Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Harry Potter and The Half-Milked Tear (spoiler-free!)

Top MILF JK Rowling has revealed the title of the seventh Harry Potter book on her official website:

http://www.jkrowling.com/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6200745.stm

It's...

BIG BOOK TITLE SPOILERS BELOW!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Will you be buying it?

Have you finished reading the Half-Blood Prince yet?

I've got 200 pages to go until the end of the Order of the Phoenix.

I'll be buying it, and hoping not to have the outcome broadcast to me before finishing it.

Ditto (although to be fair, I managed that trick with the last two, so I'm fairly confident). I'm not really sure what, if anything, the title tells us - what are/is Hallows?

Meantimes, Little Miss and I, on our third go through the H-BPrince have only another seven chapters to go!!

Pip Madeley Guest

I was hoping it would be called "Harry Potter and the Silurians".

Hallow! Hallow! Hallow!

It's the worst title ever.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I have yet to get book six. When it comes out in paperback, I shall. Until then, I can wait.
    Last edited by Andy Frankham; 21st Dec 2006 at 10:03 PM.
    I am out there... somewhere.

I'll be getting the audio book first & then the Hardback when I need to. I'm near the end of PoA at the moment & intend to finish the last 3 before HPatDH comes out.

I must admit that I thought the title was obvious...or I'm being very silly & simplistic.
    I assumed that the title referred to the Horcruxes, them being 'deathly'...made after a significant death & doesn't 'hallows' refer to holy relics or some such. Now I know nor you or I would call the Horcruxes 'holy' but to the Death Eaters & Voldemort I'm sure they would be considered so.

Andy - the sixth book came out in paperback six months ago - cheapest price online is HMV.co.uk at exactly 6. I'll be getting it with Christmas money - haven't been in a rush as I'm only just over halfway through Order of the Phoenix! I've found it a very slow read and have been quite disappointed with it so far - though now that I'm commuting again, I'm reading more often now and certainly need to finish it off before the film is released next summer!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Once there's a publication date for the last one, I'll buy the first six and read them straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Andy - the sixth book came out in paperback six months ago - cheapest price online is HMV.co.uk at exactly 6.
    Really? How bizarre that I've never seen it anywhere. Guess I've not been looking hard enough. I shall have to open my eyes more now... Of course, it might have something to do with me not looking in the kiddies section much. But still, it being Christmas, you'd think Waterstone's would be advertising it big time...

*opens eyes*

Well, there ya go. Found it on play.com for 5.99. Ordered it, too. So, another book to add to my list... Will get to it once I've finished 'Light Before Day', and read Anne Rice's 'Christ The Lord', Karin Slaughter's 'Faithless' AND John Wyndham's 'The Chrysalids'.

Thanks for the head's up!

I've not read or seen any Harry Potter! Am I the only one in the world? I'll read them all one day.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I've not read or seen any Harry Potter! Am I the only one in the world? I'll read them all one day.

Si.

I've not read any yet. I had the feeling that reading them first would hurt my enjoyment of the movies. It seems that it is always the book fans who hate the movies. Of course, the last one wasn't so great as the first few, and I understand the book for that one was twice as long or something, so I guess it suffered from trying to cram too much in. I guess we can figure on that trend continuing unless they want to start making 3 1/2 hour LotR epics...

Are they going to make movies of all the books?

Si.

I thought that was the plan. The fifth movie is out next year and the sixth is scheduled for 2008.

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=harry+potter

I've not ready of them yet or seen the movie. I haven't seen Lord of The Rings either and frankly I don't even care.

The HP book titles are very Hinchliffe era Who in their old fashioned b-movie feel. It's nice.

Interesting news item here including some speculation about the final book. An interesting idea is mentioned towards the bottom of the page, which intrigued me - arguably it might be a spoiler (although it's only speculation at this point) so you have been warned!

Edited to AddAnd even though there isn't even an official release date, the next book's children and adult editions are currently the top two best-sellers on Amazon!
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 26th Dec 2006 at 9:52 PM.

It's certainly a possibility.

Well, the wait is nearly over.
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on Saturday 21st July at 00:01.

It was confirmed on JKRowling.com about 12:30.
    Less than 5 months to go.

Have you pre-ordered yours yet?

Still reading number 5 - some 550 pages in, and it doesn't seem to have any plot at all! Very disappointed with this one.

Bought number 6 for Christmas but in no rush to read it - definitely won't start it until after I've seen the film of number 5 this summer. Otherwise it'll confuse me too much!

I must admit that I found OotP the hardest to finish & after going through it several times it remains my least favourite. I do quite like HBP though.

I think overall I prefer OotP to HBP - although the former has, frankly, a pretty scant plot, I do think it holds together a bit better than HBP, which (although the Voldemort life story stuff is interesting enough) doesn't really ever get going. Even the climax, which ought to have been very dramatic, is a bit lacklustre, appearing out of nowhere rather than with any genuine build-up. Although I suspect HBP may fit better as part of the series once we have the conclusion.

The trailer for the OotP film looks rather good though!

We're currently re-reading GoF, and I'd forgotten what an enjoyable read it is.

I agree with you Andrew, JKRowling said that HBP is the first half of the final story & I'm sure I'll like it all the more when I get DH.
    I think I like it because it is such a nice read after the preceding book.

I'm quite looking forward to the OotP film, it'll be interesting to see what they left out.

I'm up to chapter 8 of GoF and it really is a good book.

I agree with you Andrew, JKRowling said that HBP is the first half of the final story & I'm sure I'll like it all the more when I get DH.
    Lets hope they film the last two movies at the same time then and they get released closer together.. The way it's going the stars will be in their 20's before the final film gets released!

You might not have the regulars in the last two movies. There is talk that Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) doesn't want to do any more.