Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I caught up with the first two episodes on Sunday. Really fun stuff. Made me wish I'd watched the previous 8 (I think it's 8?) series more regularly.
    As a friend of mine pointed out the only thing lacking was those scenes they used to have in every episode where they'd be describing the villain of the week and the action would freeze and suddenly the hustlers would be walking around them.

They did use to do the freeze-frame a lot, but it became a bit of a Hustle cliche! This week we got some nice cross-fades (Mickey in the trunk of the BMW), whip-pans (loads) and fast-forward tracking shots (the team in the garden).

I forgot - I loved Emma's dotty routine as the missing dog lady and (AND!) it only had Sheila Hancock in it! And Martin Kemp! An embarassment of riches really.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

another excelent episode - that yet again completely wrong foots you with the con.

Currently catching up on the John Barrowman episode from last week. Great stuff!

I enjoyed the Barrowman one. Just a good fun episode of Hustle. The kid one that was on this friday was not so good though, as usual with these things the kid was just annoying.

The final one looks interesting, I wonder how they will get out of that!

I haven't seen it for a few years, used to quite enjoy it, but saw some of this week's (with the kid and the faded tv star) and found it excruciatingly bad.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

This week's wasn't the strongest episode of the run. Weakest episode for a while.

Next week's looks like it's their Blake...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Last one tonight then. I really hope they manage to go out on a high.

The series deserves a good ending. It's been substantially fantastic for most of its run.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Even I'm looking forward to tonight's episode but then I'm not jaded from having watched all the seven previous series so it still feels quite fresh to me having only dipped in and out over the years.

I've seen every episode (and quite a few more than once) and I'm still not jaded. It's one of my very favourite TV shows of all time.

Wow that was a great episode, a perfect end to what has been overall a very enjoyable series.

And I was glad to see they managed to get Danny back too, and keep it a surprise! Though there was no appearance of the forgotten Billy though

I really enjoyed last night's episode to the extent that I watched it all again this morning with one of my brothers who hadn't seen it. I don't think I've ever re-watched an episode of Hustle before by choice.

One day I might go back and watch some more of the pre- Sean and Emma series.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    I really enjoyed last night's episode to the extent that I watched it all again this morning with one of my brothers who hadn't seen it. I don't think I've ever re-watched an episode of Hustle before by choice.

One day I might go back and watch some more of the pre- Sean and Emma series.

once I get through my Minder box set I might just sit down and watch series 1 again also need to buy series 7 on DVD -

but it was a fantastic ending to what has been one of the best dramas ever produced by the BBC, obviously despite seeing them shot at the start you knew as always there was going to be a twist in there and when I saw Ash, taking measurments that pretty much gave the game away. Was surprised when Jamie Murrey appeared (looking as sexy as ever )and once she was there I pretty much guessed straightaway that the "enforcer" was going to be Marc Warren.

Also loved that little tribute at the end to Robert Vaughn with the mention of The Magnificent Seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post

Also loved that little tribute at the end to Robert Vaughn with the mention of The Magnificent Seven.
    That was a lovely moment. I'm glad they were able to get Robert Vaughan to stay the course for all eight series as it somehow wouldn't have been the same without him.

however I'm not sure what to make of the ending with them all walking off the set not sure that was a good or bad thing.

Fantastic end to a fantastic series!

I've loved Hustle right from the start. The premise was brilliant and the show went out of its way right from the start to set its own style from the very first episode. This last episode was just about perfect- from the way Mickey addressed the audience in the way he used to do back in the early days, through to the surprise reappearance of Stacy and then, just when I really thought there was no chance, Danny too, that made this a fitting farewell.

Great last con too- someone truly evil! Fantastic!

I thought them walking off the set at the end was just about right as send offs go. For a series that has always broken the fourth wall, it felt very appropriate (and full of good advice too!)

This will always be one of my all time favourite shows and I will miss it, but they're going at the right time and always in their own special style.

Aw... always sad when one of your fave TV shows ends :-(

Thanks to your raving about the series, I think I'll get Series 1 out on DVD rental and experience it for myself!

With no more Hustle and no more Mongrels, it seems we might as well shut the BBC down altogether.

I found the final episode to be almost unbearably tense. The way they emphasised the danger was fairly obvious, but it still worked on me! The guy playing Wasim was worthy of mention too, he was superb as the steely, evil bully.

That's two of the best (possible the two best) episodes they've ever done in this series - the last one and the one where Mickey was locked in the boot of the car. Given the limited format, that's damn good going.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    With no more Hustle and no more Mongrels, it seems we might as well shut the BBC down altogether.

yes it's sad to see Hustle, walk off into the sunset but at the same time we should be glad that it has gone out while it's still on top and not out stayed it's welcome. As much as I've loved watching Hustle, I think if it had gone on for a few more series there would of been a likelyhood of Adrian Lester not wanting to do any more and because of his age Robert Vaughn, deciding to leave aswell and with a new cast I just don't think it would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    however I'm not sure what to make of the ending with them all walking off the set not sure that was a good or bad thing.
    As a review I read earlier today pointed out, this was a great end, as the series itself has been one long con!

Just watched the very first Ep. Yep I think I'm going to enjoy this!

Oh yes!

I've always thought this series was a modern-day equivalent to The Avengers. A completely different premise, but with the same sense of style and fun over realism. Yeah, the premise gets pushed to the limit over the course of 7 series, but I found there were enough cast changes and ideas to keep it engaging. Could be due a re-watch soon! (Within the next year maybe?!)

Marc Warren losing at strip poker? I like this episode!

I've totally forgotten about that one! But I do remember the one where they chuck Marc and Adrian naked out the back of a van in the middle of Trafalgar Square.