Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Really enjoyed listening to this. Special congrats to Jason, who was superb. Like a cross between Beevers & Jacobi!
    It's funny you should say that. At the time of the recording I thought he sounded like a cross between Beevers and Ainley.
    There's most certainly some Beevers in there (why does that sound rude)?

I've not had a chance to listen to this yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I've actually managed to get myself up-to-date with the PS Audios (I heard 'Many Happy Returns' just yesterday).
    So it's just Christmas Spirits to go.

I finally listened to it yesterday - I didn't want to just squeeze it in over the Christmas, but had been itching to hear it since last weekend. I'm glad to see from this thread that it's gone down so well because I really enjoyed it.

Like Ant, I knew the Master was coming back but it didn't detract from the excitement at all - in fact, wondering exactly how he had ended up as he was, and just how the big reveal was going to be played, added to the joy of it for me I think. Unlike Mike, I don't think I'd've guessed it was the Master just from listening; although Jason's voice sounds just a little like Geoffrey Beevers (and having never spoken to him I can't say whether that's how Jason always sounds, or whether he was doing it for the role) he makes the part his own. A little more clinical, certainly less raving, than the Master has sometimes been on TV - and I have to say, Jason's evil laugh was superb, utterly convincing (not something that can always be said of the TV show in fact).

Of the rest of the cast, I particularly enjoyed hearing Andrew & Alex again - both have very 'rich' and distinctive voices, and both put in really good performances. But all the cast gave their all, and it was an interesting change to have the Doctor almost alone, albeit with a 'guest' companion in Daniel.

Production-wise, the music was excellently chosen (I especially liked the festive version of the opening title music - where does Si find these things?!) and the 'soundscape' really did help conjure up a snowy Victorian London. The crunch of snow, the clatter of hooves, it was very evocative indeed. The flashback to Amelia's death was well done too, with the 'actual' voices faded below the voiceover.

It was another change of style for the PS audios, with Paul (C) giving us a darker play than usual - variety is the spice of life, as they say, and the regular 'don't know what you're going to get next' feel of the PS audios is one of the joys. If I had to make any criticism, there were a few lines of dialogue which seemed a bit clunky and overly-wordy, but none of that detracted from my enjoyment of the story.

Another great job guys & gals, really enjoyed it!

Oh! I knew there was something else - I rather liked the final confrontation between the Doctor & the Master, when it's just the two of them. It reminded me of the end of Survival, where after everyone's escaped from the planet & gone home, it boils down to just the Doctor and his enemy. I don't know whether that's deliberate or a coincidence (the latter I suspect) but I enjoyed the scene either way!!

Thanks for your positive comments Andrew, glad you enjoyed it!

Like Ant, I knew the Master was coming back
    Out of interest, how did you know?

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

I'm sure someone had mentioned ages ago ... or maybe "blabbed" is a better word - that there were plans to do a Master story!

Out of interest, how did you know?
    There was an ongoing thread discussing future audios on the Admin board in which it was mentioned, Si - I didn't tell anybody though, honest!!

Ah, that's ok then! Show's you how far in advance we plan these things, that must have been more than 6 months ago at least!

Si.

I only knew due to being there on the day, that's the downside sometimes of being in the recordings, but well, being a part of it more than makes up for that.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I forgot to mention earlier, but I really liked the mini preview of PS Audio's for 2009 - especially as it seems that Tor Garane is back - I just hope it wasn't too much of a strain on poor Martin's vocal chords!
    If I tried it at the moment with my sore throat, I imagine it would kill me! But I do quite enjoy doing the voice, I even slip into it accidentally sometimes in public.

I really liked the preview as well, and look forward to the story where Alex is apparently playing the Doctor!

and look forward to the story where Alex is apparently playing the Doctor
    Thank goodness you said that Martin - I listened to it and was sure that it was Alex's voice, but thought I was must just be getting mixed up!

That's from next years season finale, but it's part of a plot strand we'll be foreshadowing throughout the season...

Si.

Look out for the campest villain ever in that one!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You two are sounding like RTD now!

I'd better quickly add that I mean that in a good way!

Hahaha! How Marvellous!

Si xx

Si's most recent post contains the words 'How' 'Hahaha' and 'Marvellous'...

Si's most recent post contains the words 'How' 'Hahaha' and 'Marvellous'...
    ...and contains the phrase 'Hahaha! How Marvellous!'
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I only knew due to being there on the day, that's the downside sometimes of being in the recordings, but well, being a part of it more than makes up for that.
    Heaven forbid you read the script before recording your lines.....

Well, I read my own lines, but not anyone else's so that it remains a bit of a surprise!

Anyway, I do know most of the big plot twists before they happen due to The Doctor...I knew keeping a copy of that sexy video we made together when we were 18 would come in handy one day!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

The Sexed Doctor?

OH MY!

Si xx