Default MARK FORUM READ PROBLEM: Possible Fix

Since I have made several comments on the teething problems thread which have been largely ignored, I took it upon myself to join the Vbullitin forum and search out an answer, which I may have found.

To rephrase the problem, every time I visit the forum and then leave and come back, all of the new posts from before I left the last time have been marked read. It is as if leaving the site automatically marks the entire forum read.

From what I have read at the troubleshooting forum, the problem is that the mark forum read option is set to 'cookies' instead of 'database'. Below is their answer to just about every problem with the mark forum read/new post indicator tool:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type -> Database (automatic forum marking)

And this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Database Read Marking Limit

The first time you set this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.

That's what I figured.

sorry Jeff... have been busy over the last few days. will look into it tomorrow

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Pip Madeley Guest

Should be working now Jeff, thanks for taking the time to figure it out

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope (not that that's done me much good lately). Thanks, guys.

Oh, and see the teething thread for a possible answer to Si's question about where the page redirects after posting, should you wish to make a change..

Could this be done please? All the time that it will save people clicking to go back to the board will be worth it. No-one wants to see a post they've just made to they? You can use Preview if you do.

Si.