Default BF VII: Return of The Krotons

The Krotons are back and it's about Crystals!

The Doctor and Charlie arrive in a tunnel. They find a man who opens a hatch for them and they see that they're on a colony world, with mankind on the run from the solar flares that have destroyed Earth. The Doctor keeps bleating on about Nerva. One group of colonists are mining for minerals and finding a safe place to land for the other group, who are still asleep.

Meanwhile Philip Madoc, leader of the colony, has found a learning machine...

I've listened to about half of this story. Overall, its is a ghastly, slow, tedious mess. Everyone mugs about waiting for the Krotons to arrive, which they do very, very, very slowly, forming in their vats. Then someone falls into the brine and dies. Gah.

Philip Madoc is ruling the colony badly, he's become obsessed with K7, the mysterious crystalline substance that might - JUST MIGHT! - have something to do with the Krotons. The Doctor and Charlie get split up by an explosion, which was kind of arranged by the security guards who arrested them. There's an unfunny bit where the Doctor is put 'on hold' when talking to a security computer.

AND OMG - he actually says something like "It's appropriate they're called 'Krotons' because that's a primordial soup they're emerging from". It's a bit like a joke, but delivered in the most crushingly unfunny way.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I listened to this recently. It wasn't bad. Nothing special, but i've heard worse. The Kroton voices weren't as good as Pip's either.

My verdict is the same as Wayne's. Just yet another dreary BF. Pip was far better!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I can't quite believe my Kroton voices were better than his Lord Briggs, I'll have to check this out...

Don't bother yourself, unless you want a solid hour of mind-numbing tedium wading through this horse-crap. I suppose you'll download it and skip to the voices.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!