Default Axl Rose announces Chinese Democracy!

Guns 'n' Roses frontman Axl Rose has announced that the next Guns 'n' Roses album, will be released on 6th March 2007, 14 years after the band's last release.

source: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003522196

what do we think? will it ever really be released? is it really a Guns 'n' Roses album without Slash, Duff etc.?

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I thought I'd be dead before it was released. It's been "Coming Soon" for years now.

It'll be a massive seller if/when it's finally released.

Wayne Guest

I had to think about the 'chinese democracy' bit there for a second! (Doh!) (clever-clever-clever)
    Was never dead keen on G&R. Some of the songs weren't bad actually, but i didn't like Axl's vocals much, (apart from the fact that he's an absolute ring piece) & the bass player & drummer were about as exciting as presets on a really cheap keyboard.
    Slash wasn't bad, but not as good the bloke from Aerosmith that he nicked all his licks from.
    Their version of 'Knocking On Heaven's Door' was worse than Dylan's & Clapton's put together, & that's saying something!

I've never been a fan, either. But I thought it was amusing that Rose has announced a release date!

I always thought that the album was like the idea of its title - never going to happen!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    I always thought that the album was like the idea of its title - never going to happen!

Ant x
    Quite.
    It's almost a thread in itself thinking of possible titles.
    'Truthful Politicians' anyone?

"Chinese Democracy" is the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident." In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.
    I didn't realise they did a 'covers' album! How naff. I hope the new album is cheap and cheesey for the faux-metal market. Woo!

13 million dollars to record an album? You could build a recording studio for that.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My favourite part of the "Chinese Democracy" development was when, a few years ago, he just turned up in a random club somewhere and played the whole album live to a handful of bemused drinkers! Class.

Si.

I've only listened to 'The Spaghetti Incident' about five times since I bought it.

Edited to add: Last played in 1996.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 22nd Dec 2006 at 6:27 PM.

The Spaghetti Incident was an awful album. Use Your Illusion and Use Your Illusion II were good albums though.

Didn't they announce last year that it would be released in March 2006? It's not the first time a date has been set, I'm sure. I hope it does come out, just to see what it is like. I was a big fan back in the day. I'd heard that Axl is into industrial metal and stuff back in the day and that alot of the new material was more that kind of stuff than the classic GnR.

Well, March has come and gone and there's still no sign of this being released. Although I've been told that there's some really good stuff on there, if you like that sort of music. Whether it's been worth the 13-year wait is another thing, though. I read somewhere that it's themost expensive album ever made...