Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We'll let you know!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
    In a similar theme ...

In line with the recent audio adventure, I'd fancy penning Doctor Who on the Planet of the Care Bears or Smurfs. I don't know which.

Then the Daleks invade.

And there is lots of carnage.

But will the Care Bears/Smurfs love for each other overcome the hatred of the Daleks?

Nope ...

Actually isn't there an advert somewhere of the Smurfs being bombed? Produced by the UN no less ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4334086.stm

Oh the Smurf-manity!!!

Now I feel bad for snorting with laughter at that pic.....

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaT View Post
    Now I feel bad for snorting with laughter at that pic.....
    I remember posting about that news item, but I don't think it was here, probably ww.com

I think it's a really crap advert. It should have a really serious message. But alas, there is a real current of Smurf hatred out there, I've read all kinds of sick fiction about creating a kind of Smurf holocaust, and it's really kind of funny. But it shouldn't be.

I mean listen to the Smurf Dance lyrics ...

"Where are you all coming from
    From Smurf land where we belong"

It's obvious they're a metaphor for immigrants, so hating them is like joining the BNP. They even have different coloured skin.

But then again ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_Smurf#In_pop_culture

Some people see him as caricature of Karl Marx and likened him to a generic communist leader.
    This is true. He runs the Smurf kingdom as absolute ruler, and his dominion is unchallenged, making really any Smurfs we see asylum seekers.

Story is now available to download!

http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/creati...iritsindex.php

Right Click and 'Save Target As...' to save the parts to your computer, then listen away!

Merry Christmas!

Si.
    Last edited by Pip Madeley; 24th Dec 2008 at 7:09 PM. Reason: To add story page

Pip Madeley Guest

Yay! Downloading now

Ooh! It's ever so good so far!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Brilliant! Jason was sooooooooooooo evil!!!

We really enjoyed that. A lovely Christmas treat!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I've got mine! (Thanks Si)
    I'm gonna listen to the CD on the train on the way to my folks for xmas.
    Laters.

I thought it was absolutely superb.
    Considering the circumstances around its creation, the fact that it's turned out to be one of the very best plays we've ever produced is wonderful.

I'd like to say thanks to Si for his hard work in getting it ready for its debut on time and for some, yet again, superb sound design. It sounded wonderful and really felt like a calssic Victorian Christmas!

Great performances too, and Jason, especially, stole the show. I won't say too much before everyone hears it, as there's lots of surprises ahead for the listeners, but I thought it was great. As was Emma, who created a sympathetic and lovely character.

Wonderful!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It'll be interesting to see when people get the CD, if you want to share! I posted them about a week ago knowing the Christmas post - but as Martin got his yesterday and it looks like Wayne did too, I seem to have timed it quite nicely!

Si.

I'd like to say thanks to Si for his hard work in getting it ready for its debut on time and for some, yet again, superb sound design. It sounded wonderful and really felt like a calssic Victorian Christmas!
    Thanks Si!

Again, nobody except me had heard this before it got duplicated 25 times and sent out, so I've lived in mortal fear that it's either not very good or I've left a cough in the middle or something... so I'm very pleased and relieved that you like it!

Si.

I got my copy yesterday, and listened to it within minutes of getting in from work. I don't feel the slightest bit odd saying how great I thought it was, as although it was myself who wrote it, it was the great performances, especially of Emma, Jason and Andrew, who brought it to life and made it sound ever so magical. And another big up for Si, who gave the story some excellent incidentals. Thank you all for making my first PS Audio offering such a great success.

I have downloaded it and I will listen to it later, I have not recieved the CD yet I will let you know when I do.

I've only just got in & discovered I had a new CD to listen to, which arrived this morning. Cheers, Si.

I will listen to it later, may be in bed with the lights off.

I listened to mine last night (and listening to it in the dark rather added to the creepy atmosphere!). I thought it was a very different Christmas tale than last years, and rounded off the year's stories excellently. I also enjoyed this being a companionless story, not that I've anything against any of the companions, it just made a nice change - and I quite like the fact that the Doctor doesn't tell Nick and Rob what he's been up to at the end of the story.

I won't say too much yet, for fear of spoilers, but the performances were excellent. Andrew's Cottonwood was a great character, and a really heartfelt performance.
    Jason was excellent, he had the perfect voice and attitude for his character, and I hope we see him again.
    Emma was splendid as well, and I felt rather sorry for her character at the end.
    And Si Hunt was suitably scary as the Spirit of retribution, when he was alive, and when he was dead! It also took me a while to realise he was playing the chestnut seller at the start of the story, I thought it was Pip at first for some reason!
    And Alex's butler, though a small role, really stood out to me as well. I had flashbacks to Leckard when he told the Doctor he didn't like his tone.

The production was excellent as well, I think, in this story, you could really picture everything very clearly in your mind, and the nice touches like the carriages moving along and the creaking and spirit noises worked really well.
    Also, I was very impressed with the little flashback sequence, which I'm sure would be hard to do in audio, but worked brilliantly. (BITCH! HOAR!)

And as a minor thing, I smiled at the reference to the Golden Moon station.

I've just finished listening to this tale, and may I say I was very very impressed. The sounds, the music, the performances, everything in fact. You'd never think it was recorded in a little girl's bedroom by a bunch of amateurs....

Thanks also for the kind words regarding my own performance. I hope I shall be able to do more of these audios in future.

Pip Madeley Guest

You'd never think it was recorded in a little girl's bedroom by a bunch of amateurs....
    Speak for yourself!

I'm listening to it tomorrow afternoon - hope people like the cover.

I do indeed, Pip. Jason looks both dapper & menacing at the same time.
    Love the lit woods as well, very spooky.

I have just listened to it and all I can say is that it was the best Doctor Who story that I have listened to. The story was brilliantly written, the acting was fantastic and the production was just the best. Everyone involved should be very proud.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberchris35 View Post
    I have just listened to it and all I can say is that it was the best Doctor Who story that I have listened to. The story was brilliantly written, the acting was fantastic and the production was just the best. Everyone involved should be very proud.
    Wow, high praise indeed. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    I've just finished listening to this tale, and may I say I was very very impressed. The sounds, the music, the performances, everything in fact. You'd never think it was recorded in a little girl's bedroom by a bunch of amateurs....

Thanks also for the kind words regarding my own performance. I hope I shall be able to do more of these audios in future.
    Yup, we loved it. The extra work "behinds the scenes" of the music and background noise was very professionally done.

Samuel Godwin's voice was really scary! I noticed my accent slipped to my kentish roots on certain words, I hope no-one else does.

I'd love to do more audios though, I really enjoyed myself!

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it! I think it was worth the effort put in, and congratulations to Paul for writing it, and to all the people who put in such good performances! I hope it's a CD that is pulled out for many Christmasses to come!

Incidentally, due to the close timescales, we didn't get the chance to list the CD contents on the sleeve, but do keep listening after the main story for trailers, out-takes and the bonus story!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I listened to the story this afternoon in two parts (I had a nap in between, late night) and the word to describe it (the story, not the nap) was EPIC. Congratulations to Paul for writing such a wonderful, chilling, memorable & dramatic story - the extended running time gave the story the right pace, very reminiscent of the classic series and the storyline itself was engaging and interesting. Losing Rob & Nick for the majority of the story was a good move, giving the Doctor the chance to shine and the guest characters more room for manoeuvre. The final showdown was superb (even I wasn't as bad as I'd feared ). Can't wait to hear Jason return one day....

As for the production, what a gorgeous opening sequence! Beautiful music, the sound effects added to it drew me in instantly. And I'm glad to say this perfect mix was to carry on for the rest of the production - I listened on my laptop speakers (with subwoofer) and felt like I was right in the middle of the action. Great choices for atmospheres & the echoes on the voices of the spirits. Was glad that some of the music I gave you came in handy Si, you used it expertly. And the familiar music on his 'arrival' was a great moment.

Performances - wonderful, all of them. I'm not going to point anyone out for special attention because everyone deserves equal praise. And the enthusiasm for the project shines through, even with the unexpected re-recording.

All this makes for possibly the finest PS Audio yet. Congrats to all. I'm looking forward to putting the cover on-line when I'm given the OK.

Thanks for your nice comments Pip, put the cover on-line whenever you like!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, for those who didn't order the CD:

Hope people like.