Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Episode 11: Combat

Are they taking the mickey? This one's penned by Noel Clarke. If Kidulthood is anything to go by, expect extreme violence!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Trudi G Guest

I think there may be a clue in the title.

Judging by the trailer, it features (finally) the return of the Weevils. I'm not sure how Torchwood can hope to defeat them, given that they wobble but they never fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Judging by the trailer, it features (finally) the return of the Weevils. I'm not sure how Torchwood can hope to defeat them, given that they wobble but they never fall down.

Are Geoff & Moo-mee-moo enjoying Torchwood?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

It's too adult for them.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's too adult for them.

Si xx
    and past their bedtime..

I can't watch this as I'll be in the pub. Good job I've read all the BIG SPOILERS!! for the final three episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    i was thinking the same thing
    they wobble but they never fall down

Good for Noel, he's written a belter. Very brooding, very dark, bit Fight Club-y (but since when have Who shows avoided stealing ideas?) and arguably the first time all five regulars get a bite of the cherry.

Trudi G Guest

I managed to get home in time to watch this, and i was impressed. It was dark and i wondered all the time where it was going - it kept me guessing until near the end. They just seem to be getting better and better.

That twist in the closing seconds was very good - I have to say I twigged it the moment Ianto left him alone, but up till then it hadn't occurred to me at all. It'll be interesting to see where (if anywhere) that goes before the end of the season next week!

That was quite frankly... fantastic!

one of the best so far!

Gripping, exciting, and good to finally see the Weevils getting some use in the series! Noel Clarke to write for Who? I hope so!

Owen being able to control the Weevils at the end was disturbing, particularly the pleasure that he seemed to gain out of it! I wonder where that'll take the series?

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

hugely enjoyable episode and possibly the best so far the fight senes were very graphic and disturbing - as for Noel Clarke, he certainly has a talant for writing and I hope we'll see more from him..

Is this one on tomorrow night?
    I am out there... somewhere.

10:30 tonight on BBC3, Andy, and/or 10:00 tomorrow on BBC2.

I didn't like this one as much, and I'm not sure why. There was nothing actually wrong with the episode, it just didn't excite me as much as a lot of the others had.

I agree with Paul, it was good but less fantastical (if the Weevils had been substituted for dogs, say, it would have been totally non sci-fi) so interested me less. Very grimy and gritty, I greatly enjoyed Owen's work undercover, he's such a great actor - he has an interesting face, it's always twisting and contorting! I just like watching him. And hurrah for no-one having sex for no reason this week.

There hasn't been a bad episode, but this was certainly one of the most gritty, least complex and therefore less intriguing for me.

Si.

Wayne Guest

Hmmmm....... Alright if you like Tarantino. Which i don't.
    It was ok. Nothing special though. I thought the bloke who played the main guest character was a really rubbish actor, which didn't help.
    The best bit for was the interpersonal stuff between Gwen & her b/f. Though Gwen is a selfish bitch. I'm going off her.

No way, it's her other half that's selfish! Telling her to "sit the ("Lame Duck") down", I'd have slapped him and left for good! He's obviously a bit of a loser anyway, a bum whose idea of a great joke is a stag do without a wedding, and who, judging by Gwen's having to look elsewhere for her sexual needs, is tiny in bed. Ditch the dude!

Si.

Oh dear. Watched with some non-fans who haven't seen it before (the g/f's family), and they were looking at me as if to say "why do you watch this rubbish?". I didn't have an answer. It didn't have one original idea in it, imo, Hustle meets Fight Club.

I've always wanted to watch Kidulthood, I hope it's better than that. It probably has better acting I guess.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Interesting to see Si & Wayne taking different sides in the Gwen/whatsisname debate (although I have a feeling Si may just be teasing us). Personally I think if your other half's boss turned up halfway through a meal and he/she left, you would be well justified in getting p***ed off!!

Wayne Guest

The b/f may not be a shining beacon of perfection but at least he's not deceitful.
    Besides, my comment wasn't really about the restaurant scene, it was Gwen's use of the amnesia drug to have his forgiveness that i thought, 'Yeah, she is a selfish bitch'.

But when did he last buy her flowers? HMMMM?

Si.

Wayne Guest

Maybe last week, Maybe last year. Who knows!?

Though FWIW, i don't think either the b/f or plasticine face are right for her, but at least Owen might've given her a taste of her own medicine.
    Last edited by Wayne; 28th Dec 2006 at 11:48 AM.