Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hustle - the con is over!

Here's the news that PS's two fans of Hustle should be pleased to hear:

The Hustle crew will be back on BBC One next year with an exciting new series, it was announced today.

The hit drama, from Kudos Film and Television in association with Red Planet Pictures, has continued to delight over five-and-a-half million viewers throughout the current series which finishes on Thursday (12 February 2009) at 9.00pm on BBC One.

It has been recommissioned for a sixth series by Ben Stephenson, Controller, Drama Commissioning, BBC, and cements its place as one of the channel's most successful and popular dramas.

In the fifth series Adrian Lester returned as Mickey "Bricks" Stone, who was reunited with familiar faces Robert Vaughn, as veteran grifter Albert Stroller, and Robert Glenister, as fixer extraordinaire Ash "Three Socks" Morgan.

Mickey also took two new apprentices under his wing; brother and sister duo Emma and Sean Kennedy (Kelly Adams, Holby City and Matt Di Angelo, EastEnders).

The new series will continue to follow the fortunes of the grifting gang as they con their way around the capital, a city riddled with financial troubles but teeming with greedy and amoral fat cats who are just ripe for the picking.

Hustle creator, writer and executive producer, Tony Jordan, says: "We are really pleased with the way that series five has been received, it's always difficult to maintain a drama's following when you've been off air for a period of time. Having a fabulous actor like Adrian Lester back in the fold has really helped.

"I've already got some great ideas for series six, so I can't wait to get cracking on the scripts."

Karen Wilson, Executive Producer for Kudos, says: "Viewers really enjoy the vibrant and fun nature of Hustle and we plan to continue with that into the next series.

"The current series has featured a great mix of old and new, with the staple classics of Robert Vaughn and Robert Glenister, and it's been wonderful to have Adrian back.

"And the new additions of Matt and Kelly have added a new dimension as well as an extra bit of glamour!"

Polly Hill, BBC Commissioning Editor of Independent Drama, says: "The success of the present series is testament to Tony Jordan's brilliant scripts, the remarkable team at Kudos and a wonderful cast.

"We look forward to seeing what 2010 will hold for Mickey and the gang."

Hustle is a Kudos Film and Television production in association with Red Planet Pictures for the BBC and executive produced by Simon Crawford Collins and Karen Wilson for Kudos and Tony Jordan for Red Planet Pictures.

The new series of Hustle will film in and around London this year for transmission on BBC One in 2010.
    I'm delighted! The series which ended last night has been superb for the most part and it's good to see that there's plenty of mileage left in the format yet.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm pleased too!

I was a little disappointed with the last series but this series has been back up to scratch again, and although I miss the old team, I like the new team too (something for everyone, there.... ).

I'm a couple of weeks behind but this has been a good series so far. I'm very pleased Adrian Lester is back after a disappointing fourth series without him. I like the new girl - I never warmed to Stacey as she seemed like one of those people who know they're "gorgeous" and act accordingly - and want every dress I've ever seen her wear.

A sixth series is splendid news as long as the chap who came up with "the governor loves cats" pay-off to the episode I watched last week. That was a bad explanation.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I've thoroughly enjoyed Series five - but - the get-outs at the end of the episodes haven't been as strong and as surprising as in earlier seasons. Ideally, I like to see little clues threaded through the episode that come together and make you go 'Of COURSE!' in the last five minutes. Just to be contrary, I also like the ones that completely break the format!

None the less, it's been a very exciting, funny and entertaining run of stories. There hasn't even been a duff episode.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

really enjoyed this last series so i'm very pleased to see there is going to be another series.

It's coming on Monday, 9pm. Get the recording going!

Series 6!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I always used to enjoy Hustle, but lost interest a couple of series back (the one with the guy out of So Solid Crew) and I don't think I watched any of the last series at all, which is a shame considering the positive comments here. Perhaps it's time to give it another chance?

Do! Getting Mickey back to lead the team worked really well and with the two ne members of the team, there came a new dynamic. The last series was much better than series 4.

Si xx

Good stuff tonight. Poor old Colin Baker though- didn't make it past the opening credits. However we did like the nods to his title sequence in the way his scenes were shot with all the sparkley spangles of light around him!

This was a proper old school Hustle episode- lots of nods and winks to the audience and a seemingly impossible scheme. Just the way I like it!

Si xx

It's a comedy really isn't it? There's no grit or grime on this series, just good sexy fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    !

This was a proper old school Hustle episode- lots of nods and winks to the audience and a seemingly impossible scheme. Just the way I like it!

Si xx

i've only picked up on Hustle, from the last series but I think the most entertaining part of each episode is the last 10 minutes when they explain just how they carried out the con.

This week's episode was the funniest so far. They must have been giggling away as they wrote the script full of silly management speak and similies! I know I was!

Si xx

Another great series drew to a close on Monday. It wasn't the most amazing finale they've ever done, but it was rock solid and a little harsher in tone. There was some violence (the police actually punched Mickey!) and some sex.

There has been some variation in quality over the years, but really it's as good as it's ever been at the moment. They still manage to come up with enough fresh ideas each year to make it worthwhile. The current line-up is superb and I have to say it, they're much better off without Jaime Murray. Roll on Series 7! ( )

have really enjoyed this series - I haven't seen any thing of Hustle prior to season 5 so I've recently bought series 1 to 5 on DVD and will now start watching it from the start.

It's back tonight for one last stylish run. I Hustle

I'm sure it's not on till next Friday.

You're right. They must have rescheduled it then, as it was due to start this evening according to the Sky+ earlier in the week.

When is Barrowman's episode?

The three night drama Public Enemies got delayed from starting on Tuesday because of the sentencing of the Stephen Lawrence murderers so that ended up starting on Wednesday and finishing last night.

The final series of Hustle will now begin next Friday

Brilliant! I love Hustle so much!

It was a pretty good season opener. It's a shame that as the final series, they haven't managed to persuade Marc Warren to come back for it though.

I hope that Marc Warren is in at least one episode. Though he is very busy with all his work for Sky and his recent stage performances...

Last night's was very entertaining, perhaps not the cleverest of episodes, but it did put an absolutely massive grin on my face. Especially when the army tanks unexpectedly turned up!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Brilliant! I love Hustle so much!

me to a fantastic start to the series I don't if it's because Robert Vaughn, is now finding the work schedual tiering but it was very noticable he was not in as many senes as in past episodes.

John Barrowman and Raquel Cassidy (The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People & Destination:Nerva) are appearing in the February 3rd episode.

Pictures can be seen on Blogtor Who -John Barrowman in Hustle

Caught up with last Friday's episode. Wow! I think it's one of the best Hustle episodes they've ever done! You really felt that the gang had their backs to the wall all the way through - and with Mickey being held hostage it was even more unpredictable. I've been getting closer to guessing my way out of some episodes, but Friday's was an absolute winner.

Plus it showcased Ash Morgan (Robert Glenister from Caves of Androzani) being absolutely superb from start to finish. Hurrah!