the upcoming Doctor Who animated series, "Dreamland".

Great!

Now we'll have to watch 'Dreamland' as well. And I thought I might get away with it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

The BBC Press Office have released the official synopsis for The Wedding Of Sarah Jane Smith:

Episode one:

Sarah Jane has met Peter Dalton and wants him to become part of her life; perhaps he could become a father to Luke. But Clyde suspects that Peter is hiding a secret or two, especially when he and Rani find an empty house where Peter says his home should be.

The Doctor makes a spectacular return on the happiest day of Sarah Jane's life but a deadly trap is awaiting them all.

As the strands of a clever and careful plan come together, can even a Time Lord save Sarah Jane on the day of her arch-enemy's greatest triumph?

Episode two:

The Doctor joins the battle, as the power of the Pantheon Of Discord grows in strength, in the second and concluding part of this week's story, but a deadly trap is waiting for them all.

The Doctor makes a spectacular return on the happiest day of Sarah Jane's life, but is he too late to save both his old companion and Earth itself? As the strands of a clever and careful plan draw together, the two friends are separated across different time zones and must fight to save each other. For one, there's a terrible price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    There's a georgeous picture of the TARDIS in Sarah Jane's attic here

And the best news is - Lis has great hair again! Gone is that hideous bob/fringe look she sported for Series 2, and she now has a lovely wispy 'old woman who gives you jam' look.

Si.
    Judging by Tennant's hair, however, the Doctor has become the Blue Guardian.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!