Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This list looks highly suspicious and desperate! I think when the concept was announced we all had hopes that it would, as stated, at least mostly compromise scripts from the lost Season 23. Instead we have two (but not three) of the ones we knew about, "In The Hollows of Time" (fair game), two no-one's ever heard of (which, given the extensive research done into this season previously, suggests they are slight cheats), an unused "Trial" script and the bloody "Space Whale" which was never mooted for Baker anyway.

So no "Gallifrey", no unused Michael Feeley Calan script, no "Penacasata", no Singapore Autons, not even "The Ultimate Evil".

The aim seemed laudable when it was to reconstruct a partly-planned missing season, but if it's just any old crap they rejected for the TV series, what's the point? Other than to limit yourself to scripts that were too poor to be made originally?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Si Hunt speaks the truth.

Gallifery never even got beyond a title, so that was out- Pip N Jane say they never even wrote an outline. It's suspcted the TBA is the Michael Feeney-Callan script, but not confirmed. Penecasata/ Pinecotheca/ In the Hollows of Time are suspected to be the same story, but I don't know that for sure. Yellow fever was never outlined beyond a potential part 1- what's the point of taking that on?

The guessing it was soley to be season 23 scripts has always been suspect- even the first news I quoted in the first post of the thread says:

these adaptations of scripts that were commissioned but never made for television in the mid-80s.
    So it was never just season 23 scripts.

The TBA story might also be the Johnny Byrne- Melkur script for season 22 potetially.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That might not be so bad, the Traken follow up bizarrely sounded quite good I thought.

I guess I'm dissapointed because they cryptically said they had "tracked down" some things we didn't have before, so there was always the chance they had unearthed another genuine lost Season 23 script.

In truth, I'd rather someone wrote a new Auton/Master/Rani storyline based on Robert Holmes out-line than "The Space Whale"! Again, there was always the chance they'd found some more info on it - Ian Levine still maintains he has a one-page outline for this story, but no-one's ever seen it.

Si.

I think they're a mix of scripts intended for Seasons 22, the original Season 23, and Trial of a Time Lord.

Barbara Clegg's story was covered in some depth by DWM when they interviewed her about ten years ago. This page gives some information about several of the stories in question.

I'm surprised "Attack of the Minds" not among them then. Despite my earlier apathy, I think I'd rather see a regular series of "lost stories" than the Companion Chronicles. Though if that happens you could see "Hex" moving towards us with inevitable certainty.

Si.

I'm disappointed "the Ultimate Evil" isn't included since I've just read the novel (thank's to Si and Steve!). At worst it would have been another "Timelash" and at best it would have been another "Varos". They'd have had fun casting the Dwarf Mordant.

I think Space Whale was last heard of as a possibility for season 22, so it was at least floated as a Colin Baker story at one point.

The one I'm most dubious about is the Barbara Clegg one. To quote DWM it is "the only story from this series that is not taken from an original script in any form - instead Barbara sent us a detailed story breakdown, which was too good not to make." That last claim seems to be asking for trouble IMHO, and I can't help but think getting Marc Platt in to complete it is a bad idea.

It's a shame Clegg didn't write it herself - does she not do scripts any more? I'm confident Platt will "dull it up".

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I think Space Whale was last heard of as a possibility for season 22, so it was at least floated as a Colin Baker story at one point.
    The last thing I heard that about it needed flushing...I hope the same can't be said of this.

Coming Soon - "The Ps Audios - The Lost Adventures".

We can finally make my lost "Seeds of Doom" rip-off script!

Si.

Not to mention that there's only one script that was properly lost.

[Darth]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![/Darth]
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's rather wonderful that a script that was to feature The Master will now feature The Tractators. It's bizarre that the two can be considered mutually swappable!

Si xx

I'd love to see The Mind of Evil reworked with Tractators. Imagine the Gravis smoking a cigar in the back of a limo.

Not sure the image of Ant Ainley sucking people below the surface of a planet in the far future is quite so alluring though...

Pip Madeley Guest

I'd love to see The Mind of Evil reworked with Tractators. Imagine the Gravis smoking a cigar in the back of a limo.

Not sure the image of Ant Ainley sucking people below the surface of a planet in the far future is quite so alluring though...
    Post of the month and it's only the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's rather wonderful that a script that was to feature The Master will now feature The Tractators. It's bizarre that the two can be considered mutually swappable!

Si xx
    Which story is that one?

The Hollows of Time. CHB talked about it a little in his interview in DWM.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Not sure the image of Ant Ainley sucking people below the surface

Nice big-hearted interview that! I like the staunched defence of Colin.

Unusually recorded out of sequence
    Is there any TV or audio production anywhere these days that IS recorded in sequence?

The fight to be Top Doc looks set to rumble on, especially if the rumours that Sylvester McCoy's abandoned 27th season might be getting the Big Finish treatment.
    Yo ho ho ho ho!

Si.

The fight to be Top Doc looks set to rumble on, especially if the rumours that Sylvester McCoy's abandoned 27th season might be getting the Big Finish treatment.
    Especially if they get Richard Griffiths in to replace McCoy and be Doctor Who at long bloody last. He'd be awesome!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh no! I really hope we never get to hear that wretched Metatraxi story ben Aaronovitch was going to write.

Si xx

Would they get O'Mara back for "Network"?

Si.

From DWOnline.

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

You'd never guess with that garish logo splattered over it.

Nice design - is TBA actually called TBA or is that me trying to think clever?