Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Remembrance Of The Daleks - 2 Disc Edition!

Wow, this one really slipped under the rumour radar. I'm sure there'll still be something for some fans to moan about....

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10125...tml?P36=E4UT93

20th July, according to Play.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Now that's really tempting...but bloddy annoying as I already have it!

I wonder if it's a re-release of the stuff that's on the Davros boxset, as that had an expanded edition, didn't it?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Time to get the original release on ebay quick smart!

I would assume so.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I wonder if it's a re-release of the stuff that's on the Davros boxset, as that had an expanded edition, didn't it?

Si xx

well I'll be very angry if this turns out to be the release for July, no story should be re-released untill all the remaining complete stories have been released. By releasing this for a 3rd time and so soon after the Davros box set would be another example of 2/entertain cheating on us in another cynical ploy to exploit more money out of us.

Well you can always buy The War Games which is out on 6th July Larry... and remember no-one is forcing you to buy any of them, so exploitation is a bit extreme. In fact if I'd bought the Davros set, which I didn't, I wouldn't bother getting this version. But I probably will, when it comes cheap.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well you can always buy The War Games which is out on 6th July Larry... and remember no-one is forcing you to buy any of them, so exploitation is a bit extreme. In fact if I'd bought the Davros set, which I didn't, I wouldn't bother getting this version. But I probably will, when it comes cheap.

Si xx

yes I don't have to buy it - although I probably will as I want an updated version with all the extras my point is that with 50 odd stories still to be released these should take priority. I have absolutly no problem with the early stuff that did not have extras being re-released with extras but it should be at the end of the release schedual.

I'm afraid you've answered your own question there Larry - 2entertain are a business, they exist to make money. You can't moan at them for bringing out a release on one hand, then on the other note that you'll probably buy it! It's because people like you (and me in fact) will buy it that they're making it available.

Si.

I have absolutly no problem with the early stuff that did not have extras being re-released with extras but it should be at the end of the release schedual.
    But it's an extra release, so it's not taking the place of anything else- we're getting two releases in the same month.

Si xx

Yes, if you disagree with the timing why not hold off buying it til the end of the run, the effect will be the same!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    By releasing this for a 3rd time
    Tish and tush. You're doing them a disservice.

It's the 4th time they've released it on DVD.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I knew it wouldn't take long....

We just need an announcement of a rejigged Tomb of the Cybermen now for the shit to really hit the fans!

Perhaps they could also sneak in a new version of Robots of Death too!

Si xx

Robots has definitely had work start on it, hasn't it? Was it Louise Jameson who let the cat out of the bag?

Yeah, I'm sure someone said she said she'd recorded a commentary for it or something...

Si xx

Wayne Guest

Double Yay!

I'd like to get to know what's on it before i definitely order it, because i'm still umming & ahhing over that Davros box set, which still down to £40 on the BF website.
    If most of the extras are on the new 'Remembrance' release, then i'll get this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    We just need an announcement of a rejigged Tomb of the Cybermen now for the shit to really hit the fans!
    Personally, i'd love a vid-fired re-release of this!
    Infact, i wholeheartedly support the re-release of any of the early non-extra stories at any time. So long as they're laden with bonus features.

I'd buy it if it was an empty box!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'd buy it if it was an empty box!
    I've still got my cardboard sleeves to 'Beneath the Surface' & 'K9 Tales' if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Double Yay!

I'd like to get to know what's on it before i definitely order it, because i'm still umming & ahhing over that Davros box set, which still down to £40 on the BF website.
    If most of the extras are on the new 'Remembrance' release, then i'll get this instead.
    It's only on one disc on the Davros boxset, so a 2 disc listing suggests it'll have something else, hopefully the "Davros Connections" docu. That would mean the only thing exclusive to the boxset would be the actual BF stuff. We'll have to wait & see.....

Pip Madeley Guest

Interesting - I won't be rushing to get it but I probably will pick it up eventually.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    It's only on one disc on the Davros boxset, so a 2 disc listing suggests it'll have something else, hopefully the "Davros Connections" docu. That would mean the only thing exclusive to the boxset would be the actual BF stuff. We'll have to wait & see.....
    Righty ho. Cheers for that Steve. Like you say, we shall see in due course.

I can't wait for this new Rememberance release because I was also wavering on getting the Davros boxset from Big Finish but other things came up and I never did. I think this is the Rememberance from that boxset because I have just been on the Big Finish website and they have a 2 disc special edition in that set. I don't know what is different about it because looking at the extras they are mostly what I remember from the original release.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

I'm as moist as a well made sponge cake at this news. It's one of my favourite stories so give it 2 me, yeah, no one's gonna stop me, now.

Hopefully we'll get a decent cover on it this time and do we think we'll get a fancy pants movie edit like "Battlefields" and "The Curse of Fenrics"?