Thread: The Stone Tape

Default The Stone Tape

Originally from the BBC in 1972-this is in many ways the perfect christmas ghost story.Boasting fine acting and strong original ideas I found this higly enjoyable.

Anyone else seen it?

Wayne Guest

After re-living the joys of Quatermass: The Conclusion, i got the dvd a couple of years ago, but i'm sorry to say that i was disappointed with it, & flogged it on eBay.
    I usually like Nigel Kneale stuff, buth this didn't do a lot for me. It was quite atmospheric at times, but ultimately i found it very ploddy with not much happening.

It has great atmosphere;my biggest complaint is that its too studio bound-enjoyable enough although not a dvd I will be keepin once I've listened to the Nigel Kneale commentary

I really enjoyed this one. The premise was very interesting and you're not sure what's actually causing the phenomenon until the end, and I'm not even sure that you really know at this stage even. The stories actually very creepy, and I prefer it to most of the stories that make up Nigel Kneale's Beasts collection.
    Last edited by Paul Clement; 18th Dec 2006 at 3:43 PM.