Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

3.1A Hats and Hatbands

Focusing on occasionally recurring characters the Harolds and their hat shop, this short story in 4 chapters, written by Andrew Curnow with a great deal of wit and some great character descriptions, the introductions given to Harold Hat and Hilda Homburg as was (great choice of maiden name), and the Doctor when he finally appears are particular highlights.
    The story is extremely well read by Steve Alexander with a great range of comedic accents. Particular favourites are the policeman and the smarmy prosecutor although Steve's impersonation of Paul Monk's Doctor is also seems more convincing than his previous reading of Tea with the Trods, although I can't quite put my finger on why this should be. Also very good pacing overall. Love the descriptions of all the characters especially the Doctor when he finally appears.
    A few other general points:
    Lovely music at the start of the story particularly amusing choice of music over the conclusion of the court case and the very conclusion of the story.
    Love the “thre-ding”
    Great use of chapter titles. Love the reveal at the end of chapter 2 that the Harolds sold a hat to Skagra!

Overall a very enjoyable story which I've only listened to twice but has really made me smile both times.

7/10

Bravo!

Si.

Steve's impersonation of Paul Monk's Doctor is also seems more convincing than his previous reading of Tea with the Trods, although I can't quite put my finger on why this should be.
    I practice day and night.

Thanks for the comments!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!