Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Maybe it was "Partners in Crime", now THAT's an opening episode how to should be done - funny, original, quirky, dramatic and very well produced and directed.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    people who are given every disease ever and then cured by MIXING EVERY SOLUTION EVER into a big pot and showering them with it!
    Makes sense to me.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I watched 'I Was A Doctor Who Monster' last night, and finally discovered the origins of some well-known PS catchphrases.....

That was a very stupid thing to do Doctor Who.

We're halfway through "Planet of the Dead" in shiny H to the D.

Watched "Survival" Parts Two & Three today cos I just couldn't stand the wait of a day.

Also cried towards the end... even though it's been almost 20 years since Classic Who ended... I wish we'd had a Season 27 and beyond with Sylv and Soph... *sigh*
    Tom Simpson
    My Top Three: "The War Games", "The Caves of Androzani" & "Time-Flight".

On the subject of end of an era stories... We watched TPOTW earlier on, Eccleston's swansong. Rather enjoyed it, and we still cheered when Jackie came round the corner in that truck! I wonder what the new guy with the new teeth will be like?

He'll probably be rubbish.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

We've just finished "Doctor Who and The Claws of Axus" as Pertwee sort of calls it.

Axonite, must not distrubute....must not distribute...

There's an interesting line in it which no-one ever comments on. When the Doctor and the Master are in the TARDIS, the Doctor says "Well, you're the mechanic." A clue about the role the Master played in pre-escape Gallifreyan society?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    There's an interesting line in it which no-one ever comments on. When the Doctor and the Master are in the TARDIS, the Doctor says "Well, you're the mechanic." A clue about the role the Master played in pre-escape Gallifreyan society?

Si.
    "Oh dear, dear, dear..what cowboy last worked on this TARDIS? You're gonna need a new time rotor, dematerialisation circuit and your relative continuum stabilisers need an overhaul.
    So with parts and labour, it ain't goon be cheep. I'll do you a discount for cash though mate!!!"

Pip Madeley Guest

Drax?

We're doing "DWATS".

Thomasine Heiner is very like Annette Crosbie.

Pip Madeley Guest

Doctor Who and the Sybermen?

No! Der Wasp and the Sunicorn.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I watched Terror of The Autons at the weekend. A very Masterful story, although I do wish the video I have of it didn't squeak. Wish they'd hurry up and bring it out on DVD
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

For the first time in a couple of years I'm not watching any and don't have any immediate plans to. I just finished (the other week) watching/listening to them all in order and thought I should probably watch some other stuff for a while

In my ongoing trip through the past few years, I watched The Christmas Invasion last night. It's probably the 'new series' episode I've watched the most times, but somehow it still retains that sense of freshness and wonder that it had back in 05. Let's hope Tennant's swansong is as enjoyable as his debut!

Fancied a nice 'comfort zone' story tonight so went with the first half of The Stones of Blood - Gothic horror, Graham Williams style, with an over the top Tom, sweet little K9, a sweet little old lady and some bad guys who aren't scary at all who are killed off in episode 2. Why weren't more later Tom Baker stories set in English country style settings? There's only this one and Image of the Fendahl.
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

We're watching "Doctor Who and The Invasion of the Cybermen" starring Patrick Lichfield as Dr Who, Frasier Crane as Jamie Mac and Wendy Craig as Zoe Onasis.

We're just about to take a trip to the famous Blue planet of the Acteon galaxy, to the Planet of the Spiders!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I've been watching the E-Space boxset which I got for my birthday.

I've really enjoyed the stories as I've never had copies of any of them before, but for me State of Decay stands head and shoulders above the other two.

I like all the E-Space stories for different reasons, which I suppose is terribly boring.

I also like Part Two of Planet of The Spiders. The chase only lasts 10 minutes and there are far worse ways to fill half an episode (cf Monster of Peladon). We got to the end of Part Three, so we've seen the finest acting in the Acteon Galaxy, but Pertwee has been ZAPPED!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Invasion Episode 4

"The South East of England? That's where all Vaughn's factories are!" squeaks Isobel. Among all the other people, buildings and objects in that quarter of Britain, yes.

Si.

Tonight I watched Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead with my recently converted friend (converted to DW that is). He described them as 'brilliant!'
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

I found the end of Planet of Spiders cusriously moving tonight. Perhaps more so than I ever have done before. I'm not entirely sure why, but there was just something about it that i found quite touching and sad. Maybe it's been reading About Time that's done it and my new found appreciation of the Pertwee era themes.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.