Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Martin gives me some great lines
    I must admit...I thought you did that as an ad-lib! I might be wrong, but I remember that being something that we came up with on the day...

I also love Nathaniel's howl after he receives the insult!

Why so, Jon? Very intrigued to know what you think is going to happen!
    I'd also be interested to hear your prediction Jon!

Pip Madeley Guest

Ah. In that case I claim credit for everything.

Sorry Pip, it's in the recording script I have here! Must have been a very last minute addition by someone.

Si.

There was about four people adding lines to the Nathaniel scene in the end! Did you need to cut much of that scene Si, as I'm sure it must have ended up being one of the longest!

Yes I did. I didn't feel too bad though, because most of it I added in the first place.

Basically when I read the script I thought it was great, but in particuarly I really liked the character of Nathanial and felt it was a shame he didn't have more to do. So I added lots more stuff to that scene to flesh him out. When I came to edit it though, I realised that all the new stuff didn't really add anything to the plot and made the episode too long, so I took most of it back out again!

There's probably a long deleted scene sitting on my hard disk which we'll have to put on-line at some point!

Si.

Thanks for the lovely comment about my performance Martin. That's made my day

BTW, what was going on with the conveniently-open hatchway towards the end of the episode? Was it some kind of series arc kicking off?
    Series arc?! Do you think we're organised enough to do that kind of thing? As if!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Don't let my Time & the Rani comment worry you Wayne, I think you'll really enjoy it!!
    Indeed i did. That was great fun!
    Massive compliments first of all for the superb production & sound. It really is all sounding very professional these days.
    The Performances are all enjoyable, & i'm really enjoying the fact that the audios are creating their own canon. I feel like i know the Baron & Tor Gorane as well as any characters from the 'real' series. Gotta say in particular how much i enjoyed the Baron in this ep. Top stuff from Pip. The character is really coming into his own.
    Also, Yay! The Doctor's back! I've been really enjoying Paul's Doctor for some time now, & here he's sounding really confident in the role, even more so. And really is far more preferable to me than that Mockney bloke on the telly.
    Nice to hear extra characters fleshing out the story as well. Ant is always excellent at these character roles, & i thought his emperor sounded very good. Sufficiently like Tor Gorane to sound like they're both of the same race, but different enough to have his own character.
    It was also good to hear Si & Jonno in their respective roles as well. Do i detect a bit of pitch modulation on Jonno's voice? It sounds rather deep? Meanwhile, Tor Gorane - You gotta love the way Martin exclaims: "Doctor!" a minute or two before the end.
    I'm enjoying the actual story as well. What a great cliffhanger!
    What more can i say except further congrats to everyone conncerned. Can't wait for the CD's.

Ok here it comes....... Sorry but there one bit of dialogue that i thought was really bad........ "Dung Swamps of the Turd Galaxy" Oh Martin!

Pip Madeley Guest

Something tells me that may have been a Si Hunt addition...

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Something tells me that may have been a Si Hunt addition...
    So Si Hunt is PS's RTD? I was gonna simply call him STD, but those initials are rather unfortunate.

Don't crank it on me. Where's your proof I say!

OH MARTIN!

Si.

All elaborate comedy recollections about planet's visited in the past are Si's!

Meanwhile, Tor Gorane - You gotta love the way Martin exclaims: "Doctor!" a minute or two before the end.
    Thanks Wayne! I was really pleased with how that sounded!
    Glad your enjoying the story!

The truth is, that crap line was down to me, but the emphasis wasn't supposed to be on it, it was just the first thing that came to mind so I could write the next bit. The scripted lines are as follows:

THE DOCTOR: (coughing) Come now Nick, we’ve fought worse smells in our time! Remember the Dung Swamps of the Turd Galaxy? It took Nelly a week to shift those odours from our clothes.

NICK: Well at least she’s safe in the TARDIS laundry for this adventure, Doctor. (pause… then, quietly) How exactly are we going to find Rob once we get into this Skraith base?
    Nelly was going to be the woman who runs the TARDIS laundry (you see what happens when you let me tamper with your script), given an off-hand mention here and then again in other adventures. Perhaps she might even appear, played by Emma Thompson, popping up in the console room with a duster and handing Rob and Nick a clean pair of pants before they embark on their next, potentially exciting, adventure.

Alas, the line was recorded but it sounded irrefutably like Paul was saying "It took nearly a week to shift those odours", so Nick's reply would have only elicited a listener response of "WHAT?!". So I cut the line about Nelly altogether, thus prematurely ending her career as a semi-regular companion before it had even begun. This does, unfortunately, place the emphasis on a line B that was shoved in there just to get from line A to line C. Nothing's simple with us.

Si.

Wayne Guest

It would've sounded better if the Doctor had an Irish accent. That way, at least the word 'turd' would've sounded more ambiguous.

I've never actually thought about the line before in my life, but I've decided I like it. Let's go to the Turd Galaxy!

Si.

Wayne Guest

I dread to think what alien life form from that galaxy would be dreamt up.
    I woudn't put it on the CD cover if i were you.
    Perhaps the Tardis should chameleonize itself into that porta-loo after all.

Wouldn't that make it the TURDIS?

Wayne Guest

That accent could signal the return of Uncle Barney?

Let's go to the Turd Galaxy!
    Nah, that'd be cr*p.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Also, Yay! The Doctor's back! I've been really enjoying Paul's Doctor for some time now, & here he's sounding really confident in the role, even more so. And really is far more preferable to me than that Mockney bloke on the telly.
    Thats very kind of you to say that Wayne. I definitely feel like I've got to the point now where I know my Doctor so well that I can really work on the performance. Hopefully you'll enjoy the next couple of performances as well.

Wayne Guest

It's true. I'm not just saying it to be nice. You really do sound like the Doctor! I'm still going with the cross between Troughton & McGann.

I'm still convinced he's a young William Hartnell. Whichever, it's still sounding better and better all the time. I'm really looking forward to hearing some of the stuff that he has to do in... one of the future releases!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I'm still convinced he's a young William Hartnell.
    I hadn't thought of that, but yes i can hear it!

I wonder if Susan is yet to be conceived?

I certainly fluff enough lines to be a young Hartnell.

Its quite interesting to hear those comparisons. I initially set out with a Davison style interpretation in mind and over the years I think its really morphed into a version of me.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I think its really morphed into a version of me.
    I think that's the best way.

Isn't that what all the best Doctors are?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.