Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

to be honest, with a pairing of two extremely popular girl-bands, they could have put out a cover of "My Old Man's a Dustman" and still made a huge amount of money... there was no need to destroy a classic in this way.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Pip Madeley Guest

What is it about it that you don't like then? I want examples and you must show your working.

It's an Aloud/Babes pic'n'mix on Richard & Judy right now. Nadine Upskirt, Heidi, Keisha and Sarah. Beat that at 5:50pm on a Friday!

Interesting live performance on Comic Relief Does Fame Academy!

Girls Aloud & Sugababes top the chart, The Proclaimers ft. Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin at #3 and The Proclaimers original 'I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)' is also at #37 on downloads.

The Proclaimers video has got Frank Sidebottom in it!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Frank's still about - he's got his own chat show on Channel M here in Manchester. Great stuff

I spotted him on Sky Digital last month. WORST SHOW EVER!!

The video for Comic Relief song 2007 is on the TV right now. As far as Who stars go, it prominently features Tennant in a kilt and Frazer Hines (for some reason?!).

It's the most awful thing I've seen in years. It's the pure kitsch that Phoenix Nights parodied, only this time it's for real. Give some money to charity, by all means, but for PITY'S SAKE DON'T BUY THIS ABSOLUTE TRASH!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

it prominently features Tennant in a kilt and Frazer Hines (for some reason?!).
    Don't forget Bonnie jiving alongside Pete Waterman at the start.

The video is BRILLIANT and we bought the DVD single the day it came out. It's got the Krankies, Frazer Hines and Rod Jane and Freddy in for God's sake! It's TV Gold!

Si.

I've always hated 500 Miles but at the moment this new version amuses me! I have given in and bought it, after refusing for so long despite repeated requests for it to be played when I'm DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The video for Comic Relief song 2007 is on the TV right now. As far as Who stars go, it prominently features Tennant in a kilt and Frazer Hines (for some reason?!).

It's the most awful thing I've seen in years. It's the pure kitsch that Phoenix Nights parodied, only this time it's for real. Give some money to charity, by all means, but for PITY'S SAKE DON'T BUY THIS ABSOLUTE TRASH!!!!
    It ws my favourite bit of the whole show (what I saw of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    I've always hated 500 Miles but at the moment this new version amuses me! I have given in and bought it, after refusing for so long despite repeated requests for it to be played when I'm DJing.
    The original is one of the greatest songs of all-time ever all-time (almost as good as 'I'm On My Way'). It was robbed of a Top Ten position back in 1988. Good job it'll be number one on Sunday.

Does anyone in Scotland not like The Proclaimers?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

My gran hates them. She thinks they're "minging speccy *****!"

They're surely the ugliest men in pop without question.

Si.

Here it comes again...

The Saturdays have announced that they are providing the official single for this year's Comic Relief.

The girlband will follow in the footsteps of Girls Aloud, Sugababes and the Spice Girls by releasing the charity record this March.

The song, a cover of Depeche Modes 'Just Can't Get Enough', will be the main single for the 2009 campaign.

"I am so so excited that we have been asked to do the Comic Relief song," Mollie King said.

"It's such a big compliment and it's so nice to be helping such a good cause. I’ve always dreamt of doing something like this from being a little girl! I remember watching the Spice Girls' song ‘Who Do You Think You Are’ and now it's us! I cannot wait!"

The single will be released on March 2 with Comic Relief taking place on March 13.
    Shame it's another Comic Relief cover but it's a good song and the Saturdays are a good group so it should be a decent effort.

This year's "comedy effort" is thus:

Tom Jones and The Bee Gees Robin Gibb will appear on the charity single for this year's Comic Relief appeal.

Both singers have recorded backing vocals for the track, entitled 'Barry Islands In The Stream'.

The song is performed by Gavin and Stacey stars Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon as their characters in the show, Nessa and Bryn.

Brydon spoke about the song's forthcoming video on his Twitter fan page.

“The video's great, by the way. Acting and everything... Tom could be in The Sopranos,” he wrote on the micro-blogging website.

'Barry Islands In The Stream' is released as a digital download on March 8th.
    Drop em while they're hot.

The Saturdays... are they the band that have two or three ex S Club Juniors members in it...?

They surely are and they make my panties rock.