WhiteCrow Guest

Default Internet ... or sex ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10548331

Many women would rather surf the net than have sex, according to an Intel-sponsored survey.

The Internet Reliance in Today's Economy survey of 2119 people aged 18-plus, said that 65 per cent of adults admitted they can't live without the internet.

According to the survey, conducted by Harris Interactive, nearly half of women (46 per cent) and 30 per cent of men would rather go without sex for a fortnight than give up internet access.

For women aged 18-34 it was 49 per cent and for women aged 35-44 it was 52 per cent. Only 39 per cent of guys aged 18-34 would swap the bedroom for the broadband.

Television also copped a beating in the survey with well over half the respondents preferring to give up two weeks of telly than a single week of web access.

Internet availability of many movies and TV shows likely skewed the result, which showed 61 per cent of adult women would happily switch off the box.

And nine out of 10 US adults (91 per cent) report that their lives are better because of the internet, taking into account better contact with friends and family, shopping and financial management like online banking.

There's a lot to be said for a good ol' hard drive...

If you know the right websites, you can have the best of both worlds...

My missus would rather have both...not at the same time I might add.

What a pathetic piece of journalistic hyperbole. Seriously - how do...

"Many women would rather surf the net than have sex, according to an Intel-sponsored survey."

...and...

"According to the survey, conducted by Harris Interactive, nearly half of women (46 per cent) ... would rather go without sex for a fortnight than give up internet access."

...mean the same thing?

I would rather have a shag than a cup of coffee but I'd rather go without sex for a fortnight than go without caffeine. They are two entirely different things. Of those 46% I'm sure most would rather have sex at any given moment and then Twitter about how shit he was than spend two weeks blogging about how their boyfriend doesn't understand them and is probably a bastard.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    I would rather have a shag than a cup of coffee but I'd rather go without sex for a fortnight than go without caffeine.
    So does that mean if I now ask you if you want a cup of coffee, I'm propositioning you???