Thread: Bodies, anyone?

Default Bodies, anyone?

The first series of this medical drama featuring waaaaaaaay too realistic birthing moments really gripped me, Max Beesley acted his little socks off, Keith Allen was deliciously smug and self satisfied, and Patrick "Bloke from the Office who everyone liked" Baladii (sp?) turned in a great performance too as the incompetent Doctor who everyone should get sacked...

Series 2 was a bit too samey, with the same themes being explored but it didn't seem to go any further, whilst last night's one off Christmas special on BBC3 was supposed to wrap up all the loose ends.

And in a way, it did, but I've got to say the ending annoyed me more than any ending ever has, ever, especially as this is the last installment.

So did anyone else watch this sometimes really special but sometimes really annoying series? And what did those who did think of the final ever episode that's annoyed me so?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've not seen last night's episode yet, but I've followed this series through and thought it pretty good.
    I'll comment further once I've seen it.

It's a fairly interesting episode...just very very frustrating...I won't say any more for fear of spoiling it though...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Well, having now watched it I can see why you thought it was frustrating.
    At least we got some closure, the Hurley story, at last he got his comeuppance, and what about Rob's illness, all we get is him opening the letter at the end of the show, a slight half smile on his face and then................
    Not a bad special, at least the BEEB saw fit to do this, it appeased it's fans to some extent I think, but it didn't quite have the feel, the tension of the earlier series (now out on DVD I see) but nice to get and ending.

I thought they handled it quite cleverly, making us feel sympathetic towards Hurley, and making him more self aware, I can imagine if someone only saw this one episode, they'd think Rob would be being ridiculously harsh. But yeah, I'm glad the Beeb did this, and that finally we did closure on the Hurley storyline - and Polly and Tony too, however messed up and twisted Tony may be, Keith Allen played him with such charm that you couldn't help but like him!

and what about Rob's illness, all we get is him opening the letter at the end of the show, a slight half smile on his face and then................
    And well, yeah, that's the bit which annoyed me so! I couldn't quite work out what Beesley was trying to express in that scene, and what Rob's outcome would be...I guess we'll never know though, unless the writer ever decides to talk about it...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."