Wayne Guest

Default Just curious....

What's so special about 'Fate'?
    ie: How come i can't look at this person's profile, but he or she can look at others?

See?
    Can we block others from viewing our profiles then? How is this done? Not that i want to do so particularly, but it's something i didn't know was possible.
    I can view everyone else's profile. I've never come across this before, so i just wondered what the score is?

May be they were looking at their own profile?

And what is that "STOP" that you have next to your name? Is this another thing that I'm not allowed to have?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    And what is that "STOP" that you have next to your name? Is this another thing that I'm not allowed to have?
    That's the symbol which shows that i can't look at Fate's profile.
    The screen shot somehow took what i was looking at a few seconds before. If it was strictly 'live', it would've shown me as "Viewing Who's Online", which is obviously what i was doing at the time i took the screenshot.

I think the STOP sign is what Wayne's referring to, Tim.

I don't know the answer to the question Wayne - I've just tried to view Fate's profile, and I've been able to (albeit there's nothing on it). But I'm not sure whether that's because of my awesome Modlike powers!

Can I just ask - are you able to view everybody else's profile OK?

Fate isn't even showing up in the members list when I just searched?

Hi Tim - On my screen at least, Fate is listed near the bottom of the page as 'newest member' (in the bar inbetween Currently Active Users, and Birthdays).

Assuming you can see that, could you just click on Fate, and let us know if you can see his/her/its User Profile? If so, then it would seem to be a problem at Wayne's end (as it were); if not... I'll have to summon Pip 'n' Phil to have a look into it.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    are you able to view everybody else's profile OK?
    Yep.

Ah yes, I had that bit minimised. I got the message:-

Dirk Gently, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1 Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2 If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Fate probably isn't a activated member yet. Pip has to OK everyone.

Wayne Guest

If that's the case then it's slightly odd because i had exactly the same experience with Fate, some weeks ago. Although i didn't mention it at the time. It was only today when the same thing happened again, that it jogged my memory.

I got the same as Tim

Maybe anthropomorphised deities don't have profiles.

Mind you, I do worry that the next member might talk only in CAPITALS and have a horse called Binky....
    Bazinga !

I've activated the Tech Signal, and even now the red phone will be flashing in the Technical Admin's super secret cave.

So, as soon as they've worked out which way round the underpants and trousers should go, either Pip or Phil will hopefully have a look into this.

It all goes to show, you should never mess with Fate.

Si.

Let's hope it isn't another Lucy Saxon.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

That's sort of correct - yes I do validate new members manually, but they also have to activate their account, by clicking an activation link sent to them in an automatic e-mail sent at the time of registration.

Fate's account is now active, so hello! Introduce yourself here

well ive waited a week fr my account to be activated by the management. but i have to say readng this thred hasnt been the best of welcomes to a sight.

Pip Madeley Guest

Don't take it personally - it's just that we've never encountered that particular happening before!

Sorry to hear you've been waiting a week - I do try to check the list as often as possible. I hope you'll have a look around before you decide what to think of us

well ive waited a week fr my account to be activated by the management. but i have to say readng this thred hasnt been the best of welcomes to a sight.
    On the contrary, it just goes to show we were concerned about you! We often have discussions like this to try and resolve any problems that crop up with the working of the forum.

Welcome to Planet Skaro anyway! And rest assured that Pip has been dragged into a dark room and beaten with rusty strands of barbed wire and grit for not activating your account sooner.

Si.

thanks

Wayne Guest

It was never about you Fate. It was a technical query. It could've been anyone. Once you relax into posting, you'll find that the folk here are a great bunch.

Hello fate!

Weclome to PS anyway
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hey Fate.

Welcome to PS.
    Tom Simpson
    My Top Three: "The War Games", "The Caves of Androzani" & "Time-Flight".