Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

P-Bal! Get me Dunbar!!!!!!!!!

It's no lie to say my choices are usually either iconic or candy.

Pip Madeley Guest

Guest list so far:

http://fantomfilms.co.uk/events/utopia/utopiaguests.htm

Who's going? The prospect of meeting The Drinkel...

We could potentially do this one. Matthew Waterhouse would have sealed my attendance but Ford is tempting.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd like to ask Richard Martin if he's Martin Penny's grandfather.

Just for those that do not know, Utopia will see the convention debut of...

MARY McMILLEN

Yes, Mary McMillen!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

No way!

Go fish!

Fantastic news.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

And we arched our backs as dancers can...

She comes Mordred!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm thinking should I bring any items to get signed... nah, can't be arsed, I'll just bring my camera for photos.

Would our rare "Underwater Menace" Target book increase in value if we got Mary Mac to sign it, or would it actually become worthless?

Si.

In all seriousness I'm sure you get a facial shot of Mary Mac in the existing episode of "Menace". There's a shot of a fish person but without all the scales and things of that nature and I swear it is she...

Who's that girl?

Hope it all goes well tomorrow guys. Sorry we can't be there too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Fantastic show. I met ..... Pip Madeley!!! Yay!!!

Great show. Loved it. One of the best conventions I've ever attended. Will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for further Fantom Films events.
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

Hopefully you'll get to meet a few more of us at some of these events!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I chatted to a few of the stewards - they were all very friendly and accomodating. Next time I go to a Fantom Films event, and there will be a next time, I will get a few more names. I recognised Pip from the photographs on here because he has very distinctive hair!

Fantom Films ran a great show - I like getting to actually meet the stars and talk to them for a few minutes, and found this event to be wonderful for that.

Pip Madeley Guest

It was a great event - the highlights for me were sitting next to Zoe Thorne (bloody gorgeous), having a good 10-15 minute chat with writer of Fires of Pompeii James Moran (grounded, nice bloke), sitting with director James Strong and Si Hunt introducing me to TV cocksmith Peter Purves as a Monoid...

I like getting to actually meet the stars and talk to them for a few minutes, and found this event to be wonderful for that.
    My etiquette when chaperoning the guests is certainly driven by my memories of how badly we used to be treated when meeting celebs back in the days of Tenth Planet signings. I remember getting tutted at just because we wanted a photo. I always let people sit right next to the actor if they want a snap, and spend as long as they like talking to them (within reason of course) because that might be someone's special moment meeting someone they have idolised. This is especially true of all the kids we got meeting Juliet (Maria's Mum!) some of whom just looked hynotised with awe to see her live and in the flesh!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    My etiquette when chaperoning the guests is certainly driven by my memories of how badly we used to be treated when meeting celebs back in the days of Tenth Planet signings. I remember getting tutted at just because we wanted a photo. I always let people sit right next to the actor if they want a snap, and spend as long as they like talking to them (within reason of course) because that might be someone's special moment meeting someone they have idolised. This is especially true of all the kids we got meeting Juliet (Maria's Mum!) some of whom just looked hynotised with awe to see her live and in the flesh!

Si.
    Here here!!

I've been going to conventions since 2004 and there's always been a certain disregard for the fact that the fans might want to actually be up close and get to speak to the guests for a few moments. The Tenth Planet events always got some good guests, but were always so busy. Nowadays they aren't as busy but they are such a rip off when it comes to autographs, especially as the entrance fee is still as high as ever.

Signings often feel like a bit of a machine too. I went to a Stamp Centre signing to meet Tom Baker, but after hours of travelling and hours queuing a few minutes with two actors (even Tom and Sir Derek Jacobi!) just felt like an anti-climax.

Smaller events like Who at the Fab Cafe and Who at the Cavern are cheap and easy ways to meet the actors but also suffer from the crowding problem, so the autograph queues tend to be a bit rushed there.

But Utopia finally got the balance just right for me (appart from missing a couple of panels). At first I thought it was going to be the usual cattle farm, but there was time for so much. I got ask a few questions with each and every guest, including Sarah Sutton who seemed a bit snowed under to begin with, and the stewards were all wonderful. Fantom Films are getting the same calibre of guest that Tenth Planet could manage, and delivering a more intimate event at a lower cost and with better perks. Long may they reign!

Also I don't suppose anyone took any pics from this event did they? I got home only to realise I had taken a pitiful few.

I took a couple, but only of me with a couple of the celebs. Are you on Facebook? Some people who went are on there and I've noticed have put some nice pictures up.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I've got a few general ones, will stick them here later.

Great to hear such positive feedback!

I like to think that, unlike certain events who shall be nameless, we're less "us and them" with guests and attendees. If you've paid to come along you've paid to come and meet the actors etc and get pictures, have a chat. It's simple as! If Katy's there you've paid to share life stories... Anyway!

Shed loads of events on the horizon; The War Games @ 40, Sixth Sense: 25 Years of Colin Baker, Monsters & Mayhem: The Graham Williams Era and finally Missing In Action which is dedicated to missing episodes.

All that and Memorabilia in November!

The website!

Monsters & Mayhem: The Graham Williams Era