Default Escape From Colditz

During a lot of shifting stuff about recently I discovered I had two editions of this game.

A recent one (90's) with a jigsaw board, and an original one that I bought in a jumble sale some years ago, really only to get the original fold out board, but discovered it to be complete (including Red Cross box) and in better condition than the new one.

Happy memories of playing it with mates in the 70's.

Anybody any stories of daring escapes?

My family used to have this game when I was young, and therefore unable to play it. I must say, the board held a strange sort of fascination for me and I really wanted to play it one day, but alas I never have.

I still don't think I fully understand all the rules. Some seem every ambiguous.

It was created by a real life prisoner and escapee of Colditz. The board does seem very unconventional.

I remember playing this at the time. But I've got a nagging feeling that there were two different Colditz boardgames around in the mid-70s, although I could be wrong, I haven't thought of these for years...I seem to remember that one was in a light blue coloured Monopoly-shaped box, while the other was in a smaller, squarer darker coloured box...

It is quite a large and long box, with a swastika and an imposing picture of Colditz on the front while some escapees watch it through binoculars.

The 90's version I have has lots of passes and so on scattered across the front

The board (newer jigsaw type)

That 70's version is the one I had, the box seems a bit bigger than I remember it to be though. It's possibly just my memory cheating when I thought there were two games...