Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I personally would also support what Martin & Pip say about the 'Making of' features. The little mini-sodes & stories have been great, but learning about the background of the stories & their conception, production, cast & crew insights etc etc... enhance the whole experience for me, just as much as they do on the real dvds
    I think the problem we had by the time we got to the releases of Ratanapura and Eye was that every story (aside from Soap) up to that point had had a making of thing to accompany it, and we were finding it difficult to find a) an interesting way of finding a new spin on it- we didn't want to do more of the same and b) actually getting people to answer questions is quite difficult on the recording days. Paul always shys away from being questioned, and we have things like wanting to eat and have a drink afterwards to consider. I'm sure they'll be back, particularly as I like to ramble on and on about things as much as I can, but I think the production team needed a break from them.
    There are some interviews from Ratanapura and Eye and a big old group chat we did last summer, some of which may well find themselves on a release in the future.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I think the problem we had by the time we got to the releases of Ratanapura and Eye was that every story (aside from Soap) up to that point had had a making of thing to accompany it, and we were finding it difficult to find a) an interesting way of finding a new spin on it- we didn't want to do more of the same and b) actually getting people to answer questions is quite difficult on the recording days. Paul always shys away from being questioned, and we have things like wanting to eat and have a drink afterwards to consider.
    Well i can understand all that. I suppose i'd just got used to having them from the previous releases. However, i've enjoyed all the other extras as well. Especially the mini-sodes, & the short stories*, & the out-takes. In fact that pretty much covers everything really.

*(Steve's a natural on the Jackanory front. Don't let him read bedtime stories to kids though. He'd make it too exciting for them to sleep afterwards)

Favourite Audio Adventure

1. Eye of the Daleks
    2. The Curse of Ratanapura
    3. The Paradise Machine

My favourite script was "Curse" which I know sounds modest as I wrote half of it, but it was Pip's idea and concept that I really loved. However, Wayne's excellent Dalek voices and the whole opportunity to do "space battle" just nudges "Eye" into the lead as my favourite story of last year.

Favourite Villain

1. Tor Garane
    2. Leckard
    3. The Master

Ranting megalomaniacs all! But Martin's slimy-voiced Garane was a story-stealing performance!

Favourite Supporting Character

1. Daniel Everett
    2. Barrington Carrington
    3. Investigator Mills

Si's underated in his support roles, but Daniel really carried "Christmas Spirits" I felt. He was truly the voice of the listener!

Favourite Monster

1. Daleks
    2. Robot Security Droids
    3. Haniad

Favourite Bonus Adventure

- Tea With The Trods

Steve's reading was a revelation! Let's hope he does another one soon!

Favourite Individual Scene or Moment

1. The Doctor is revealed to be Jenn's dining partner ("Heist!")
    2. Doctor, Nick and Rob escape from Mogador ("Curse of Ratanapura")
    3. Doctor, Nick and Rob repair the TARDIS ("Eye of the Daleks")

Brilliant bit of writing from Si!

Best Cliffhanger

1. Eye of the Daleks : Kroton appears as the Dalek Ships go into battle.
    2. The Paradise Machine: "Even a Time Lord's luck doesn't last forever!" (droids fire)
    3. The Curse of Ratanapura: There are gunshots from the landing...

Best Line Of Dialogue

1. "Mocha-Choca-Cappuccinos with caramel dips and fondant fancies all round then fellas!" (Ed, "Heist!")
    2. "Oh My God you've squashed my flowers!" (Ed, "Heart of the Haniad")
    3. "You stink of fish!"/"I'm a fisherman!" (Rosalind/Marwood, "The Curse of Ratanapura")

Ed Bradley rules!

Funniest Moment

1. Vera re-appears in the TARDIS ("Many Happy Returns")
    2. "Hands off! This jacket is a Guuuuucci"/"Yeah from a world where Gucci own Primark!" 3. The Doctor sings ("You've got to pick a pocket or twoooooo!", "Christmas Spirits")

Favourite Type Of CD Bonus Feature

1. Minisodes (e.g dramatised short episodes like "Enjoy Your Shoes")
    2. Short Stories (e.g "Ezra's Knock")
    3. Making Of Documentaries

Best CD Cover

1. The Paradise Machine
    2. Eye of the Daleks
    3. Heist!

Lovely blue!

And finally...

What (or who) would you like to see more of in future Planet Skaro Audios? (please explain!)

More Vera! More Kathy! More Martin Penny!

What did you generally enjoy most this year?

Alex!

What did you enjoy least?

My American accent!

Would you favour the return of Making Of documentaries to the CD's, more minisodes, more narrated short stories, or do you the CD extra's not really bother you?
    I would favour more Making Of's, as long as other people do them!

Happy voting!

Thanks!

Si.

Aww, bless you Si! That brought a little tear to my eye as it's such a lovely thing for you to say, I really enjoyed taking part in them and can't thank you and everyone else involved on the production side of things for taking so much time to create something which is truly special.

I'm going to place my votes in a couple of days time, once I've a little more time on my hands....
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Can we have all the votes in by 15th Feb please? That gives anyone who hasn't voted already another 10 days to do so if they wish.

Si xx

- Heist! = 1
    It may be loyalty, but I thought the tone of the story and the performances really lifted this one!
    - Eye of the Daleks = 2
    Or 'Waynestock' as we like to call it.
    - Christmas Spirits =3
    Despite an 'unfinished' feel to the ending, this was a quality spooky bit of Christmas entertainment.

Favourite Villain

- Byron Zunestra = 1
    - Jann Cordelis = 3
    - The Master = 2

- Jan Cordelis = 1
    - Lady Rosalind Carrington = 2
    Ali's finest hour (so far?)
    - Daniel Everett = 3

Favourite Monster

- The Haniad = 1
    - The Daleks = 2
    - The Krotons = 3

- Unknown Variables

- The Doctor gives Ed the cold shoulder for wanting to kill Uxan ("Heart of the Haniad") = 1
    - Rosalind's farewell to the Doctor ("The Curse of Ratanapura") = 2
    - The Doctor and the Master face each other ("Christmas Spirits") = 3

Best Cliffhanger

- Heist!: "Anyone who tries to double cross me will end up…. VERY, VERY DEAD!" = 2
    - The Curse of Ratanapura: There are gunshots from the landing... = 3
    - Eye of the Daleks : Kroton appears as the Dalek Ships go into battle. = 1

Best Line Of Dialogue

-"My girlfriend would kill me if I got killed" (Ed, "Heart of the Haniad") = 2

- "The 21st century tailors, Burtons"/ "You certainly know your haberdashery Mr Zunestra" (Doctor/Zunestra, "Heist!") = 1

- "You stink of fish!"/"I'm a fisherman!" (Rosalind/Marwood, "The Curse of Ratanapura") = 3

- "We need to get this out to do a broadband spectroscopic thingymajig" ("Unknown Variables") Umm... I don't remember everything I've written, but I certainly didn't write this!

Funniest Moment

Please list top 3, 1= favourite, 2 = next favourite etc.

- "WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT T T?" (Ed, "Heist!") = 1
    - Vera re-appears in the TARDIS ("Many Happy Returns") = 3

- The Doctor, Nick and Rob argue about daytime TV personalities ("Pack it in you two! It doesn’t matter! Besides, everyone knows that Lorraine Kelly was the true Queen of eighties daytime television.", "The Paradise Machine"))
    Actually, I didn't like this bit! Don't know why, it's quite funny.

- The Doctor sings ("You've got to pick a pocket or twoooooo!", "Christmas Spirits") = 2

Please list top 3, 1= favourite, 2 = next favourite etc.

1 - Short Stories (e.g "Ezra's Knock")
    There's a lot of mileage to be had in these.

2 - Making Of Documentaries
    Bloody hard work to make, but provided they're put together thoughtfully they can be great fun!

3 - Minisodes (e.g dramatised short episodes like "Enjoy Your Shoes")
    Good, but better to have longer stories I think?

- Out-takes
    These can be hilarious, but they can become irritating / dull. Difficult to choose the best ones.

Best CD Cover

They're all fab!

- Heart of The Haniad
    Not a great photo of Dave, but OK.
    - Heist! = 2
    Excellent stuff! I love the ITC styling.
    - The Curse of Ratanapura = 3
    This looks really classy.
    - The Paradise Machine
    A good idea, but there were a few people at odd angles, poking into shot.
    - Eye of the Daleks = 1
    Nice Dalek colour scheme
    - Many Happy Returns
    Cheap and quick, but still pretty good!
    - Christmas Spirits
    Excellent, really moody, but I don't think Jason should have been on the cover!

And finally...

What (or who) would you like to see more of in future Planet Skaro Audios? (please explain!)
    More writers! Come on everyone, get your script written!
    More new monsters. More use of sound in the scripts. Use sounds to tell the story!

Creating exciting, funny audio adventures with my friends. What could be better than that?!
    Creating Ed Bradley and seeing Martin bringing him wonderfully to life! He never says any line the way I expect!
    The mix of stories is good, I like the different approaches. I think we need to push the Doctor further...

Last PS Audios Standing!

Would you favour the return of Making Of documentaries to the CD's, more minisodes, more narrated short stories, or do you the CD extra's not really bother you?

More narrated stories! Big Finish are about to start doing them a lot more too.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Creating Ed Bradley and seeing Martin bringing him wonderfully to life! He never says any line the way I expect!
    Huzzah! I assume that's a good thing anyway.

I also feel I should say thankyou Steve, for creating such a brilliant character for me to play!

Last PS Audios Standing!
    Yes it's been bloody horrible! A really bad idea!

Si.

1) Christmas Spirits
    2) Eye of the Daleks
    3) The Paradise Machine

Favourite Villain

1) Tor Garane
    2) The Master
    3) Leckard

1) Daniel Everett
    2) Spirit Of Love/Amanda
    3) Investigator Mills

Favourite Monster

1) Daleks
    2) Haniad
    3) Krotons

1) Unknown Variables
    2) Ezra's Knock
    3) Enjoy Your Shoes

1) The Daleks shock appearance ("Eye of the Daleks")
    2) The Doctor meets Tor Garane ("The Paradise Machine")
    3) Rosalind's farewell to the Doctor ("The Curse of Ratanapura")

Best Cliffhanger

1) Eye of the Daleks : Kroton appears as the Dalek Ships go into battle.
    2) The Paradise Machine: "Even a Time Lord's luck doesn't last forever!" (droids fire)
    3) Heart of the Haniad: Ed's Fiat Marvel plummets towards the surface of the asteroid

Best Line Of Dialogue

1) "No one would dare wear something so outré out of their house. You’re either a fool or a member of the fashion cognoscenti… or maybe just a dangerous dissident. Looking at you, it’s difficult to know which." (Zunestra, "Heist!")

2) "You've got some nerve. I don't want your gratitude, I don't want anything to do with you. Ever. You can keep the gemstone and the guilt of knowing how many lives it cost you. I can't believe how much you've changed. Goodbye Rosalind." (Doctor, "The Curse of Ratanapura")

3) "Don't tell me the archectural configuration is on the blink again? Last time that happened we had to spend five days searching for the bathroom. That's not a time I want to live through again." ("Many Happy Returns")

Funniest Moment

1) The Doctor fondly recalls Ed: "We’d been shopping for a new trellis for the TARDIS gardens, when we bumped into the Master.Well, that was until Ed cleverly tripped him up with a strategically placed rake.") ("The Paradise Machine")

2) - The Doctor sings ("You've got to pick a pocket or twoooooo!", "Christmas Spirits")

3) "Hands off! This jacket is a Guuuuucci"/"Yeah from a world where Gucci own Primark!" ("The Paradise Machine")

1) Making Of Documentaries
    2) Out-takes
    3) Minisodes (e.g dramatised short episodes like "Enjoy Your Shoes")

Best CD Cover

1) Eye of the Daleks
    2) The Curse of Ratanapura
    3) The Paradise Machine

And finally...

I'd love to see the return of the Daleks, as with the new series they shouldn't be reused too often, but it would be great to see them from time to time.

Paul's singing. (Though for a more serious answer, I think it's amazing to hear how great the acting and production side of things have improved, they really do sound superb and it's always a pleasure to listen to each and every audio).

Tis the Last PS Audios Standing thread for me too. It was enjoyable to see who liked which story when the voting was positive, but the negative side of things has turned out all to be a bit horrible.

The Making Of's and Minisodes if I have to choose, I do enjoy the short stories but they could be published in written form on the site and so they wouldn't be lost totally, whereas that doesn't apply with the other two.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Don't forget you have until the end of the week to get your votes in people!

Si xx

Last chance to vote today everyone!

Si xx

Ok, I'll try and vote when I get home from work today.

Andrew, I'm away the rest of the weekend, so if you want to get your vote in by Monday morning that will be fine.

Si xx

Oh I was supposed to be counting wasn't I? By the end of the week folks, promise!

Si xx

I just assumed Robert Mugabe had won
    Bazinga !

Be fair, he was very good in Magical History Tour.