Default The 25 best Cybermen moments

A new DVD boxset is promising a documentary covering the 25 best Cybermen moments... so before it's release, what are your 25 (or however many you can be bothered with) Cybermen moments, old series and new?

I'll give you a clue - they all happen in 'The Five Doctors' and 'More Than 30 Years In The TARDIS'.

Anyway, I'll come back later with my list of TOP Cybermen moments!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Surely top has to be cyberman 1 chatting with cyberman 2 as they hang around outside one of the freighter silos in Earthshock.
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

The "Aaaaaah" in Five Docs is a personal favourite.

Silver Nemesis - Lady Peinforte fires an arrow out of the window. A Cyberman gingerly approaches the arrow with a device like a geiger counter. 'GOLD!' he cries. All the Cybermen camply throw their arms in the air and mince away.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"This is most rational Doctor!"

I LOVE that line. What would a Cyberman say if you were suddenly really nice to it? Would it suspect treachery and destroy you? Would it's logical mind simply detect the inconsistency and deny it? No, it says the virtual equivilent of "Well, that's jolly nice of you I must say! Cheers!"

Si.

Wayne Guest

I love virtually everything that Christopher Robbie's Cyberleader ever says, but unfortunately some of you will be unable to appreciate it.

I love it when they all mill around confused in the smoke making Mr Punch noises in Tomb!

Oh and the "Clever! Clever! Clever!" and "Foolish Earth Brains!" lines from The Moonbase.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I like the bits in 'The Tenth Planet' where the Cybermen keep missing their cues to open their mouths.

OK - End of part two of Tomb of The Cybermen. I watched this for the first time totally unaware that there was any alternative to the 'macho' voices of the 70's and 80's Cybermen. There's that awesome build up to the cliffhanger, as the Cybermen burst from their tombs and reveal the Cybercontroller. Then he stalks up to the screen... his mouth drops open... and this terrifying electronic scraping voice comes out! 'You belong to us. You will be like us.'

I was stunned!

The coolest Cyber moment might be in "Army of Ghosts" when they get a sneaky one over on the Daleks.

Cyberman: Our species are similar, though your design is inelegant.
    Dalek Thay: Daleks have no concept of elegance!
    Cyberman: This is obvious.

Si.

My favourite moment is the Cyberman in Earthshock who laughs at Adric when he realises that he's doomed to die on the freighter.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Or, from the Five Doctors Commentary, Terrance Dicks saying 'There goes Eric Saward, bigging up his wretched Cybermen again!'

Lovely moment.

I want to nominate the end of Part One of Silver Nemesis purely because I didn't know they were going to be in the episode and I was amazed.

I thought they were going to be in Dragonfire though.

I was so sweet and young and my life had just begun.

I could be wrong, but I expect the documentary to be treat filled.

The debate between the Doctor and the Cyberleader in Earthshock part 3, where the Cyberleader 'wins' the argument by threatening Tegan's life.

The end of Earthshock part 1 - it's not a great moment now, when you know it's coming, but for just a little while back in 1982 it was THE MOST AWESOME MOMENT IN DR WHO EVER!!!

Their first appearance at the end of part 1 of The Tenth Planet, coming out of the snow. I'm in the camp that really likes the original look/sound of the Cybermen, so that moment still works for me.