Thread: Small McGanns

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Small McGanns

Spoilers ahoy for Blood of The Daleks in this weeks Radio Times!

This bit was paticularly interesting:

In the first of eight new dramas, taking Paul McGann's one-time TV movie Doctor up to the point where he regenerates into Christopher Eccleston, McGann is struggling not only to reawaken human memories of why Daleks should never be trusted but also has to deal wiht a mouthy new assistant mysteriously imposed on him by his fellow Time Lords.

Who will be the first to say: "OMFG WTF!?!?!?!? Eccleston WTF OMFG etc... "

Hmm, this seems a bit dubious.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I forgot about this! When's it on?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Seems unnecessary if you ask me- I like the fact that the Eighth Doctor has so many different existences and they don't all fit together.

I demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Loads of folk got excited on OG over the weekend, until John Ainsworth posted the following:

http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/sh...=100702&page=3

OK. I'm sorry if this disappoints anybody but I think it's important to put the facts straight. The new series of Eighth Doctor adventures that will be broadcast on BBC7 and subsequently released on CD by Big Finish do NOT lead up to the Doctor's regeneration in to his Ninth incarnation. Christopher Eccleston will NOT be appearing. The Time War is NOT mentioned or featured in any of the eight episodes.

I can't explain the piece in the Radio Times but I suspect it wasn't intended to be taken quite so literally. For 'leading up to his regeneration...' read 'set prior to his regeneration...'.

Although we haven't categorically stated it anywhere, Big Finish are working on the assumption that these new adventures are set after the time the Eighth Doctor has spent with Charley and C'rizz. However, there are plans to record further adventures with Charley and C'rizz.

John Ainsworth
    Big Finish Productions

Glad he cleared that up. They almost had a bit of excitement on their hands there.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I forgot about this! When's it on?
    Have i got to go out & buy a Radio Times?
    There's nothing about it on the Radio Times website, or the BBC7 page!

They start December 31st at 7pm Wayne.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Thanks Si! Although it's 'Jane Eyre' according to my 'Total TV Guide' at that time & date.
    I suppose the Radio Times must be right though!

Edited to remove post which really should a private message.

Please see the forum rules on illegal copies.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SiHart; 14th Dec 2006 at 10:20 PM.
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Glad he cleared that up. They almost had a bit of excitement on their hands there.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Thanks Si! Although it's 'Jane Eyre' according to my 'Total TV Guide' at that time & date.
    I suppose the Radio Times must be right though!
    Jonno tells me it's on at 6pm.
    Anyway, i've decided to get the CD's for this one, because i've got 2 gigs on New Years Eve, one in the afternoon & one at night, so i won't have time for a sh*t, shave or haircut.
    Besides, the CD's are only 7.25 on Amazon.
    Last edited by Wayne; 20th Dec 2006 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Loads of folk got excited on OG over the weekend...
    Did anyone think it was "cool" news?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Does Wayne know subscribers get these extra cheap direct from BF? I've signed up!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Does Wayne know subscribers get these extra cheap direct from BF? I've signed up!

Si.
    Yeah, i remember from the old thread thanks Si. I'm just not sure i can be arsed with them. It's only because of my Dalek fetish that i'm interested in this particular story.

"Blood of the Daleks (Part1)" came the other day!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Default Blood of the Daleks (may contain spoilers)

Sun 31 Dec @ 18:00-18:50
    Doctor Who - Blood of the Daleks
    The Time Lord has plenty to deal with as an intruder appears in the TARDIS and the Daleks prepare to blight a damaged world. Episode 1 of 2. [Rptd Mon 12.00am].
    I'm really looking forward to this one actually, with Nick Briggs in charge I hope it's a goodie

Download the trailer here.

I'm going to ask them to stick it on the telly when I'm in the pub!

Pip Madeley Guest

Started drinking this early, have we?

I'm sure they'll let me watch/listen to BBC7 on the big screen.

Pip Madeley Guest

If Sheridan Smith could actually be seen, you'd have no problems...

I'm looking forward to it too - not long to go now!!

Hmm. It was certainly good, but it hardly struck me as a "Raise your game for BBC7 effort" that we hoped for.

Perhaps I'll like the later stories more as the characters develop. Here's hoping!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'll be listening to mine next week. Should get "Year of the Pig" out the way first though. It's like having "The Green Death" to watch but having to trawl through "Planet of the Daleks" first

Si.

I missed it at 6, but just listened to it a short while ago on t'internet. Since the rest of the season (except the finale) is self-contained episodes, I'm hoping they might impress that bit more - tonight's somehow felt too slow, as if they knew what the cliffhanger was going to be, and just needed to ensure the episode was padded out enough for that moment to come when it did. Certainly, you could easily have condensed part one into half the time. Nevertheless, I did enjoy it - McGann was good, but I have to admit that Sheridan Smith (is that her name?) stole the show as Lucy, getting some good lines, and playing them just right. The only problem I had was that I couldn't always tell which of the two 'guest ladies' was which (and until the credits rolled I'd totally forgotten, and failed to notice, that one was Anita Dobson).

I think the verdict is that it was... OK.

Edited to Add: Having moaned during the past year that some of the self-contained TV episodes felt too rushed, the irony of criticising "Blood..." part 1 for being too slow is not lost on me!
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 31st Dec 2006 at 10:56 PM.

I missed it at 6 so had to stay up to listen to it now. I really enjoyed it - I didn't find it slow and despite some fairly cliched plot 'twists' I thought it beetled along quite nicely. And some lovely 'Power of the Daleks' type Dalek dialogue
    Lucy I was less keen on, but like any new companion hopefully she'll settle in on me as time goes on (though we need to drop the 'Whatever' ). Still, there was no heart / stomach churning pauses as we wondered about her Northern family or any pets she might have had
    Bazinga !