Default Let It Roll- The Best of George Harrison

Coming June 15th:

1 Got My Mind Set On You
    2. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
    3. The Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)
    4. My Sweet Lord
    5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps [Live]
    6. All Things Must Pass
    7. Any Road
    8. This Is Love
    9. All Those Years Ago
    10. Marwa Blues
    11. What Is Life
    12. Rising Sun
    13. When We Was Fab
    14. Something [Live]
    15. Blow Away
    16. Cheer Down
    17. Here Comes The Sun [Live]
    18. I Don't Want To Do It
    19. Isn't It A Pity

Pretty decent stab at a best of. Shame they could only include live versions of the Beatles tracks.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's probably about time he got his solo dues, although in truth I don't know a lot of those songs. It's also surprising that his version of Dylan's "If Not For You" is not included, as that's quite a well known and pleasant song.

Si.

Aww! If only they got it up to 20 tracks and included either "Here Comes The Moon" or "Crackerbox Palace"?
    Still, I've been wanting a "George best of" for sometime.
    Thanks for the tip off, Si!

In some ways we'd have been better off with those tracks rather than the live Beatles tracks I think. I think just a look over his solo career would have been great... and why no Bangaladesh, eh? That deserved a place on there.

I'm hoping someone will get me this for my birthday!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

If only they'd bring out a Ringo Starr best of, then one could stack them together and make a shelter for a little pet mouse.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Pretty decent stab at a best of. Shame they could only include live versions of the Beatles tracks.
    Well firstly, and this is not aimed at Dino or either Si, you can't please everyone. The second point being that there'd be the usual, inevitable copyright issues concerning Paul, Ringo and Yoko if they attempted to get the original Beatles stuff on there. I'd have loved Heading For The Light by the Wilburys to have been on there, but presumably the same problem would crop up. Still a pretty damn good collection nevertheless. I love the title track.

I don't know whether Dino's aware of The Best of Dark Horse, which turned out a few years ago. I don't think it's available any more, but the songs you mentioned were on there

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I don't know whether Dino's aware of The Best of Dark Horse, which turned out a few years ago. I don't think it's available any more, but the songs you mentioned were on there
    Well I used to have that on a tape that got worn out over the years and could never find a replacement in the shops for it.
    And yes to "Heading For The Light" and it's a push, but what was that song of his played over the end credits of Time Bandits?
    This CD is going to soundtrack my summer anyways.

It's called Dream Away. I can't get the link to work, but it's on YouTube and the Gone Troppo album.
    Last edited by Stuart Wallis; 24th May 2009 at 1:10 PM.

There is a Best Of George Harrison album out that has Beatles tracks on it and also solo stuff. It has a curious history, came out originally on the cut price MFP label and was originally a cheapo album but for years now has been full price and on a standard EMI label. In fact from when it was an LP, it was one side Beatles songs like Taxman or Something and the other was solo George. The only thing wrong with this album is that it only goes up to somewhere like 1975 or 1976. Which is when it came out originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Superman View Post
    There is a Best Of George Harrison album out that has Beatles tracks on it and also solo stuff. It has a curious history, came out originally on the cut price MFP label and was originally a cheapo album but for years now has been full price and on a standard EMI label. In fact from when it was an LP, it was one side Beatles songs like Taxman or Something and the other was solo George. The only thing wrong with this album is that it only goes up to somewhere like 1975 or 1976. Which is when it came out originally.
    I've already got this one on tape as well. I've bought Let It Roll today and I've forgotten how good This Is Love was?
    The live tracks appear from the Concert For Bangla Desh and the tracklisting seems to have some nice touches. The Lennon tribute All Those Years Ago is followed by the instrumental Marwa Blues which almost seems like a tribute to George?
    Sad to see it wasn't in the top ten in the chart at the supermarket.
    I think it was about #17?

Fair play, The Lads can't be in the vicinity of every high street music vendor in the country simultaneously!