Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Managed to pick up the two re-issues today. Nice packaging, and the remastering on Southpaw (the only one I've had a chance to listen to) is very good indeed, but I don't think I'll ever get used to the new running order. Will post more thoughts when I've had a better listen.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Oh no!

Former Smiths singer Morrissey has been taken to hospital after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties.

Eyewitnesses said the 50-year-old fell to the floor during a performance of his former band's song This Charming Man at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.

Two of his current band's members took him off stage and an ambulance took him to Great Western Hospital, where his condition was described as "stable".

The singer has cancelled several dates this year because of illness.

'Reclusive character'

Jillian Moody, who was at the concert, said initially the crowd was not aware of how serious the singer's condition was.

"It was interesting because a lot of people around us had bought tickets for Morrissey concerts earlier in the year," she said.

"He has cancelled numerous concerts so they just thought that, you know, he had gone off but would be returning.

"I didn't think he looked particularly well but then again, he's sort of well known as a reclusive character so I sort of thought that was just the way he was when he was on stage.

"He kept putting his hand up to his mouth as if he felt sick or... perhaps he was trying to hide something, but he didn't look particularly comfortable."

'Conscious patient'

A Great Western Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "Just after 9pm we got a call to a 50-year-old who was reported to be suffering from respiratory problems and was unconscious.

"We sent a paramedic in a double-crewed ambulance.

"When they arrived they found a conscious patient who was not feeling well at all.

"They made an initial assessment and took him to the Great Western Hospital for further assessment."

A spokesman for Swindon's Great Western Hospital said: "Morrissey was brought in to the Accident and Emergency department this evening.

"He has been seen by the medical team. At this stage his condition is stable."

His tour is due to move onto its European leg next month, including gigs in the Netherlands, France, Belguim, Germany and Ireland before moving on to nine dates in the United States.
    I hope it's not too serious, but it sounds very worrying
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh No! Hope he's ok... I do worry about my idols when they get poorly. Siouxsie wasn't too well a couple of years back and that sounded quite nasty.

Get well Mozzer!
    I must admit, just when I think I'm king, I just begin!

Pip Madeley Guest

Yep.

What the world really needs now is a new Morrissey Best Of.

Morrissey and EMI have announced a new best-of compilation.

Titled The Very Best of Morrissey, the 18-track CD plus 12-song bonus DVD has been assembled with the full co-operation of the ex-Smiths frontman and features material from his HMV and Parlophone era (1988-1994).

The best-of disc boasts the US radio remix edit of 'Tomorrow', the US mix of 'My Love Life', the previously-unreleased Morrissey solo version of Siouxsie Sioux duet 'Interlude' and extended 9.39 version of 'Moonriver'.

A week before the album's release on April 25 via Major Minor, the collection will be trailed by a 7" of 'Glamorous Glue' featuring previously-unheard Viva Hate outtake 'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home'. An ECD featuring 'Treat Me Like A Human Being' from the same sessions will also be released.

The full tracklisting of The Very Best Of Morrissey - the singer's fourth greatest hits collection - is as follows:

1. 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys'
    2. 'You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side'
    3. 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get'
    4. 'Glamorous Glue'
    5. 'Girl Least Likely To'
    6. 'Suedehead'
    7. 'Tomorrow' (US remix radio edit)
    8. 'Boxers'
    9. 'My Love Life' (US mix)
    10. 'Break Up The Family'
    11. 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty'
    12. 'Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference'
    13. 'Ouija Board, Ouija Board'
    14. 'Interesting Drug'
    15. 'November Spawned A Monster'
    16. 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'
    17. 'Interlude' (Morrissey solo version)
    18. 'Moonriver' (extended. 9:39 version)

Bonus DVD:

* 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys'
    * 'The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get'
    * 'Glamorous Glue'
    * 'Suedehead'
    * 'Tomorrow'
    * 'Boxers'
    * 'My Love Life'
    * 'I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty (live, Jonathan Ross Show, Dec. 1990)'
    * 'Interesting Drug'
    * 'November Spawned A Monster'
    * 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'
    * 'Sunny'
    DVD might be worth a punt.

Si.

the 18-track CD plus 12-song bonus DVD has been assembled with the full co-operation of the ex-Smiths frontman...
    I find that hard to believe, as allegedly he hasn't received any royalties from EMI since 1992...

Really looking forward to this, 'You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side', 'Glamorous Glue', 'Girl Least Likely To', 'Break Up The Family', 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty', 'Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference', and 'Moonriver' are among some of my favourite "greatest hits" of Morrissey's career. They did so well in the charts.

If you want something interesting to listen to though, you should search out The Smiths 'Demos & Outtakes' bootleg torrent, absolutely stunning stuff. Shame Warners will probably never put it out officially.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

So nothing from the successful ...You Are The Quarry and Ringleader of The Tormentors albums. Great!

I'm sure I've got most of these songs already.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The last Greatest Hits only included stuff AFTER "Quarry" for the most part, so perhaps we should consider them as complimenting each other.

Still, it doesn't really matter. It's all just cash-in isn't it, meaningless in today's world when you're better off compiling your own.

Si.

Ah, this'll be a Greatest Hits that I missed out on altogether.

What's the Morrissey track where he's singing about repacking and re-issuing his albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    What's the Morrissey track where he's singing about repacking and re-issuing his albums?
    'Paint A Vulgar Picture' by The Smiths. He wasn't singing about his own albums at the time though of course...

I think in this case "full co-operation" must mean he won't be taking legal action to block it.

I've got both the 1997 "Suedehead" and his last "Greatest Hits" so I'll be sitting this one out.

Girth!

Si.

Briefly put up on Rhino's website, but for now seemingly disappeared....

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conten...ng-Oct.-3-2011

Basically....

All 8 Smiths Lps in mini-replica cds, and 180g vinyls
    All 25 Smiths singles
    The 'Complete Picture' dvd
    Artwork/Prints/Poster

Only Ł249!

Back up now...

http://www.rhino.co.uk/thesmithscomplete.htm

8 x CD box set - Ł34.99
    8 x LP box set - Ł149.99

So still no way of getting the post-Bigmouth singles without buying the Ł250 set.

# There is an arse that never shuts up/ Oh there is an arse that never shuts up

Morrissey has branded the actions of Anders Breivik, the man responsible for last week's twin attacks in Norway as "nothing" when compared to McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

The singer allegedly made the comments during a gig in Warsaw on Sunday (July 24), before playing The Smiths song 'Meat Is Murder'. Morrissey apparently said:

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

The Mirror reports that last night a spokesperson for the singer said: "Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself."
    So how's that new record deal going Morrissey, awww too soon?

Morrissey: an irrelevant c*nt since 1987.

I bought the "Complete" cd boxset yesterday. I'm pleased to say, in my view, the remastering is very good indeed, and these albums have probably never sounded as good.

Wow. Did I *really* say that about Moz???

There has been rumour that The Smiths are reforming. Apparently there's another rumour saying that they aren't reforming.

This must be Thursday.

It was a ten minute rumour.

The decision was said to have been made after fellow Mancunians, The Stone Roses, gave in and reformed.
    I'm sure Morrissey would love to share a stage with Mike Joyce just because the Stone Roses reformed...
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 26th Apr 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Maybe Morrissey secretly desires to re-release the entire Smiths back catalogue changing the artwork and removing tracks from them, as he's doing with all his solo work...

Anyone bought the recent release of Viva Hate? He's taken off one of the best tracks, Ordinary Boys, and replaced it with an unreleased track in it's place. No? Neither has anyone else where I work....

I didn't even know he'd re-released anything. Perhaps the 'reformation' announcement was his way of getting some publicity?

Sorry for the necropost, But I put forth the motion this thread should be renamed "OMG!!! Morrissey's Career!!"

Morrissey has reportedly been dropped by his label, Harvest Records.

According to a post on Morrissey fansite True To You, the singer and his label have parted ways. The post reads: "Three weeks after the release of Morrissey's World Peace Is None Of Your Business (#2 UK, #14 US), Capitol Records/Harvest have ended their relationship with Morrissey, as directed by label boss Steve Barnett. Morrissey is once again in search of a record label."

The news comes after Morrissey appeared to criticise his label, with the singer hinting at "public deception" in the music industry in an update posted on True To You earlier this week.

The post saw the former Smiths frontman praising three fans who made their own videos for songs from his latest album, 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business'. "These videos fully understand the intent of the song, and I am relieved that these films exist," he stated.

However, he went on to say: "A similar document ought to have been harvested by the record label, but please understand that the pop or rock industry can be as dedicated to perpetuating public deception as the world of politics itself."
    http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/79087

Do I get a second on this motion?