Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Planet Skaro Audio's are back!

The Doctor, Rob and Nick - back for new adventures!

For the first time since Christmas Spirits back in December, next week sees the launch of a brand new full length Audio adventure written by, starring and made by the posters of Planet Skaro! Hurrah! And not only that, but it marks the start of eight weeks of solid adventures in audio time and space as we unleash our longest season of continuing escapades ever! So what's in store?

Well, it's good for you but not so dandy for our Audio Doctor and his loyal companions, as they confront new threats, old friends and enemies from previous audio adventures, and even the odd foe from the telly! It's not going to be pretty!

Those of you that downloaded or kindly donated for a CD copy of A Baron For All Seasons, last months season prequel episode, will know that in the future things are far from sweet on Earth, with Tor Garane and the Galactic Bank buying Planet Earth itself. In our first story, Blood Money by Martin Penny, the Doctor (Paul Monk), Rob (Steve Alexander) and Nick (Dave Tudor) arrive to find the Doctor's favourite planet ravaged by a bloody battle. It's going to take all the Doctors know-how to defeat an old enemy, but perhaps even he can't stop one of his friends from becoming a casualty of war?

The story revisits the themes and characters seen both in April's prequel adventure and last years The Paradise Machine, not to mention holding a clever mirror up to a few problems we face in today's credit crunch world. But more importantly, its big bangs and manic excitement all the way in our opening adventure!

What's "Leutenant McCow" doing in the midst of battle?

For our second story, The Hand Of Peace by Jon Masters, we slip back to the present day, where The Doctor and Edward Bradley are helping UNIT investigate a sinister corporation who think they can sell the world a solution to all its problems. But if the Doctor is sure one of his own race is involved, has Ed, "man of a thousand faces" finally donned his last cunning disguise?

This story, a rare jaunt to our present day world, is quite unlike anything we've attempted before, as the Doctor and Ed swap spaceships and teleports for black cabs and private jets. But somehow "our" world seems all the more dangerous for that...

In our third adventure, The Wealth of Craytians by Lissa Levesque, the Doctor and Ed arrive on a spaceship in the far future where they become pawns in a deep space face-off between the Shroons and the Craytians. Only Ed's boldest cynicism, and the Doctors largest marker pen, can save them.

Like the previous story, Wealth marks the writing debut of a PS poster new to the audios, as popular Vervoid scribe Ms Levesque engineers an adventure for our heroes quite unlike anything you've heard before. Those that are already fans of Lissa's writing will know they are in for a treat!

The Doctor and Ed are helping UNIT

The season concludes with The Kalrexi Mutation, in which the TARDIS lands in a sinister monkey-infested jungle, and a Robinson Crusoe is keeping more in his little hut than wee wine. But Rob and Nick have other problems to contend with - and something quite unusual has happened to the Doctor...

For obvious reasons, we won't be revealing too much about the season's final story just yet - but expect a bit of a mystery, and a few surprises along the way...

Who is this insane stranger, lurking in the jungles of Kalrexi?

It's taken almost a year to complete this brand new season of stories, but we hope we've showcased the amazing writing and acting talent that Planet Skaro has on these episodes, so sit back and enjoy!

As usual, all the episodes in the brand new Season are completely free to download, and kick off on Saturday 16th May with Episode 1 of Blood Money. So log on and download, to see what happens!

Si.

I can't wait the episodes look fantastic and full of excitement.

Ooh - that all sounds very exciting!

I like the mysterious stranger's hat and the way the Doctor looks much happier with Ed than with Rob and Nick!

I'm really looking forward to hearing these plays. There's some really exciting, different stuff coming up and more than a few surprises along the way too. There's a couple of plays I know very little about and I can't wait to hear all of them properly. I hope everyone enjoys them!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

This all sounds brilliant & I can't wait to hear how things go. Baron for all Seasons was very good & a great PSAudio MttU.

I do wonder why the identity of the author of the last play is a secret, is it a previously published writer?

The author of the last story is... Well I wouldn't like to say? Maybe he's decided to stay shrouded in mystery, or maybe he's insane like that mysterious man in the forest? Or maybe someone just forgot to mention it...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's just some old hack who doesn't deserve a credit!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm looking forward to seeing these stories finally being released - a lot of hard work, time, talent and patience have gone into the creation of these stories and I'd hope that every active member of PS will take the time to listen to them and feedback to us... and if anyone wants to get involved in their production, let us know! It's your forum.

I think bar the jacket, the Doctor needs to do a "Colin Baker" on his clothes!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing these stories finally being released - a lot of hard work, time, talent and patience have gone into the creation of these stories and I'd hope that every active member of PS will take the time to listen to them and feedback to us... and if anyone wants to get involved in their production, let us know! It's your forum.
    Well said Pip!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Great news! I'll sort out payment as & when we go along, but put me down for all the CD's!
    I have the full collection so far, & i want to keep it that way.

Thanks for your support on the CD front Wayne! There will (how did you guess) be sparkly CD releases for all four stories (and the covers and packaging designs are amazing! Wait til you see!) but I won't, of course, expect people to be four times as generous as they usually are for one CD! I'll be detailing some kind of system where you can either pre-order some or all the CD's in advance (and make your donation all at once) or make a smaller donation each time! I know people haven't got bottomless wallets!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Great Si. All sounds good.

In the words of cinema's Dr Who, Most exciting!

In related news, I believe Martin Penny knows where the actor behind cinema's Dr Who used to live...

Wayne Guest

left blank
    Last edited by Wayne; 6th May 2009 at 6:22 PM. Reason: oops - I thought i was on the Random Thread. Doh!

Right blank

I'm wearing the same top right now as I am in that picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    In related news, I believe Martin Penny knows where the actor behind cinema's Dr Who used to live...
    I have seen him buying vegetables.

I'm really looking forward to this series, it seems to be darker in tone than previous seasons...
    Last edited by Martin Penny; 6th May 2009 at 7:53 PM.

Forget Planet of the Dead. Forget Waters of Mars.

This is the most exciting DW event of 2009 !

(except I'm away on Cub camp on the 16th May )

Please put me down for a set of CDs too Si
    Bazinga !

I'm looking forward to seeing you interviewed for PSDWConfidential, Jon!!

I'm wearing the same top right now as I am in that picture!
    Martin, that's outrageous!

Si.

I assume it's been washed since the picture was taken...

Pip Madeley Guest

In twenty years we'll be auctioning that shirt to some fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I assume it's been washed since the picture was taken...
    None of us has washed since those pictures were taken.

I can't wait to hear the finished products!

Si, I'll get a payment to you soon but could you put me down for a complete set of cd's.
    Cheers!

Will do! It would be a bit shameful if they ran out before The Doctor got his copies!

Si.