Default The Planet Skaro Audios Season 2 Poll Results (finally!)

First of all an apology for the time it's taken for me to complie these results. Hope they're worth the wait.

Next another apolgy- we'll get the first part tonight and another part tomorrow. It takes some doing you know.

Thirdly thanks to everyone who voted- we're always happy to hear your feedback.

Now onwards and upwards: The Results!

Round 1: Favourite Story

1: Heist! ...............................16pts
    2. Eye of The Daleks............... 14pts
    3. The Paradise Machine.......... 10pts
    4. Christmas Spirits................... 8pts
    5. Curse of Ratanapura.............. 5pts
    6. Heart of the Haniad............... 1pt

A big thank you from me for everyone who voted Heist! top. I really didn't expect it to win against a group of such strong and popular stories.

Round 2: Favourite Villain

1= Tor Garane
    Leckard
    The Master
    Byron Zunestra ........... 12pts each!
    5. Jann Cordelis...................4pts
    6. Uxan..............................1pt

Obviously we all found it difficult to vote for a top villain and all 4 of the top spots are well deserved winners for being distinctive and well played villains.

Round 3: Best Supporting Character

1. Investigator Mills............... 12pts
    2. Daniel Everett.................... 7pts
    3. Grexos.............................. 6pts
    4= Jann Cordelis
    Lady Rosalind..................... 5pts
    6= The BARON of BorALIS
    Barrington Carrington
    Spirit of Love ....................4 pts
    9. Choo Dar........................... 3 pts
    10 Rusty............................... 2pts
    11= Mick Ridgeway
    Professor Thrace............... 1pt

Ant's Mills was out in front from the start. And quite right too!

Round 4: Favourite Monster

1. The Daleks..................... 22pts
    2. The Haniad .....................14pts
    3. The Krotons...................... 9pts
    4. The Robot Security Droids ....5pts

The Daleks were going to won from this fro the off. Wayne's brilliant Dalek vocals were the highlight of the story for many of us, simply because you could tell how much fun he was having while performing them!

Round 5: Favourite Bonus Story

1= Unknown Variables
    Enjoy Your Shoes
    2 Tea with the Trods

A win for Mr Alexander it seems!

More tomorrow!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You can't go wrong with Wayne's Daleks

And bravo for the villains - we've had some superb evil characters this past year.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

1: Heist! ...............................16pts
    2. Eye of The Daleks............... 14pts
    3. The Paradise Machine.......... 10pts
    Yay, my Top 3 stories are all in the Top 3, & the Daleks rule supreme!

Thanks everyone, but most of all Congrats for a thoroughly great season!

Congratulations to the winners!

I think 'Heist!' stands as a truly unique story, and a worthy winner. I had great fun recording it.

I'm happy to see that my first story went down so well as well - and Tor Garane, Leckard and Mills have all been popular characters!

And now for Part 2!

Round 6: Favourite Scene
    1. The Doctor and the Master face each other...........................14pts
    2. Rosalind's farewell to the Doctor...........................................1 1pts
    3. The Daleks shock appearance........................................ ........6pts
    5= The Doctor is revealed to be Jann's dining partner
    .... Ed enters the TARDIS for the first time...................................5pts
    7. The Doctor gives Ed the cold shoulder for wanting to kill Uxan......4pts
    8= The Doctor meets Tor Garane
    .....Doctor, Nick and Rob escape from Mogador..............................3pts
    10= Doctor, Nick and Rob repair the TARDIS
    Rob and Choo's big romantic scene
    Nick's Clear Waters fantasy........................................... ........1pt

The Doctor vs The Master always brings out the best in the actors on TV and it seems in the PS audios too.

Round 7: Best Line Of Dialogue
    1. "Mocha-Choca-Cappuccinos with caramel dips and fondant fancies all round then fellas!" 8pts
    2. "You stink of fish!"/"I'm a fisherman!" 7pts
    3= "My girlfriend would kill me if I got killed" / "No one would dare wear something so outré out of their house. You’re either a fool or a member of the fashion cognoscenti… or maybe just a dangerous dissident. Looking at you, it’s difficult to know which." / "Take the Doctor outside, see that he comes to some harm!" 6pts
    6. "You've got some nerve. I don't want your gratitude, I don't want anything to do with you. Ever. You can keep the gemstone and the guilt of knowing how many lives it cost you. I can't believe how much you've changed. Goodbye Rosalind." 5pts
    7. "Don't tell me the archectural configuration is on the blink again? Last time that happened we had to spend five days searching for the bathroom. That's not a time I want to live through again."/ "I nearly got trampled to death by thousands of pompous millionaires" / "The 21st century tailors, Burtons"/ "You certainly know your haberdashery Mr Zunestra" 3pts
    11. "Oh My God you've squashed my flowers!" / "The Baron of Boralis does not approve of such things!" / "You would be funny if you werent so pathetic. Ah well, I'll laugh anyway!" 2pts
    15. "It was the butler, in the drawing room - with the candlestick! Cluedo!" 1 pt

Hooray for Martin!

Round 8: Best Cliffhanger

1. Eye of the Daleks : Kroton appears as the Dalek Ships go into battle. 17pts
    2.The Curse of Ratanapura: There are gunshots from the landing... 12pts
    3. The Paradise Machine: "Even a Time Lord's luck doesn't last forever!" (droids fire) 10pts
    4. Heist!: "Anyone who tries to double cross me will end up…. VERY, VERY DEAD!" 7pts
    5. The Paradise Machine: Nick announces there are Daleks in the TARDIS! 6pts
    6. Heart of the Haniad: Ed's Fiat Marvel plummets towards the surface of the asteroid 2pts

The return of old enemies is popular on ps too!

Round 9: Best Moment

1. The Doctor fondly recalls Ed: "We’d been shopping for a new trellis for the TARDIS gardens, when we bumped into the Master.Well, that was until Ed cleverly tripped him up with a strategically placed rake." 13pts
    2. "Hands off! This jacket is a Guuuuucci"/"Yeah from a world where Gucci own Primark!" 9pts
    3. "The Clear Waters appreciation society..."/"Quiet you!" 8pts
    4. "WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT T?" 7pts
    5= The Doctor sings/ Vera re-appears in the TARDIS 5pts
    7= The Doctor, Nick and Rob argue about daytime TV personalities/ "Why do we only ever visit space stations with gay names?" 3pts

Hooray for fond reminscences I say. Great line that!

Round 10: Favourite Type Of CD Bonus Feature

1: Minisodes 17pts
    2. Making Of Documentaries 16pts
    3. Short Stories/ Out-takes 7pts
    4. Trailers 2pts

The Minisodes have proved very popular it seems, but we can revela we have a good mix of them all coming up with the new season!

Round 11: Favourite Cover

1. Curse of Ratanapura 16pts
    2= Heist!/ Eye of the Daleks 14pts
    4. The Paradise Machine 5pts
    5. Christmas Spirits 1pt

Curse's moody cover was very popular with everyone, and quite right too. Big thanks to Pip for his wonderful design skills on these great covers.

And that's it. Thank you again to all who took part and for everyone's continuing support. We wouldn't do it if you lot didn't enjoy what we do.

Next time someone else can compile the results- it's been tiring work!

Si xx

Congratulations to Paul Clement, writer of the Best Scene winner, and all the other winners too!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm quite chuffed that Rosalind's farewell to the Doctor was so well received. A big thanks has to go to Ali for getting her delivery of the last line absolutely spot on ("Yes... he is...") because that was exactly as I'd written it, and when I was putting that scene together I knew I was creating something rather special and I'm glad people enjoyed it.

Congrats to Paul and Si for getting the best cliffhanger - I tried hard to make sure my Kroton voice was recognisable enough!

As for the covers, I was really looking forward to seeing these results and I'm thrilled 'Curse' won because I thought it was such a bold image, just the Doctor on his own for once; quite frankly I was expecting 'Eye' to run away with the points given the presence of all those Daleks.

Three of this year's covers have been completed, and I hope people will like them.

Three of this year's covers have been completed, and I hope people will like them.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with Pip!

Si xx

I just want to say well done to Ant for his 'Mills' character. I know he was pleased with it, so he will be chuffed that he won that category!!!