Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

It could be, but if it is then they had better do a good job of it or there'll be trouble!

here we go again, with what we KNOW about Series 3 so far...

Episode 1: Smith & Jones
    written by Russell T. Davies, directed by Charles Palmer
    introduces Freema Agyeman as Martha Jones
    guest-stars: Anne Reid as Florence and Roy Marsden as Mr Stoker
    features the Judoon, and a hospital that gets transported to the moon (Tennant in new blue suit)

Episode 2: The Shakespeare Code
    written by Gareth Roberts, directed by Charles Palmer
    guest-stars: Dean Lennox Kelly as William Shakespeare, as well as Christina Cole, Jalaal Hartley and Sam Marks
    set in 1599, the Doctor and Martha encounter Shakespeare, and must put a stop to the plans of the Plasmavores

Episode 3
    written by Russell T. Davies, directed by Richard Clarke
    guest-stars: Ardal O'Hanlon as Thomas Kincade Brannigan and Jennifer Hennessy as Valerie
    set on New Earth, featuring the Face of Boe with cat nun species

Episodes 4 & 5: Daleks in Manhattan/TBA
    written by Helen Raynor, directed by James Strong
    guest-stars: Ryan Carnes, Miranda Raison, Hugh Quarshie, Andrew Garfield, Eric Loren, Flik Swann, Alexis Caley, Earl Perkins, Peter Brooke, Ian Porter
    set in New York in the 1930s, featuring Dalek Sec and 'art deco' Daleks

Episode 6: The Lazarus Experiment
    written by Stephen Greenhorn, directed by Richard Clarke
    guest-stars: Mark Gatiss as Professor Lazarus and Thelma Barlow as Lady Thaw

Episode 7: 42
    written by Chris Chibnall, directed by Graeme Harper
    guest-stars: Michelle Collins as McDonnell, William Ash as Riley, Anthony Flanagan as Scannell, Matthew Chambers as Lerner, Gary Powell as Ashton and Rebecca Oldfield as Erina

Episodes 8 & 9: TBA/The Family of Blood
    written by Paul Cornell, directed by Charles Palmer
    guest-stars: Jessica Stevenson as Joan Redfearn, Harry Lloyd as Jeremy Bains, Thomas Sangster as Tim Latimer, Tom Palmer as Hutchinson, Pip Torrens as Rocastle, Rebekah Staton as Jenny, Gerard Horan as Clark, Lauren Wilson as Lucy Cartwright and Mathew White as Phillips
    set in pre-war 1913, the Doctor gives up Time Lord status to experience life as a human - based on the NA novel Human Nature

Episode 10
    written by Steven Moffat, directed by Hettie MacDonald
    guest-stars: Carey Mulligan, Lucy Gaskell, Michael Obiora, Finlay Robertson, Ian Boldsworth and Richard Cant

Episode 11: Utopia
    written by Russell T. Davies, directed by Graeme Harper
    guest-stars: John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, and also Rene Zagger, Chipo Chung, Neil Redman, Paul Marc Davis and the winner of the Blue Beter competition

Episodes 12 & 13
    written by Russell T. Davies, directed by Colin Teague
    guest-stars: John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

The Macra rumoured to be in episode 3-based on the set reports of giant crabs-and RTD's comments about their being one returning monster from classic who that will surprise everyone!

This is the best rumour ever if it turns out true-the macra terror is a sublime story!

Series Three starts in March... according to the David Tennant interview in TV Times. A few other spoilers as well, but most of them have already been posted.

Daily Mirror source claims that Michelle Collins "plays McConnell - a tough woman fighting for her life in the far future."

Isn't that a quote from the new DWM about Collins?

Quote Originally Posted by Raston View Post
    The Macra rumoured to be in episode 3-based on the set reports of giant crabs-and RTD's comments about their being one returning monster from classic who that will surprise everyone!

This is the best rumour ever if it turns out true-the macra terror is a sublime story!
    certainly be an interesting if unusual one to bring back as the majority of Doctor Who fans probably would not even know it was a returning monster as first glance cos i know i wouldn't.

Pip Madeley Guest

TV Times confirms a March start. So we're looking at the last weekend of March, woo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    TV Times confirms a March start. So we're looking at the last weekend of March, woo
    definitely better than having to wate untill nearly the end of April..

It would also fit in with the current BBC3 repeats of S2 - with double bills beginning this Friday night, that would take us to Army of Ghosts on 16th March, with Doomsday presumably on the 23rd (or even as a triple bill on the 16th).

The Six Nations finishes on the weekend of the 17th/18th, and the DWM on sale 1st March includes the preview of the first episode of S3, fitting in nicely on Sat 24th before the following issue on the 29th...

I've read a rumour elsewhere that the series kicks off with a double-bill. If true, that would give us a big "event" episode for Easter - however, it would make for awkward scheduling for Confidential on BBC3 on the opening night...
    Last edited by Jonno; 7th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM.

Couldn't they just stick a Confidential double-bill (or 60 minute special) on at 8:30pm?

I've missed something really obvious, haven't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    It would also fit in with the current BBC3 repeats of S2 - with double bills beginning this Friday night, that would take us to Army of Ghosts on 16th March, with Doomsday presumably on the 23rd (or even as a triple bill on the 16th).

The Six Nations finishes on the weekend of the 17th/18th, and the DWM on sale 1st March includes the preview of the first episode of S3, fitting in nicely on Sat 24th before the following issue on the 29th...

I've read a rumour elsewhere that the series kicks off with a double-bill. If true, that would give us a big "event" episode for Easter - however, it would make for awkward scheduling for Confidential on BBC3 on the opening night...
    not sure I like the sound of that I realise the new series has been such a huge success but two episodes one after the other on the same night might that not just be pushing it a bit to far..

They could always do what they've done with the likes of Casualty and Spooks season openers and do episodes on consecutive nights...

But then the Sunday night episode would get spanked by ITV1's invincible granny friendly lineup of Emmerdale, Corrie and The Royal.

They seem to have worked out what "42" is all about over on OG... based on a few newspaper interviews. It sounds spaceoperatastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    But then the Sunday night episode would get spanked by ITV1's invincible granny friendly lineup of Emmerdale, Corrie and The Royal.

They seem to have worked out what "42" is all about over on OG... based on a few newspaper interviews. It sounds spaceoperatastic!!
    well i'm still non the wiser and I intend keeping it that way.

Pip Madeley Guest

Why are you posting on a spoiler thread then?

Pip Madeley Guest

The news we all kinda guessed:

John Simm is the Master

http://news.independent.co.uk/people...cle2258800.ece

"he's just been cast in Dr Who - as the Master, the Doctor's evil nemesis"

heard about this rumour a few weeks back in The Sun..

yes, but this is confirmation.

Ant x

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

Where did that confirmation come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Where did that confirmation come from?
    well there dose not seem to be anything about it on the official BBC site ..

as I remember, that article pretty much featured confirmation from John Simm himself (the article is now unviewable)

Ant x

----

Ah, but The Independent might've got their info from The Sun's earlier effort. I don't think I've seen any quotes from Simm yet. It wasn't even mentioned when he appeared on Breakast this morning.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Ah, but The Independent might've got their info from The Sun's earlier effort. I don't think I've seen any quotes from Simm yet. It wasn't even mentioned when he appeared on Breakast this morning.
    Your spiritual home has reported he was interviewed on BBC6Music this afternoon, and said:

"It's all speculation and all rumour at this point - I think it's just journalists getting a little bit over-excited," was Simm's reply. Asked whether he would consider the role were it to be offered, Simm replied "I don't know", agreeing with Nemone that this was basically a "no comment".

So who knows. He didn't firmly deny it though...

More casting news in The Sun:

LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...070369,00.html

Posted this morning by Mark Campbell on OG:

Season 3 finale + John Simm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young actor I did a student film with last year emailed to say he'd been cast in the S3 finale, playing a teenager who is rescued by Martha. He also confirms the rumour, if confirmation is needed, that John Simm is indeed playing the Master.

Original post also named the "young actor" before it was edited.