Thread: Blur

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What is "skip related content"? Is the head of Parlophone tacitly calling Blur "rubbish"?

Or is it someone not cutting and pasting with style?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Blur lost a great deal of my respect when they allowed "The Universal" to be used in commercials for British Gas.

Definitely. No-one with any sense has anything to do with British Gas.

Si xx

I let them off becuase Blur probably didn't get a say in the matter.

Blur are heading back to the studio in early 2011 for the group's first album as a quartet in more than a decade, according to reports. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos Blur 'returning to recording studio for new album' Enlarge photo The Parklife hitmakers returned to the music scene after a six-year hiatus to headline a series of festivals last year.

Frontman Damon Albarn, who has been touring with his other band Gorillaz, revealed earlier this year that the group was planning to work together again next year.

And according to The Sun, the rockers are preparing to record a new album - their first complete work since 1999's 13.

A source tells the publication, "The lads will be getting in the studio early next year. There's no concrete plans regarding what they will do with the material, but if they're all agreed it could become the first full Blur album to feature all four members in over a decade.

"When they went into the studio earlier this year everyone was really pleased to discover that the old magic was still there. They would have liked to have done more, but Damon could not take part due to his commitments with Gorillaz.

"Now that he's finished touring with the band he has more time on his hands."
    Yay!

Si xx

Given that they've got involved in a lot more musically interesting and diverse stuff since 13, this could be very good indeed.

Or terrible!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The new song, Fools Day, that they released earlier this year was very good, so I'm feeling optimistic (!) about this news. Just as long as they can keep from arguing with each other, they'll be fine.

Si xx

Ahead of their Brit award, Blur unveil a new song!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...ts-performance

Do you like it Si?

Si.

I haven't heard it yet Si!

It's very mellow. I'd like to hear a full band version- this is just Graham and Damon at the moment. It seems very touching and pretty and is quite nice really.

Are you getting tix Si?

Si.

Graham Coxon was in the shop yesterday, doing a photo shoot. He never looks very happy, does he?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

A massive OH DEAR for that Brits performance.

I'm glad I didn't watch then. They were so good in 2009 when they last got back together.

I know Damon was out of tune on half the recorded versions, so it's not unintentional, but I thought that was just embarrassing.

It's surprising, they were spectacular a couple of years back at Hyde Park and Glastonbury. Maybe they were rubbish especially for the Brits.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Good things - they did the right three songs, "Park Life", "Song 2" and "Girls & Boys", I did half-fear they'd do something obscure for the sake of it, although it's about time they got over themselves and brought back their biggest hit, "Country House". Even I cheered through "Girls & Boys". Phil Daniels did a rousing "Park Life" with them.

However, I have to say the vocals were woeful. And he REALLY needs to drop the "Woh oh oh oh oh oh!" bit on B&G because it was cringeworthy. I felt embarassed listening to it!

Overall it could have been worse, the vocals sort of arn't the point (ish). They did three popular songs and everyone in the crowd looked like they were having a great time.

One complaint - it rankled when we were told by the announcer that "they've been around for 21 years now!" when they haven't made an album for 9. And also Damon's thank you speech chundered on for so long that Adele ended up being cut short after them and didn't get to do her thank you speech, for which she angrily stuck a mid-digit up at the camera. You don't mess with a Tottenham Girl, so I hope Damon watched his back on the way home.

Si.

Part of me is quite tickled by the idea of seeing one of the great bands of my teenage years live but if they're past their best vocally (take a bow Jason Donovan!) then it might not be a very enjoyable experience.

Well all I can say is that they sounded great in 2009. And they played Country House then too.

Perhaps they just hadn't rehearsed enough?

The forgotten sound of Blur: http://thequietus.com/articles/08056...eyond-the-hits

There are some great songs there- All Your Life is a particular favourite of mine.

The great big Blur Box is coming! Remasters! Rarities! DVDs! Everything you could possibly want and a 7inch single! http://blur.co.uk/blur21/

Blimey!

I'd be quite interested in the vinyl of MLIR, but ain't too fussed about the rest these days. Looks nice though, and explains why a customer recently sold us a few of the old vinyls. I guess they're about to drop in value!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild