Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You're only as young as the man you feel.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    even though all the extras have been cleared I'm still putting my money on a January 2010 release date.
    Hope you didn't put too much on.....

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10125...searchsource=0

August 10th. Woo!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Excellent work today Steve! We might just have finished The War Games in time for this one!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Excellent work today Steve!
    That's what comes from being unemployed!

I've gotten a bit bored of the recent releases (and am still 'stuck' on Deadly Assassin), but today's listings have changed things!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've just smashed my TV in in joy! 29 episodes on DVD in 10 weeks!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Triple Yay!

3 of my fave Davo stories!

very pleased - shame it's not being released 2 weeks earlier as it would of made a very nice birthday present for me.

DVD TIMES has the boxset cover art up for this-not sure if its been mentioned already?

Mawdryn Undead:

Commentary - with actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson and Nicholas Courtney, script editor Eric Saward.
    Who Wants to Live Forever? - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Peter Davison, Nicholas Courtney, Mark Strickson, David Collings and Lucy Benjamin, director Peter Moffatt, script editor Eric Saward and plastic surgeon Dr. Simon Withey. Narrated by Floella Benjamin.
    Liberty Hall - a new drama. Journalist Philip Clarke (Simon Ockenden) travels to Brendan School to interview Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart.
    Deleted and Extended Scenes
    Film Trims - film trims from the location filming, including clapperboards and cast and crew setting up and performing various takes.
    Out-takes - the producer's blooper reel.
    CGI Effects
    Continuity
    Photo Gallery
    Set Photo Gallery - set design photos from the story.
    Isolated Score - option to watch the story with the isolated music score.
    Coming Soon
    Programme Subtitles
    Subtitle Production Notes

Terminus:

Commentary - with actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson and Sarah Sutton, writer Stephen Gallagher.
    Breaking Point - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson, Sarah Sutton and Martin Potter, director Fiona Cumming, writer Stephen Gallagher, designer Dick Coles, camera supervisor Alec Wheal and sound supervisor Scott Talbott. Narrated by Floella Benjamin.
    Origins of the Universe - Sir Patrick Moore and, Dr. John Mason take a look at the science behind the Big Bang and the origins of the universe.
    Original Storyboards - production storyboards for the spaceship sequences, plus how the shots were realised on screen.
    Unused Model Shots - a selection of unused takes from the model effects shoot, taken from a timecoded production tape.
    CGI Effects, Photo Gallery, Isolated Score, Coming Soon, Programme Subtitles & Subtitle Production Notes

Enlightenment :

Commentary - with actors Peter Davison and Mark Strickson, writer Barbara Clegg and director Fiona Cumming.
    Winner Takes All - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson, Janet Fielding, Keith Barron, Christopher Brown and Leee John, director Fiona Cumming, writer Barbara Clegg, costume designer Dinah Collin and camera supervisor Alec Wheal. Narrated by Floella Benjamin.
    Casting Off! - an actor's view of working on Doctor Who. With Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Mark Strickson, Keith Barron, Christopher Brown and Leee John, with director Fiona Cumming.
    Single Write Female - writer Barbara Clegg looks back on her career and the writing of 'Enlightenment'.
    The Story of the Guardians - the Guardians have appeared in Doctor Who as far back as Tom Baker's era… but who - or what - are they? With Robert Luckham (son of the late White Guardian, Cyril Luckham), Sarah Leppard (daughter of the late Black Guardian, Valentine Dyall), Doctor Who Magazine editor Tom Spilsbury and Doctor Who Adventures editor Moray Laing.
    Storyboards - a dual-angle feature, in which visual effects supervisor Mike Kelt uses the original storyboards to explain how he went about planning and shooting the model effects sequences for the show.
    Photo Gallery, Isolated Score, Coming Soon, Programme Subtitles & Subtitle Production Notes

I could have predicted that cover, however it doesn't chgange the fact that I'm really looking forward to this set!

Si xx

Lucy Benjamin

Narrated by Floella Benjamin.

plastic surgeon Dr. Simon Withey.
    ??

Philip Clarke

Shame Liza Goddard isn't back for "Terminus". Or Dominic Guard. Or the original Jack Sugden. But we do get the Camera Supervisor.

No bloody Lynda Baron on "Enlightenment" either! And not sure what insight into the concept of the Guardians is going to be gleaned from the children of the actors who played them.

What happened to the "Enlightenment" re-edit then??

Si.
    Last edited by Si Hunt; 28th Jun 2009 at 5:42 PM. Reason: Confusion: Colin Baker was never married to anyone who was in "Brush Strokes"

We've been waiting ages for them to interview Alec Wheal since he worked on every story between 1981 and 1985.

Si xx

So do we think thousands of Who fans miss out on an "Enlightenment" extra because of toys being thrown out of prams between the RT and Brendan Sheppherd?

Si.

Ooh, but tucked away... CGI effects on "Mawdryn"! Nice!

Si.

Who's going to have a more relevent contribution to make to this set?

Who you gonna hire? Can't we have a vote! We badly need one of us working behind the scenes on these things to steer them towards the icons.

Si.

Ahhh! Stop yer whinging Mr Hunt!

Si xx

They also haven't listed the extras cleared at the BBFC for the second disc of Enlightenment at all, so I suspect all this stuff-

00:02:08:22 BBC 1 - DOCTOR WHO - ENLIGHTENMENT (CONTINUITY)
    00:03:30:11 RUSSELL HARTY: CHRISTMAS PARTY - BROADCAST - 21 DECEMBER 1982 (ARCHIVAL TV FOOTAGE)
    00:05:32:00 ENLIGHTENMENT - FILM TRIMS
    00:14:20:09 RE-ENLIGHTENMENT (FEATURETTE)
    00:02:33:18 ORIGINAL EDIT COMPARISON - ENLIGHTENMENT - PART THREE
    00:08:28:00 FINDING MARK STRICKSON (INTERVIEW)
    00:07:44:21 FINDING SARAH SUTTON (INTERVIEW)
    00:01:57:15 PHOTO GALLERY - MAKING THE GUARDIAN TRILOGY DVD BOX SET (EASTER EGG)
    is still on its way, it just they haven't got it all down.

Si xx

Good news- someone on the new Gallifrey Base forum has had a review copy of the set and there is the fourth disc with the new edit of Enlightenment (which runs to 75 minutes) so it is included.

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Hold on...

three classic Fifth Doctor adventures
    Lies you see.

I wonder why Janet Fielding isn't involved in any of the commentaries/documentaries... perhaps she saw they were classic adventures and ran a mile.

Ahhh! Stop yer whinging Mr Hunt!
    I did praise the choice of narrator, the inclusion of Lucy Benjamin and the Mawdryn CGI! It's a balanced appraisal you see.

Si.

I'm a Doctor Who fan Si, I only focussed on the negative!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I wonder why Janet Fielding isn't involved in any of the commentaries/documentaries...

Mawdryn Undead:

Winner Takes All - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson, Janet Fielding, Keith Barron, Christopher Brown and Leee John, director Fiona Cumming, writer Barbara Clegg, costume designer Dinah Collin and camera supervisor Alec Wheal. Narrated by Floella Benjamin.

I bet someone's feeling a little silly right now.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

the new edit of Enlightenment (which runs to 75 minutes)
    Unusual that it's shorter than the original - so not intended as an extended edit then, maybe an attempt to turn it into a new series format episode?

Si.