Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

I hope he spills the beans about his brief encounter with Singleton's tuppence.

The way he's kept - *ahem* - tight-lipped about it, it could be very brief indeed!

Pip Madeley Guest

Default Doctor Who Autobiographies

It's on the wind:

Elisabeth Sladen: The Autobiography

I bet she's getting a guaranteed three grand for this.

When Elisabeth Sladen first appeared as plucky journalist Sarah Jane Smith in 1973 "Doctor Who" story "The Time Warrior", little did she know the character would become one of the most enduring and fondly remembered in the series' history. The coming years would see her traverse time and space alongside classic Doctors Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker, whilst a generation of children crouched behind the sofa, terrified but transfixed as their tea time heroine found herself menaced by Daleks, dinosaurs, Cybermen, man-eating alien flora, Egyptian mummies, extras in bubble wrap and even the Loch Ness Monster. By the time she quit the TARDIS in 1976, making front page news, Elisabeth had become one of the most familiar faces of a TV golden age. But that wasn't the end of Sarah Jane. Since then Elisabeth has reprised the role many times appearing in anniversary specials; a 1981 spin-off with robotic sidekick K-9; radio plays; and for the BBC's "Children in Need". She's toured the weird, wide and wonderful world of "Doctor Who" fandom and regularly tops polls of fans' all time favourite companions. So when TV wunderkind Russell T. Davies approached her to come back again, this time to a Doctor Who backed by multi-million pound budgets and garlanded with critical plaudits, how could she possibly say no? Now Elisabeth Sladen tells the story of her remarkable career.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I remember this being mooted in 2002. Obviously she didn't finish it on time!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I expect it'll be a good read, but...

...I have to admit I got a bit p***ed off with Liz being so sniffy in a recent DWM about The Five Doctors, particularly when she was doing so in the context of saying how much better the season 4 finale did the same job of bringing together a lot of old faces. IMHO Journey's End, with its quick, token hello & particularly goodbyes, handled it no better or worse than The Five Doctors, and although it's a small thing I find that it really niggled and niggles me.

That aside, though, she's savvy enough to get this out on the shelves now because it's the best time for it - nothing lasts for ever, and Sarah won't be in the limelight (again) for ever. And, I repeat, I expect it'll be an interesting read/

I hope there's a whole chapter dedicated to the Big Finish series of Sarah Jane solo adventures.

Si.

I suspect there will be more time devoted to her extensive few minutes appearance in Peak Practice.

Si xx

I bet there's a lost still of her in the Rovers Return from when she had her stint in "Corrie"!

Si.

Wayne Guest

And don't forget THIS.

But look at her in Peak Practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baxIC...eature=related

The hair! THE HAIR!

And speaking of hair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kNTaRZtUgs

Si xx

Wayne Guest

I remember Vosene!

My Dad used to work for Beechams and as a result we had boxes of Vosene in our attic for years. There's probably some still up there.

It's a good story.

Oh and I hope the "Iceland" advert gets coverage in Sladen's grimoire.

As an aside, with a biography or two of DT and Billie doing the rounds, plus Anneke, Barry Letts, John Barrowboy and Peter Purves all bringing out their autobiplanes, do I detect the scent of Who-related £££ in the air? Or am I being paranoid?

And Watling's is on the wind.

It's no great masterplan though - DW is hot TV property at the moment, so if you were once in it and have always planned to write your story, now's the time to do it.

Si.

That means we should be expecting Ronald Pickup's autobiography soon, too.

Or should we...?

I'm waiting for "Jenny Tomasin - A Life Without Meaning".

Si.

I'm waiting for "Ian Levine: My Life Kicking TV's" or Ian F. Levine: A life in Pies"

The Watling Memoirs is going to be a fantastic read!!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Sladen in policewoman's uniform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHh2Nvuzk8c

Fit. As.

Not as fit as that woman's sunglasses in the clip.

Really?!!?

That looks like a rivetting episode of "Special Branch".

Si.

My comment should have been above Simon's for the record.

That dull fest is only enlivened by the wooden icon with the big hair and outsized shades. Presumably disguising her from the future shame if anyone recognised her.