Default BRIT Awards 2009

Did anyone see it? It looked chaotic and backslapping as usual. Why was there a Scouting For Girls song in the Best British Single category in with all the hits?

And Mat Horne really annoyed me with his comment in the bit I saw - "Still no award for Craig David then". WHAT?! Why on Earth would there be? He's had his career, a very successful one too. He's certainly done more to promote British music in the UK and America than Mat Horne, who-ever the hell he is. Why did we need such a spiteful and utterly pointless remark? Is the BRITS really about putting down performers of yesteryear rather than celebrating those of today?

Si.

Another thing that annoys me is that the Pet Shop Boys got possibly the greatest promotion for new material anyone could wish for last night - a high profile, prime time spot in which they got to be honoured and perform a medley of their greatest hits. Millions will have been watching.

They have a new single coming out.

You SHOULD be able to go on-line today, or at the latest on Monday, and buy it. Can you? NO. Because it's not out for ANOTHER MONTH.

Madness! WHY DID THEY NOT TIME THE RELEASE TO COINCIDE WITH THE BRITS? We've seen all this before. Give it a month and everyone will have forgotton how good they are again, and the single will sink. MARK MY WORDS!

Si.

For the first time ever (now I think about it) I never saw the Brits this year.
    I don't get Gavin and Stacey anyway sorry, so I had a feeling they wouldn't be any good.
    I support the Pet Shop Boys getting this award.
    And I wanted to see Iron Madien win best live but now they have it's like
    "Hang on? What's just happened?"
    I dont believe in Chris Martin so I would have loved to have seen their defeats.
    Not heard Pet Shop Boys new song, but seen many internet threads remarking on it.

Watched a few minutes of it, but the fact that the best solo male we have to offer is Paul Weller, was just too depressing for words.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

It's very skewed. Who is more successful in terms of popularity and sales and relevence, Paul Weller or the Sugababes? Yet he gets nominated for an award and they don't. Leona ought to have won something as well.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Keane deserved a nomination for best album/best British band IMO.

Maybe they missed the cut off date and will be nominated next time round. There's strict, strange rules about dates and stuff.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Even I couldn't be bothered starting a thread this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Maybe they missed the cut off date and will be nominated next time round. There's strict, strange rules about dates and stuff.

Si xx
    Indeed. There's an 18 month "window" (IIRC), so they could be nominated next year, depending when it was released?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Wayne Guest

So THIS is DUFFy.

I'd never heard her before i saw this on tv. She freakin awful!

Pip Madeley Guest

I think she's got a great voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZ5-L9znt8

Wayne Guest

Well she's not amazing or anything, but that's certainly a lot better than that shit coke advert!

We recently bought the new Warchild CD where she covers Live and Let Die. It was by far the weakest song on the whole collection. We didn't like the way she slurs all her words- it just sounded terrible.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Why was there a Scouting For Girls song in the Best British Single category in with all the hits?
    Says it all really, Scouting For Girls are contenders for the worst indie band in history.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Well she's not amazing or anything, but that's certainly a lot better than that shit coke advert!

They come up with the craziest flavors nowadays.... Wait, I think you might mean Diet Coke. That's certainly what it tastes like.

Wayne Guest