Default London's Burning Series 10 DVD Set

I received my copy of this on monday when it was released and as its been my second week on holiday from work, I've been watching it whenever I've had time to myself and a couple of points have arisen that baffle me slightly...

Firstly, on the cover along with the usual message about certain pieces of music differing from broadcast, there is also a line saying "For contractual reasons, some episodes differ from their transmitted versions". This struck me as odd, but as I've not seen series 10 since it was broadcast in 97/98, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Since viewing most of the episodes though, I have noticed little things, like some establishing shots that have been over-used or just don't fit in with the scenes they lead into. The title graphic at the start of some episodes seems to have been written in a slightly different typeface too and some scenes seem to have an awkward ending.

The second point has just come to my attention as I watch episode 14. at 9 mins, 15 secs into the episode, a shot of George giving the rest of the watch details of a shout that's just come through changes to a brief, very old shot of a bloke pointing at a map while the LB sound continues, before reverting to the original picture. This shot is obviously nothing to do with LB and I have no idea why it is there!!! I'll try and get some screen caps up ASAP, but how this slipped through the net is anyone's guess!

Anyone else bought this set?
    Last edited by Will Tudor; 6th Feb 2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Gave the wrong episode number - oops!
    "You are ill. You are very, very ill."

Will

Bizarre. Just goes to show how lucky we are with the Doctor Who releases, though fans still complain when there is a line on frame 34 of scene 10 of episode 5.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's Walt bloody Disney!

For those who are curious, I've taken a few screen shots and you will find them linked below:

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rogueshot2.jpg
    The action as it should be

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rogueshot3.jpg
    Within a few frames, this appears!

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rogueshot4.jpg
    Over to the map for...?

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rogueshot5.jpg
    And we're back at Blackwall!

Is that Walt? I'm not convinced, as I've no idea why he'd be pointing at a map!

Will

It is Walt Disney!!

That's so weird - there must be somewhere on the internet discussing that. Can you imagine if Steven Spielberg popped up for three frames in the middle of The Romans DVD - Who fans would go mad!

Turns out not - even their Facebook site doesn't seem to mention anybody else spotting this. Might be worth contacting the makers of the DVD, Will. Or you could risk posting on the Doctor Who Restoration Site as on Off Topic issue...

Chances are nobody else has watched the entire series inside a week, so I doubt many people have seen it yet. Think I'll write to them as there's not even a message on their website.

Will

Disney was a One Worlder raised by Communist parents. The mystery here is what Has Disney and his holly-wood wand and sight and sound magic to do with the London Fire Brigade? The Blackwall Tunnel was refurbished 2009-11 and reopened 11:11:11. HSBC have left their Canary Wharf HQ and sold it the Qatar Govt and closed their London Gold repositories. The RWC Finals are on the weekend of Samhain. Will there be Helter Skelter at the Temple of Olympus - of Appolyon? Revolution No 9 even? So much social engineering has gone into this - it will be a total blast! Why so many movies and images of London being blitzed and or burning for a seventh time? Why indeed. The two most "bombed" cities in moviedom are London and NY. Coming to a theatre near you...soon...