Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Oh wow! I had the opportunity to meet him not that long ago, another very nice man although didn't realise till after that post-Who he was the series-producer of EastEnders in the early 90s when the Mark Fowler HIV plotline was introduced. Serious props. Definitely looks like a worthwhile read.

Wasn't that Michael Ferguson?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You're quite correct Si, Michael Ferguson was the producer of EastEnders I was referring so I guess it must've been him I met, I'm struggling to remember now which is slightly embarrassing.

Anyway just to mention I'm now listening the audiobook of Lis Sladen's autobiography which is very enjoyably anecdotal and very well read with no less poignancy than it was written by the equally missed Carrie John.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Fantom are also doing Jon Pertwee's Moonboots and Dinner Suits which is has been out of print for a million years so that's another one to get!
    I have the original one, bought from a completely splendid bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Fantom are also doing Jon Pertwee's Moonboots and Dinner Suits which is has been out of print for a million years
    So have I...

Fantom is pleased to announce that we shall be publishing the second part of Mary Tamm's autobiography in early 2013.

The book written before her tragic death from cancer earlier this year, picks up from where First Generation ends, with the inside story of the filming of her final three Doctor Who stories as the Time Lady Romana.

"We want to make this book the ultimate celebration of a wonderful person who we so sorely miss" explains publisher Dexter O'Neill. "We are presenting the entirety of her writings together with tributes and anecdotes from Mary's closest friends and colleagues.

'Second Generation' will be released in early 2013 and published in two versions: a standard paperback (£12.99) and a special hardback edition (£24.99). The hardback edition will only be available direct from Fantom Publishing - limited to 200 copies, individually numbered, with extra photographs.

For those customers, who ordered the Hardback Edition of First Generation and wish to receive the same Limited number of Second Generation - please enter it in the message box when ordering.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Some more lovely Who biography related titles are being readied for the next few months... hurrah!

Alas, not from Dame Mary McMillen.