Thread: The IT Crowd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The IT Crowd

Any fans of this show on PS? Written & directed by Graham Linehan (creator of Father Ted & Big Train), and sometimes starring comedy "god" Chris Morris, I really enjoyed the first series earlier this year on C4.

Started watching the dvd of series 1 last night, well, only had time for the deleted scenes. The dvd menus are superb though, they're all 'Manic Miner' (or maybe the follow-up?) moving screen shots!

I think Series 2 starts on January 5th, has anyone heard any more about it, will Chris Morris return?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Really takes me back to the days when I had my Sinclair Spectrum

5th January is much nearer than I thought, but the sooner the better!

I didn't know it was returning quite so soon, tis good news though, finally they'll be something on C4's friday night line up that's worth watching again.

I'm not sure about whether or not Morris will be returning, I've heard he's either making Nathan Barley series 2 or a thing about suicide bombers, but I haven't heard anything about his involvement in the IT Crowd this year...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

What!? Chris Morris might not be in the next series of 'The IT Crowd'!?!?!?

WhiteCrow Guest

Back for a second series? Superb!

Sometimes a bit ropey, but the episode where everyone thinks the IT Manager is dead is one of the best comedies of the year.

I enjoyed the first series, hopefully Chris Morris will be back, as his brief eratic appearances were the best thing in the first series

WhiteCrow Guest

I've worked IT support and can tell you the world is full of 12 o'clock flashers ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twelve+o'clock+flasher

1. twelve o'clock flasher
    15 thumbs up

A person with no idea how to use any kind of technology. The joke is, all digital clocks, stereos, DVD players, VCRs and so on have their displays flashing 0:00 or 12:00 (twelve o'clock) because the person in question has no idea how to set the time, let alone use any other function offered.

{When standing behind someone at an ATM for a very long time} - What is taking him so long? He must be a twelve o'clock flasher..

I knew i was dealing with a twelve o'clock flasher when she put the CD in data side up.

Can you believe it?! He was trying to use his DVD-ROM to read a floppy! Bloody twelve o'clock flashers!

2. twelve o'clock flasher
    3 up, 7 down

tech support term
    will never be able to fix the problem on the computer
    a person who will never and should never be let near a computer.

We've got a twelve o'clock flasher

Trudi G Guest

Can't wait for this - tho i thought Matt Berry was going to be in this series - so maybe he's taking over as the manager?

Pip Madeley Guest

I've heard from Digital Spy that they won't be showing series two for another few months - apparently the new C4 show Ugly Betty "has taken priority and will be taking the Friday night slot accompanying Celebrity Big Brother evictions"

So we're looking at springtime, March or April.

Good to see C4 prioritising homegrown comedy.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Trudi G Guest

*******s.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I've heard from Digital Spy that they won't be showing series two for another few months - apparently the new C4 show Ugly Betty "has taken priority and will be taking the Friday night slot accompanying Celebrity Big Brother evictions".
    Yes, the American version of "ugly" which for Betty is a girl with supermodel looks hidden behind glasses, braces and a dodgy haircut. I've seen the posters and find her strangely attractive in a Velma kind of way.

Do they not have real ugly people over in America? I've had to sit through The Devil Wears Prada where half the jokes were people telling Anne Hathaway she was so fat because she was a size 6 dress size. Considering it came from America, the home of the morbidly obese, they say Americans can't do irony!

Sorry I'm starting to get a little nasty there.

Can't wait for this - tho i thought Matt Berry was going to be in this series - so maybe he's taking over as the manager?
    I've just heard that this is the case, so there's going to be no Chris Morris in it anymore.

I'll still watch it, but it just won't be the same. Probably.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, series 2 should air within the next few months, we hope, and there's some confirmed facts:

• Chris Morris will return as Denholm (pretty much the same, but shorter hair)
    • Noel Fielding will also make a reappearance as goth Richmond
    • Matt Berry joins the cast as Douglas, some kind of new recruit who has a massive impact on the IT team...
    • The basement will look a little different - tidier, mainly - and we'll get to see the kitchen for the first time
    • Jen's office is decorated/more girly this time round
    • One episode is entitled 'The Joy of Sex' and was the final episode to be recorded, on 4th May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Well, series 2 should air within the next few months, we hope, and there's some confirmed facts:

• Chris Morris will return as Denholm (pretty much the same, but shorter hair)
    Hurray!

Just seen a trailer. The new series begins 24th August. Hooray!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Hurrah! Saxondale and the IT Crowd back, FINALLY, some great comedy on TV again!

And shouldn't The Mighty Boosh be back soon too?

The IT Crowd is back soon, fan-bloody-tastic!!!!!!! It is one of those series that makes me feel almost normal!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

WhiteCrow Guest

Last season was a bit of a mixed bag, although "The Haunting of Bill Crouse" was one of the funniest things I saw last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post

[LIST][*]Chris Morris will return as Denholm (pretty much the same, but shorter hair)
    Unfortunately he only appears in the second episode, apparently, and not the whole series. Which makes me a sad Alex.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

To be honest, I was surprised he did the whole first series - he's not the kind of man who'd do a sitcom, let alone for someone else...

I kind of like the way he's so unpredictable and doesn't always do 'serious comedy', if you get what I mean. His little role in I'm Alan Partridge is a really nice moment, and his radio stuff from the early nineties is superbly silly in places as well, so I wasn't too surprised to see him do The IT Crowd. Though I did hear it was as a favour to Grahame Lineham as the original actor dropped out near to the beginning of shooting, but I don't know if that's true or not. I certainly wish he'd do more of that kind of comedy, whilst I like Nathan Barley and Jam, the last thing he's done which I've been really passionate about was Brasseye...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

That's sad news. To cheer myself up, I'd just like to say what a cracking pair of legs Jen has.

Steve speaks the truth.