Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trudi G Guest

Default What The Hell Have You Been Doing??

We went to see 'Happy Feet' today, and i was pleasantly surprised in that it didn't bore me to tears and it actually had an ecological message in it!
    After we went to McDonalds and then to see Santa. While we were waiting Christian pointed out that the snow was made of foam and the roof on Santa's grotto was cardboard and said he hoped it wasn't just gonna be 'one of those ones that says 'Hello, whats your name, what do you want for Christmas, goodbye'' Santa's, and luckily the Santa was quite nice, and we even got something Christian liked (a tin of marbles) for our 3.50.
    When we went he said 'well at least that Santa wasn't totally lame' lol!
    Not a bad day all in all.

Pip Madeley Guest

The children of the future eh. So cynical.

I've been at work. A long and tiring day.

me I've just had a relaxing day watching the football and one of my Yes Prime-Minister DVD's and wrapped up a couple more pressies before having to cook dinner -

My Son plays football and we watched his game today. He plays for Thamesmead Town FC in the Under 11's "A" team. They play in the Bexley League "A" Division. They won the league and cup double last season but having made the step up to 11 a side this season they have found it to be a very different game. They are currently lying third in the league and won their first round Bexley Cup game 3-2 (aet) today. Connor (my son) has recently been moved into the right-back position after playing the last three years as striker and although I am biased, he is fitting in there very well indeed.

Come on Thamesmead!
    Last edited by duncan; 17th Dec 2006 at 9:16 PM.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Trudi G Guest

We made flapjacks, played cards, Christian played on Tetris, Pong and Space Invaders on the computer. Then i took him to the park for an hour and a half and froze my arse off. Then we had dinner, watched Who and Torchwood and then blew up some balloons and hung them up.....now i'm on here...

Pip Madeley Guest

An average day for Trudi.

I was at work. Again. Extra hours. It'll all be worth it on payday.

spent a fantastic afternoon watching West Ham beat Manchester Utd..

I made mince pies and jam tarts last night, so I'm giving them out at work today. I've asked for a charitable contribution per baked delight, so I might end up sending a tenner to Cancer Research by the end of the day as well!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I made mince pies and jam tarts last night, so I'm giving them out at work today. I've asked for a charitable contribution per baked delight, so I might end up sending a tenner to Cancer Research by the end of the day as well!

Si.
    A lovely gesture, Si

Trudi G Guest

I've been out to Argos to buy a new kettle, cos mine gave up working yesterday, and recording 'Soap' clips.

I've been at the post office, which is like a crazy lunatic asylum at the moment, posting off ebay items.

It took me about 5 minutes, but everyone behind me was staring at me like I was the anti-christ.

I'm going back later with even more items!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've been at the post office, which is like a crazy lunatic asylum at the moment,
    I've got that pleasure to come this afternoon, 'coz i didn't get up early enough to do it on Saturday morning.
    Then again i might just buy some stamps from Smiths & post them myself to save myself the time & hassle, even if it means overpricing them slightly.

Trudi G Guest

I'm not going near the supermarket later than 10am, they're like ravenous locusts in there!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trudi G View Post
    I'm not going near the supermarket later than 10am, they're like ravenous locusts in there!
    I've got that to do as well!
    I was going to visit my mate in Mansfield today, but he's texted me to say he's ill & not feeling up to it, So it's the usual lazy week day for me.
    At least i'm spared having to listen to the latest BF CD on the bus.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get my revenge on the Post Office and its customers for a year of pension-day queues and refusing to give me my car tax because I brought it in too early (!) by posting off 26 Blakes 7 videos on the last postal day before Christmas. Hurrah!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Right, i'm off to post things to Chez Hunt & Tate before the screws put me in solitary.

Someone's been watching WAY too much "Prisoner: Cell Block H".

Si.

Wayne Guest

Fair go mate. If vinegar tits puts me in the pound with Queen Bea, i'll never be able to sneak those parcels in!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm going to spend the day trying to find my Fast Show/Likely Lads DVDs which I've lost in the house...

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I'm going to spend the day trying to find my Fast Show/Likely Lads DVDs which I've lost in the house...
    Good luck pet. Thelma will be pleased.

Wayne Guest

I braved both the queues at Tesco & the Post Office, in the end.
    The queue at the Post Office was evil, but at Tesco's was surprisingly reasonable.
    Still, my duties are more or less all discharged now, until next year.

I've been at work. I'm wearing my santa hat and getting ready for the Christmas storytime this afternoon at 2.30... Will any kids turn up? Who knows.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Loads of washing, & trying to get some clothes dried on the radiators.

Pip Madeley Guest

You'd think those thongs would be really quick to dry, wouldn't you...

Wayne Guest

Hey, i've lost 3 stone in weight, My boxers make me look like Stanley Matthews.