Default What music are you looking forward to in 2007?

In my opinion, 2006 has been a fine year for music overall. Lots of good music, lots of likeable bands around and some fun singles.

But what are you looking forward to in 2007? Are any of your favourite artists due to make new albums? Anyone reforming that you like? What are your predictions for the year?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm looking forward to new albums from Marillion, Megadeth, Metallica, Area 54, Blaze and Judas Priest!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Kylie's new album is apparently penciled in for the autumn which will be 4 years since her last studio album and should be great if it's anything like her recent new material from the Ultimate: Kylie sessions. Also expecting new albums from Mel C though I'm not expecting it to be a classic and apart from that I don't know. Most of the big icons have recently released albums so I don't know what to expect so far. I'm curious to hear Natasha Bedingfield's new album seeing as her last one was rather good. We might get something from Mrs Ritchie but it might be a one off single rather than an album. Wonder if we'll get the Michael Jackson album that's in the works? Be six years since his last...

Apart from that we shall see, yes we shall see.

A new Hanson is due in March, and is bound to be good. And I'd be very surprised if Golly Miss Dolly didn't knock one out in the Spring, given it's rare for her to go even this long without an original release, and it's now four years since her last album of almost completely new songs.

Si.

I have no idea what is being unleashed in 2007, although it will be nice to hear something new from Ms. Bedingfield, the future Mrs. Tudor.

I'm looking forward to the new album from Neil Finn which is due in a matter of months. That will no doubt be a big favourite for me.
    There's also the new Super Furry Animals album on the way too, which should be good if they're on form and I'm hoping for someting new from Franz Ferdinand too, with any luck.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I can't wait (no I just can't wait another minute) for the debut album by Leona Lewis. I really think it'll be one of the best albums ever and contain some really original and exciting pop songs and not one dull ballad and not one dull cover version.

Oh.