Default Our works christmas tree.

Yesterday I got our christmas tree out at work and searched for some decorations but couldn't find them. Apparently they were thrown out because they were tatty and the lights were unsafe. The boss let me look in the catalogues we order from to see if we could get new ones but none of them sold anything like that.
    I told her and she said not to bother because its only a few days until xmas and she didn't want the hassle of spending money and claiming it back on expenses.
    So we now have a bare xmas tree sitting in the kitchen area. Which is a bit sad.
    I've written a note which I might cheekily place next to the tree but I'm not sure if I should or not.
    It reads

Please help.
    My name is Douglas. Im a Christmas tree. This year Ive fallen on hard times and have found myself without decorations. Its hard and lonely being an unloved tree at Christmas time.
    Please find it in your heart to spare a bauble or a bit of tinsel and help a poor tree at Christmas.
    Thank you
    Question is should I do it or not?

It doesn't sound like a sackable offence to me, Paul! Just as long as it isn't obviously you that's done it, it should be fine.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Trudi G Guest

Go for it! Every tree deserves a little love at Christmas.

go for it Paul - after all it's Christmas and I'm sure people will see the funny side of it..y

Did we have a result on this?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We went out for xmas lunch and ended up in the pub all afternoon so nothing happened. I'll pop it by the tree in the morning and give you an update.