Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Martin's Tor Garane sounds really slimy and horrible when you listen to him with headphones. Its like he's slobbering in your ear. But in a good way!

I listened to this last night and I thought it was fantastic. The story grabbed you from the very start. In some parts you were wanting to laugh and in others you were just grabbed by the seriousness. I really enjoyed it.
    The acting was fantastic P-Bal's Madame President was spot on and I hope we hear more from the President. Pip's Baron Of Boralis was fantastic as well, it was great the way that he went from the shouty to caring and you really felt for him. Martin Penny's Tor Garane was fantastically manacing you could hear the creepyness ousing from the headphones. Fantastic work from all involved.
    If this is a taste of what's to come I can't wait for season 3 of Planet Skaro audios.
    Btw the cover is fantastic as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Chris!

Si.

I enjoyed the references to a certain loud bearded actor!
    And "Chester O'Neill" was rather good

Pip Madeley Guest

"Garane's Alive?!" was my unscripted contribution.

Really? I'd never have guessed.

What does Mr Hunt mean by outtakes? P-Bal doesn't have outtakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Martin's Tor Garane sounds really slimy and horrible when you listen to him with headphones. Its like he's slobbering in your ear. But in a good way!
    The bit where I elongate the word 'Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' when talking to the Baron made me feel slightly ill when I listened to it the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberchris35 View Post
    I listened to this last night and I thought it was fantastic. The story grabbed you from the very start. In some parts you were wanting to laugh and in others you were just grabbed by the seriousness. I really enjoyed it.
    The acting was fantastic P-Bal's Madame President was spot on and I hope we hear more from the President. Pip's Baron Of Boralis was fantastic as well, it was great the way that he went from the shouty to caring and you really felt for him. Martin Penny's Tor Garane was fantastically manacing you could hear the creepyness ousing from the headphones. Fantastic work from all involved.
    If this is a taste of what's to come I can't wait for season 3 of Planet Skaro audios.
    Btw the cover is fantastic as well.
    Glad you enjoyed it Chris!

You've summed up the way I wanted people to feel about the Baron. Pip brings a quiet/loud dignity to his lines, as well as great comedy value.

I'm glad you all seem to have enjoyed "A Baron For All Seasons". I'm pleased to be able to tell you that there is a gleaming new CD release for this story, and it's available right now!

This fulfils two purposes - firstly, it gives you the chance to keep your collections of Planet Skaro audio plays up to date (and if you are missing any, fear not as a re-issue schedule will be in force later in the year for anyone with any gaps), and secondly it allows us to share a sackful of exclusive bonus features produced during the making of the story. And thirdly, it gives us the chance to raise a bit of cash for charity with our endevours!

This time the charity is Refuge, which helps battered wives and kids. It pays for emergency accomodation and a helpline, amongst other things, so victims of domestic abuse don't just have to stick around and take it.

So for the cost of a 'whatever you want to give' donation to this important cause, you get a shiny new CD featuring our latest adventure, "A Baron For All Seasons". But what else?

Also on the CD is a new, feature-length story, "Hats and Hatbands", written by Andrew Curnow and read entertainingly by Steve Alexander. The story features the return of popular characters Harold and Hilda Harold the Hatmakers from early audio adventures "Echoes of the Protii" and "Magical History Tour". Also on the CD are scenes deleted from "Baron" during editing, and out-takes from the recording. In fact, it's packed full to bursting!

As if that isn't enough, we've upped our gain on CD production and made the packaging even more lavish - we now have the kind help of Stephen Morgan doing our printing for us, and the CD's now have shiny printed surfaces (rather than the old paper labels). This means they'll last forever! Just look at it!

Beautiful! So if you'd like a shiny CD, all you have to do is bung me a donation of any amount, plus £2 to cover postage and a jiffy, and e-mail me your address. Simple!

You can either send a cheque to Si Hunt, 13 Hazel Gardens, Sawbridgeworth, Herts CM21 9RD or Paypal to si_hunt99@yahoo.com, the same e-mail addy you need to use to send me the address you want your CD sent to.

Complete your PS Audios collection today and help kick off our charitable pot for this year - when the season is finished I'll be announcing how much we've raised, so let's see if we can make it a record amount!

Si.

Thanks for the namecheck here Si. It's been a pleasure printing out those discs and covers knowing the proceeds are going to a good cause and it's also giving enjoyment to the members of PS who buy them.
    I can see that good fun has been had by all who write and record these audio plays, long may they continue.

Wayne Guest

Haven't had chance to download, but 'll be purchasing via Paypal on Monday, Si.

Great, thanks Wayne and to the others who have e-mailed! The copies are dissapearing fast!

Si.

Can I get a copy from you this evening, Si? I'll do the necessary on-line today.

Ok Ant, I'll bring you along a copy!

Si.

Can you please save me a copy Si and I will put a check in the post on Thursday as I am a bit skint at the moment.

No problem Chris, have reserved you a copy!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    Can I get a copy from you this evening, Si?
    I'd like to do like wise, Si, if that's OK?

Congrat's to Steve on the superb printing, that does look brilliant!

And the same for us, but I'm sure you guessed that Si.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Certain people I know always want one so I make sure I have enough put by in reserve!

Si.

Could I also reserve a copy Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssi?

Me too, if there's any left Si? I'll PayPal you on Tuesday (aka payday) if that's OK.

Edited to Add: I'm finding myself getting very confused as to who is who, now that Paul, Si & Martin have such similar avatars!!!

Yes that's fine Martin and Andrew!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Have just sent my payment via Paypal.
    Will look forward to the CD.

I'll send mine once I've been paid!

I'll send mine once I've been paid!
    Damn! We'll have to find a cheaper Doctor. I've heard about this 'Matt Smith' guy, apparently he's not too expensive to hire?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!