Default Is it time for a new logo?

With a new era of Doctor Who on the way in 2010 and having had 5 years with the Taxi cab lozenge logo do you think the time is now or never to change the Doctor Who logo?

If so what do you think it should be like? Feel free to knock one up in photoshop or you can just describe it.

Or will all the merchandise with the current logo prevent them ever changing it?

Good question! In the old days they seemed to change the logo more or less as the fancy took them, and I don't suppose the merchandising was really that much of an issue. Nowadays... I would think that unless Steven Moffat actually really loathes the current logo, it'll stay. It might well stay as part of an entirely new title sequence though.

A slight modification of the existing logo would probably be fine... They don't need a Logo Overhaul, merely a Logo Polish.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Brendan, stop honking!

Perhaps they could keep the logo but change the colour scheme. The blue Confidential scheme has always looked better I think.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yes! At least change the title sequence (imagine the thrill if the first new episode in 2010 began and Smith's face zoomed towards us!). The old one will have been with us for five long years and is long overdue a change.

Si.

I think the logo and theme song opening is fine as it is, although i think maybe with a new production era should come a change.

not only that, but they should change the whole "exploding regeneration" thing. it was a lot more interesting and fitting,i think, when the Doctor would have a unique regeneration between each incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    imagine the thrill if the first new episode in 2010 began and Smith's face zoomed towards us!
    I think, with that face, there would be too many nightmares amongst the under 5s

Eye of the beholder and all that? He might think you're minging.

Si.

I agree, a tweak would be all that is needed. More than that seems a bit too much - we'll have enough change with the actor so we'll need some elements of continuity.

And as for the main title sequence, I still think it's the best the show's ever had - always gets me excited for the main event, even if it is a ropey historical story that follows!
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

I really think that if they're going to redo the logo, they might as well redo the entire sequence. The lozenge is the only shape that really "works" in the "vortex" titles.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Funny you say that. I alwasy thought a very long and thin logo coming spinning out of a circular tunnel looked a little odd myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Funny you say that. I alwasy thought a very long and thin logo coming spinning out of a circular tunnel looked a little odd myself.
    Yes, I think a circular logo coming out of a circular tunnel would look much better!

Mind you, we've had a diamond logo coming out of a tunnel that starts off being the shape of Tom Baker's head, then goes a bit diamondy* and then becomes circular!!!

*(c) Andrew Clancy Dictionaries Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Yes! At least change the title sequence (
    Si.

agreed, not sure we need to change the logo but a completley different title sequence would be good they did it after a couple of seasons of Stargate SG1 so I see no reason why they can't do it with Doctor Who.