Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Ah well.

If you ask me in this story, the Doctor has got a bloody cheek. "Excuse me, do you keep honey here?" he asks Goronwry. Nice of him to be so polite, especially when what he really means is "Excuse me, can I use your house as a trap, have all the windows shot in, and totally destroy the shed full of honey which you've been carefully assembling over the last 30 years?"

Si.

Suddenly, the notion of seeing a feature-film of the Time War is made more appealing - the image of a crack team of Chronotis, Garonwy, and Drax leading the assault on Dalek HQ is irrestible.

As for the credits... without the RT forum I suspect these mistakes may not get picked over quite so much, but I think by now they should just give up remaking the titles (why do they bother anyway?!) and leave them as is. They might not look pristine but at least they'd be bloody right!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Suddenly, the notion of seeing a feature-film of the Time War is made more appealing - the image of a crack team of Chronotis, Garonwy, and Drax leading the assault on Dalek HQ is irrestible.
    Don't forget Azmael, Kelner, Engin and Spandrell single-handedly defending Gallifrey from the Deathsmiths of Goth!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    So does that mean the Doctor's not the last Time Lord, and there's actually a 900-year-old welshman pottering around tending to bees somewhere in Wales?

Perhaps Goronwry was "called up" in the Time War. Ditto Professor Chronotis, and both were killed.

His TARDIS could have been a beehive.
    Not likely for Professor Chronotis as he was living in hiding, and the Time Lords didn't know of him. As Garonwy may also have been, if you go along with the theory.

Although I tend to view the whole concept of the Time War as a load of boring old toot anyway, so tend not to think about it much.
    Last edited by Logo Polish; 21st Jun 2009 at 8:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

As for the credits... without the RT forum I suspect these mistakes may not get picked over quite so much, but I think by now they should just give up remaking the titles (why do they bother anyway?!) and leave them as is. They might not look pristine but at least they'd be bloody right!
    They remake the titles even for Sylvester McCoy stories?!?! I'm glad I don't bother buying these things

well I think I must be going mad I've just been to Sainsbury and decided to buy this release..

I know what you mean Larry - I feel the same about owning cack like "Pyramids of Mars" and "Planet of Evil"

Si.

I do have a confesion to make for years I have honestly thought this was actualy called Delta and the Bannanamen...

Ah, Bananman! Always ready for the call to action. Now that would have been a three parter that would have sunk the show like a banana coloured torpedo.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

When it was on back in 1987 and I saw the title for the first time when the first episode was on I thought it said "Bananamen" too. I was only 6 though in my defence.

I remember on first broadcast, viewing from in my crib, and thinking it looked like a strange one.

Si.

I remember watching it and thinking part two was far inferior to Assassin at Peking.

I remember on first broadcast how scary the cliffhanger to part one was. It would be almost twenty years before I saw part two for the first time!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

You were a very timid child weren't you?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

He only came out of nappies last week.

I only came out last week.

Came out... but as what?

Well of ginger pop.

I saw him getting out of a dustbin. He was in there for Children In Need, naturally. I was in the bin next door, looking for gags - it's amazing what Barry Cryer throws out. It's frightening the sort of material he keeps!

Wayne Guest

Had to laugh at Hugh Lloyd's observation that JNT was one of the best pantomine producers he'd ever worked with.

My local Who DVD outlet, Borders, has recently stopped selling Doctor Who DVDs due to sales being, er, up the river without a paddle. (Or, more bluntly, crappy...) Ugh... Sometimes I wish I lived in the UK... Hopefully Barnes & Noble will carry it, as I really want a season 24 story.

If you can't find them in Borders, is it possible to pick them up via mail order? Or is that far more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Terileptil View Post
    My local Who DVD outlet, Borders, has recently stopped selling Doctor Who DVDs due to sales being, er, up the river without a paddle. (Or, more bluntly, crappy...)
    Seems totally understandable on this particular thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Seems totally understandable on this particular thread
    For most McCoy stories I would agree with Ralph, but I actually quite like this one...