Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I might just order

It's coming out in Volumes? Oh noes!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Is it coming on bluray? After seeing it in HD for the first time yesterday I'm accepting nothing else!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Although I missed the first episode, I caught part 2 and 3.
    Er... does it get any better? Not won over really. It's pretty much my nightmare of what Doctor Who would have been like before it returned.
    Not warming to the characters. And to me it seems K9 is a co-star in his own show?
    And I'm still watching it! Daaaaaamn!

I've just watched the first episode via youtube (and quite a few others seem to be up there) - it wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Some of the puns are terrible, but the odd line made me smile, and it moved along at a decent enough pace.

I can't imagine I'll watch it that often, but I'd like to check out the award winning episodes, and any other recommendations people might have.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Having watched a heck of a lot of this series, there are some stand-out episodes. Even the rubbish aspects are quite endearing:
    - Despite the hopeful establishing shots, it's pretty blatant that none of the action takes place in London.
    - Coming in part-way through the season, it was really hard to pick up on a lot of the back story. The policemen with the big body armour - are they human or robots? Darius has a black taxi cab which unexpectedly started talking to him in one episode. And apparently in the scenes set in 'The Department' with all their equipment THEY ARE ACTUALLY ON AN INVISIBLE BUS that races around "London"!
    - The chief male villain with the blonde hair and black gloves who appears in the first half of the series is one of the worst actors I've ever seen on TV.
    - In Gryffen's lab, a lot of scenes are set around a table which appears to have some sort of cardboard ornament on it. It's a hexagonal console with lots of 'controls' drawn on the side. Whether they use if for anything or not is a mystery.
    - And, best fun of all is working out when there's a man crouching out of shot holding K-9 up on a stick. "Look! Look! He's flying!"

Best episodes are Fear Itself, The Dream Eaters and Curse of Anubis.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I liked Ouroboros too- that was good with all the time dilation stuff.

Si xx

Following several false starts with downloads, VBox records and home-made copies from friends, we've ordered both DVD's on the interweb. The easiest way! Now from these comments I can't wait to see it!

Si.

Still haven't seen any of this yet, but with SJA being done soon, maybe I will show this to the kids...

News... well kind of...
    From the DW Newspage:

K9 series producer Paul Tams has kindly provided us with an update on how things are progressing with the second series:

Bob (Baker) and I are presently working on the updates for series two and are also entering a new production partnership. Bob will be penning more of the series and plans are for a further 26 episodes.

With the help of a fantastically talented CGi artist I have tweeked K9 for the second series, taking in much of the criticism and likes from the fans. We have already done some test footage of his upgrade. All I can say at present is that I never liked the big ears myself, that was a Disney thing!. We can't say too much at this stage but K9's future is looking very healthy.

We hope to make some further announcements regarding start of production etc later this year.
    Meanwhile, the first series is to be broadcast from September on the Canadian pay-per-view channel BBC Kids, which will see the show running alongside The Sarah Jane Adventures! An announcement is also to be made soon about the show's premiere within the United States during the Autumn.

Did the last 5 or so episodes of the first series ever get shown as I was faithfully recording the series off Five after it was abandoned by Disney XD but 5too never made it to end of the season AFAIK?

I don't think they showed them Richard. We certainly never saw them if they did.

Our DVD's are still sealed! I'm amazed it's still going on.

Si.

I thought not which is disappointing as I heard interesting rumours about the last few episodes being something of a multi-part serial/story. I guess we'll have to go round to Si's and watch them

Sure. I can't promise I'll be there, as I have some shopping to do that day.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Sure. I can't promise I'll be there, as I have some shopping to do that day.
    But you'll leave His Nibs at home to open the door and let everyone in, right?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I never saw any of the first series, so I can't really get excited by a second series.

You really haven't missed much Tim. If we ever did have a group watching session I might actually drink alcohol for the first time in months!!

You might need it.

Si.