Default Uneducated guesses about WHO is coming back!

HE is coming back through the darkness.

Who could it be? Let's look at the clues.

'The Darkness' - could it be Justin Hawkins? But it's 'through' the Darkness.

Four knocks... or is it four knockers? Could it be the Rani and Romana? Although they're not 'he' are they?

Is it Evil Doctor Who from Rose's dimension? He'd have to come back through the Darkness and tear the universe a new a-hole in the process.

What about Davros? We've only just seen him and he's still knocking about in our universe, so WHO knows?

Or perhaps it's the Master. But with a woman picking up the ring at the end of Last of The Time Lords, that seems unlikely too. HE is coming back, not SHE. And the Master was never that great anyway. Perhaps it's a rubbish premonition about things that have already happened to the Doctor. The Master came back through the Darkness.

Or maybe it's the MANDRAGORA HELIX. Because everyone wants that to come back.

Sutekh? Tony Orlando & Dawn? David Bowie?

Let's face it - it could be anyone! But it's probably....?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Let's look - as Sir Loyd used to say - at the evidence.

He - check.

Arriving around Christmas - check.

Darkness - check (he's too mean to pay for light bulbs and has certain artefacts that need to be kept away from daylight)

Four knocks - check (a handy system for asking Francois Devine whether he has his trousers on before opening his bedroom door - the reply is three raps on the inside of the door followed by two more on the outside as a failsafe and one more from the inside).

It can only be one man - he's coming back and he wants the Doctor's coat for his private collection.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Or perhaps it's the Master. But with a woman picking up the ring at the end of Last of The Time Lords, that seems unlikely too. HE is coming back, not SHE. And the Master was never that great anyway. Perhaps it's a rubbish premonition about things that have already happened to the Doctor. The Master came back through the Darkness.
    I think you're on the right lines with this one. I reckon:

Whilst the Master was on earth being Harold Saxon, whilst planning his takeover, he also formulated a contingency plan. He instructed Lucy Saxon to shoot him dead if, for any reason, he was defeated by the Doctor. He would then deliberately cancel his own regeneration, but the thing is, all his biodata was contained inside the ring (probably stole the idea from the Kastrians). Lucy would then retrieve the ring from his remains and use certain alien technology the Master hid on Earth during the UNIT years (just in case) to resurrect him.

At least, that's the kind of story I'd write. For extra fanboy points, have the Master travel through a wormhole to Steven's savage planet and inhabit his body à la Tremas.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

He - check.

Arriving around Christmas - check.

Darkness - check (he's too mean to pay for light bulbs and has certain artefacts that need to be kept away from daylight)

Four knocks - check (a handy system for asking Francois Devine whether he has his trousers on before opening his bedroom door - the reply is three raps on the inside of the door followed by two more on the outside as a failsafe and one more from the inside).

It can only be one man - he's coming back and he wants the Doctor's coat for his private collection.

There is literally no other explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    I think you're on the right lines with this one. I reckon:

Whilst the Master was on earth being Harold Saxon, whilst planning his takeover, he also formulated a contingency plan. He instructed Lucy Saxon to shoot him dead if, for any reason, he was defeated by the Doctor. He would then deliberately cancel his own regeneration, but the thing is, all his biodata was contained inside the ring (probably stole the idea from the Kastrians). Lucy would then retrieve the ring from his remains and use certain alien technology the Master hid on Earth during the UNIT years (just in case) to resurrect him.

At least, that's the kind of story I'd write. For extra fanboy points, have the Master travel through a wormhole to Steven's savage planet and inhabit his body à la Tremas.
    Well the Master was my first thought but I then thought that it could just be another hint that a regeneration is due & that the 'HE' is actually the new Doctor, Matt Smith.

Can I also ask, what is your fixation with Steven Taylor just recently? You've been going on about him being in the new series in a number of posts & I just don't get why.

Pip Madeley Guest

Maybe Mr Pavolva is Peter Purves' agent?

...or I saw his name mentioned as possibly being in the last special in the "What we KNOW about the Specials" thread.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Wayne Guest

The knock four times is a dead giveaway for The (so called) Master isn't it?
    Or is that too obvious? Maybe it's the postman with Tennant’s P45?

Well, considering your opinions on both John Simm and David Tennant, Wayne, I imagine you'd rather it were the P45, eh?

Wayne Guest

I'd rather see an episode featuring the Slitheen piloting self powered hot air balloons than have Simm's Master back.
    As for Tennant..... Daren't say too much. Dunno what the new kid's gonna be like yet.

Pip Madeley Guest

Who says Simm would be back? A lady picked up the ring...

Yes... and why KNOCK when you can RING? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh???
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Who says Simm would be back? A lady picked up the ring...
    Of course, yes, Keeley Hawes took over his role, didn't she?

Oh, hang on, wrong series.....

Pip Madeley Guest

I think it's June Whitfield as the Master.